User Tag List

First 172526272829 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    You're an INTP, you guys are a creative bunch. I'm sure you'll find something

I'm sure she doesn't feel it's intended slight hopefully she's the kind that's strong enough to not let it bother her. Most of the time I can be pretty good about slights that are unintentional or truly benign but sometimes...it just stings. Whats even more aggravating is that if you try and be extra nice to try and catch slighting her before you accidentally do it, she'll catch on to what you're doing and may feel you're patronizing her.

Or at least that's how I often react, and its a small wonder to me that people can get so frustrated with ISFJs. We're a well meaning bunch but far too sensitive. Or, again, maybe that's just me.
    Haha! I am pretty genuine, so it would be hard for me to fake it. She does know when I'm not having a good time. I don't get frustrated with her at all. I just know that I could probably do more to make her feel like I care since my method of expression is so different from hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    I'm not ISFJ. Could you just 'not filter' too many of your ideas and instead, share those with her? I'd think honesty would probably be good. That's a bond or connection in and of itself. Something really good for family.
    I can, but I struggle with it a little bit because our interests are so different. I don't want to bore her. We can usually find something to talk about, but sometimes I think she believes that she had an alien child, lol.

Thanks to all who spoke up. I definitely have a starting point now.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE

Hello ISFJs. These questions concern the cognitive functions. I'm an INTP (Ti-Ne-Si-Fe) compared to an ISFJ (Si-Fe-Ti-Ne). Our functions are the same but backwards in a way; does that interest any ISFJs that you may at times display some kind of "INTP" type personality and do you in anyway?

To add on I think I do at times display the kind and compassionate type nature of an ISFJ but only to about 4 people out of the many I know in life.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    A couple of times a week but I'm used to it now.
    ....I'm still unsure as to what emotions are, let alone them being overwhelming!
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    ....I'm still unsure as to what emotions are, let alone them being overwhelming!
    Hahaha Hi d@v3. Don't worry, you don't want to know.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Why are ISFJ such sheep?

What's your relationship with your Ti - I would have expected it to give you more independent thought.

Do you feel uncomfortable having your own Ti opinion?

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I slept with a possible isfj on the first date before and then she thought I was "only interested in her for sex" :/, but I actually dug her a lot (I'm just very passionate). How can I avoid this kind ofmisunderstanding in the future?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I slept with a possible isfj on the first date before and then she thought I was "only interested in her for sex" :/, but I actually dug her a lot (I'm just very passionate). How can I avoid this kind ofmisunderstanding in the future?
    Passion is good, very good. But it's okay to slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    Why are ISFJ such sheep?

What's your relationship with your Ti - I would have expected it to give you more independent thought.

I don't know about other ISFJs so I can't speak for them, but I think and do what I feel is right. Sometimes that falls right in line with what the masses think and do. If I don't like what the masses are doing, then I won't do it (provided I can walk my own line without encountering too many problems). This happens sometimes.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Why are ISFJ such sheep?
    I'll take "Loaded Statements" for $400 Alex!

What's your relationship with your Ti
    Pretty good actually, or so I've been told!

- I would have expected it to give you more independent thought.
    So do you actually know any ISFJs or are you just making blanket generalizations based on really bad stereotypes of ISFJs?

Sometimes, but only because I don't want conflict with the other party....even if I know that I'm right.

I'm not a female, but if I were to feel that way it would be because after we did the deed there was no communication or sense of closeness/reconnection/warm fuzzies. How did things play out after you guys did the deed?
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Passion is good, very good. But it's okay to slow down.
    Ok... I usually rely on the girl to slow me down, but that's not fair I guess :/ Especially with more sensitive girls that I may have more long term potential with.

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    I'll take "Loaded Statements" for $400 Alex!

Pretty good actually, or so I've been told!

Uu

So do you actually know any ISFJs or are you just making blanket generalizations based on really bad stereotypes of ISFJs?

Sometimes, but only because I don't want conflict with the other party....even if I know that I'm right.

I'm not a female, but if I were to feel that way it would be because after we did the deed there was no communication or sense of closeness/reconnection/warm fuzzies. How did things play out after you guys did the deed?
    Lol nooooo comment D:

It was complicated by a lot of factors I'm sure, but I take your point. Also, I like the quote in your sig.

if you must know we had to run to the store for a pill the next day so it was a bit chaotic. (It was quite a night lol and no I do not make a habit of it!!)
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Ok... I usually rely on the girl to slow me down, but that's not fair I guess :/ Especially with more sensitive girls that I may have more long term potential with.
    You're right. If she was the one who wanted to slow down, she should have said something. @tinker683 is right though, the situation could be remedied after the fact by you putting more effort into establishing a stronger emotional connection.