User Tag List

First 13212223242533 Last

MBTI
    ISFP

Clique question, but how do you ISFJs act when you like someone romantically?
    I'm interested in an ISFJ guy...

I would love if you could give specific examples, or maybe examples from your past experiences?
    Thanks! c:

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Foxxi View Post
    Clique question, but how do you ISFJs act when you like someone romantically?
    I'm interested in an ISFJ guy...

I would love if you could give specific examples, or maybe examples from your past experiences?
    Thanks! c:
    Hmm...depends on his confidence level. Back when I had none at all, I was entirely too shy to talk to her and would often end up only hoping she would notice me or that maybe her and I might find ourselves next to each other and THEN she'd notice me (Needless to say, I was single for a very long time). If she did show interest in me, I would respond and try to be as sweet/gentlemanly/accommodating as I can. ISFJs often measure and express themselves by what they do for people, not just what they say.

However, now that I have more confidence in myself, now I approach her and just say, "Hi! My name.." and go from there. I try to be as polite as I can, I take an interest in everything you're saying, and I'll smile at you A LOT.

In other words, it'll be blithely obvious.

My advice: Go after him! ISFJ males can be kind of demure and if he isn't showing any interest in you, its not that he may or may not find you interesting, he may just be oblivious to your attraction. You don't have to come on really strong and say or do something like, "Hi, I really like you!" or something like that, just go talk to him. If he really engages you, then he probably thinks your interesting.

Truth be told, I respond the strongest to SPs and the goofy, happy-go-lucky way you guys can be

Good luck!
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Do ISFJs ever start acting like INTPs when they develop their Ti and Ne?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Yes, I am an INTP.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Do ISFJs ever start acting like INTPs when they develop their Ti and Ne?
    I can pretend to be one, and maybe even come off as one at first glance (and vice versa I've been told) but I am and will always be a pale imitation of an INTP, nothing more
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    If she did show interest in me, I would respond and try to be as sweet/gentlemanly/accommodating as I can. ISFJs often measure and express themselves by what they do for people, not just what they say.
    Thanks so much for your reply! I'm just wondering if ISFJs could be called "fickle" when it comes to romance and the like...will they jump right in before thinking much about something as serious as a relationship, or will they slowly make sure that "this is really what they want"?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Thanks so much for your reply! I'm just wondering if ISFJs could be called "fickle" when it comes to romance and the like...will they jump right in before thinking much about something as serious as a relationship, or will they slowly make sure that "this is really what they want"?
    I am not fickle in the sense that I switch partners frequently but I am the dive in before thinking much type (assuming I really like them). I'm also unsure if I'm xSFJ or xSFP so take what I say with a grain of salt.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    I can pretend to be one, and maybe even come off as one at first glance (and vice versa I've been told) but I am and will always be a pale imitation of an INTP, nothing more
    truly, its impossible not to recognize an isfj from that look you all have in your eyes.

but i did arrive here with a question as well: what is the purpose of life?

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I am not fickle in the sense that I switch partners frequently but I am the dive in before thinking much type (assuming I really like them). I'm also unsure if I'm xSFJ or xSFP so take what I say with a grain of salt.
    Giggly and I are very much the same in this respect. I don't switch partners frequently but I can (and have) swan dived into relationships without giving them too much thought (or the wrong kind of thoughts. I focus on only the good and not the bad).

If I am timid about getting involved with someone, its because I'm feeling insecure or disinterested about something and that something could be anything: Me, you, my life situation, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    truly, its impossible not to recognize an isfj from that look you all have in your eyes.

but i did arrive here with a question as well: what is the purpose of life?
    As I said, only at first glance

Purpose of life? The answer to that I think will depend on ones philosophical/religious outlook on life. I personally don't feel there is an "objective" purpose to life except to live. Beyond that, its up to you.
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

How should I help my ISFJ mom prepare for retirement? (It's still a couple of years to come, but she's dreading it because she will feel unneeded and useless, which will drive her crazy)

She doesn't really have her own hobbies and she loves doing things for people, like when she's stressed out, she goes shopping for me I know it's very sweet, but I don't think it's ultimately healthy, because she needs to start doing things for herself too, you know...

4w5 sp/sx EII