User Tag List

First 10181920212230 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    Ok. Please tell me if you identify with the following quote. Kindly do not search or otherwise look up where it's from . But I would like to know if you identify with it.

How often does something like this happen to other ISFJs? Or other SJs? It happens to me a lot, actually this is pretty much how I think all the time, and I thought it was a result of dom/aux Si but I am no longer sure.

Thanks, friends.
    Actually my thought processes tend to proceed as if I'm giving a lecture. I spend a great time of time focusing on a particular topic and then branch out into related topics.

So...something similar I suppose, but not the same.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Actually my thought processes tend to proceed as if I'm giving a lecture. I spend a great time of time focusing on a particular topic and then branch out into related topics.

So...something similar I suppose, but not the same.
    Ah. Thank you! I suspect that the bolded is the difference here. Because I am like that quote, in that the topics change second to second, really rapidly evolving so to speak, kind of randomly. (I've heard this attributed to functions ISFJs aren't "supposed" to have...)
    Whereas you seem to go in depth with one idea before moving on. Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by DJAchtundvierzig View Post
    Do you ISFJs feel like INTPs at times?
    I relate to them at times, yes.

MBTI
    INTJ

I often describe my thought process as something similar to browsing wikipedia. Starts with one page, find an interesting term and go to another page. This then leads to more and more pages until I forget what I was looking up in the first place.
    My ISFJ friend says she feels like her brain is filled with information stashed in file folders, and there's a little runner who sifts through the files looking for it when she needs to retrieve it. Does that sound similar/related to what's posted above?

All Natural! All Good!

coconut,

I don't relate to your friend's description, but it may just be another way of saying the same thing. It seems like she already has an end-goal in mind (the thing she is looking for) and then retrieves it. For the wikipedia example, I think it's more like there is nothing to run towards at least some of the time, nothing to find, it's just associations and more "tangential". But of course, it could be the same thing. Thanks for the input.
    So eat it, you should.

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    NeTi

Dear ISFJs,

1. What do people do that piss you off the most? Pet peeves must be mentioned.

2. What is your opinion on the future? Specifically the future of yourself and family.

3. If you are offended by someone's actions but you can't show it, what do you usually do, body-language and speech wise?

4. Do ENTPs' attraction to anarchy annoy you? If so, how and to what extent?

5. What captures your attention? In the positive way of course.

6. Inversely, what do you guys brush off as "stupid bullshit"?

7. What makes you genuinely happy? The kind of feeling that gives you hope that the world is not all bad.

Sincerely,
    A Diehard ENTP.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieFrancs View Post
    Dear ISFJs,

Probably the biggest pet peeve I have is exploitation & selfishness, particularly when the person doing the exploiting knows fully well what they are doing but feels that are entitled to whatever it is they are trying to get anyway.

A good example: Whenever my brother Jason points out to my parents that they have to take care of him because he's their son (and therefore should be able to live at home for free). You have -no idea- how much this PISSES me off!!!

I hate users and mooches of all shapes and sizes :steam:

2. What is your opinion on the future? Specifically the future of yourself and family.
    My family will still be chugging along. I forsee myself managing my own office eventually. I hoping a wife and perhaps 1 or two kids will be in that picture but we'll have to wait and see.

Oh, and eventually I'll probably get good enough to teach ballroom dancing on the side :workout:

3. If you are offended by someone's actions but you can't show it, what do you usually do, body-language and speech wise?
    I typically get kind of distant and passive aggressive. Body-language wise my movements will get stiffer, as if under strain. I'll keep looking/moving/looking away from you as well. Verbally, I'll start to become cold, distant, and indifferent to you.

Usually if I'm angry at you, it'll become apparent

It depends on what, why, and to what degree. If the ENTP is the mad scientist type that's furiously working away on a proof or something, then it can be endearing as I feel like I'm contributing (if only in a small way) to this new discovery by cleaning up after her and caring for her.

People who are into anarchy just for anarchy's sake are often incredibly irritating and I try to avoid them.

Kindness, charity, compassion, creativity, confidence, adventurousness. People who demonstrate these qualities get high marks with me. People who really excel at any one of these traits become people that I admire.

-Ravings against the status quo or some other authority without any kind of alternative solution to the problem they present. This kind of ties into my above answer about anarchy, but people who are counter-culture for the sake of being counter-culture are really friggin' obnoxious.

If you're going to try and do your own thing, cool, but if you're just doing it for the sake of shocking-and-rebelling than piss off and leave me alone.

-Constantly whining and complaining over the most mundane of things. If you're the type of person who flies into a fit whenever you have to spend an extra 50 cents on a drink, I'm going to rip your eyes out with my own two hands. JUST PAY THE GOD DAMN EXTRA CENTS, MOVE ON AND SHUT THE FUCK UP >8| . If paying that little bit extra is worth getting an ulcer over, then just don't buy the damn thing!

7. What makes you genuinely happy? The kind of feeling that gives you hope that the world is not all bad.

Sincerely,
    A Diehard ENTP.
    -Whenever I see a solider come home and reunite with their kids and/or their spouse.
    -Whenever someone plays Good Samaritan, just because.
    -Being around the people I love and care about. Their continued presence reminds me of why I'm so lucky
    - Going dancing. It's one of the few times in my life that I feel desirable, and that's a good thing in any language
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

All Natural! All Good!

People giving instructions in infinite detail instead of just telling me what they want as the final product.
    Supress their eccentricities for the sake of social acceptance.
    Violent crime, of course.

The future is possibilities, so I like it b/c I want to see what unfolds. At the same time, I'm aware of things that could go wrong (on a grand scale, like civilization collapsing) so I'll try to avert them.
    For myself, I dunno, and I don't plan to have a family.

Well I consider speech to be showing it. I'll explain the offense if I'm going to "show it". Body language, I'll just walk away.

I don't mind anarchy in theory. I'll discuss it. But I don't want it to be reality...I am not good at defending myself, especially against, you know, nuclear bombs.
    But just for discussion's sake, why would it annoy me? lol

Interesting things on the internet. Problems to chew on. etc.

Boring things. People whining on and on and on about minor problems (which is boring).

Seeing people walk away from an environment, religion, etc where they were oppressed or unhappy. (I seldom get this feeling so I don't really know tbh)
    Seeing people stand up to others and decide their own life paths.
    So eat it, you should.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    People giving instructions in infinite detail instead of just telling me what they want as the final product.
    Supress their eccentricities for the sake of social acceptance.
    Violent crime, of course.

The future is possibilities, so I like it b/c I want to see what unfolds. At the same time, I'm aware of things that could go wrong (on a grand scale, like civilization collapsing) so I'll try to avert them.
    For myself, I dunno, and I don't plan to have a family.

Well I consider speech to be showing it. I'll explain the offense if I'm going to "show it". Body language, I'll just walk away.

I don't mind anarchy in theory. I'll discuss it. But I don't want it to be reality...I am not good at defending myself, especially against, you know, nuclear bombs.
    But just for discussion's sake, why would it annoy me? lol

Interesting things on the internet. Problems to chew on. etc.

Boring things. People whining on and on and on about minor problems (which is boring).

Seeing people walk away from an environment, religion, etc where they were oppressed or unhappy. (I seldom get this feeling so I don't really know tbh)
    Seeing people stand up to others and decide their own life paths.
    Hmmm. Some of the stuff you mention sounds rather INTP like. Such as the bolded stuff above. Not saying you can't be an ISFJ but have you considered INTP? I think you mentioned before about being stuck in an Ti/Si loop, which might explain some of your identification with ISFJ.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm-shift View Post
    Hmmm. Some of the stuff you mention sounds rather INTP like. Such as the bolded stuff above. Not saying you can't be an ISFJ but have you considered INTP? I think you mentioned before about being stuck in an Ti/Si loop, which might explain some of your identification with ISFJ.
    Yes, I considered it, just very quickly. I am not an N. But I am in an Si-Ti loop...

The things you have bolded as "not ISFJ" are based on ISFJ stereotypes, not real ISFJ behaviour.

• instructions in infinite detail: no one can remember them, regardless of type.
    • it's uncomfortable to suppress one's eccentricities. I don't understand why people even try
    • interest in the future/excitement for the future could point to an ISP's tertiary Ni as much as an SJ's desire to plan for the future. Being able to look beyond the tip of one's nose does not = N
    • family thing = ISFJ stereotype. I am not nurturing enough to have a family, and I have no desire to. I didn't realize personal life choices were because of type!
    • see, I just made a list...how J is that? It's J.

Sorry if any of that sounds rude (Ha! Fe moment) but I really don't see INTP or any NT for that matter.
    So eat it, you should.