First 5131415161725 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    I'll take a stab at this, but...

If I do cry while watching a happy movie it's usually because a really moving, emotionally touching scene has just played out. It's kind of embarrassing because men aren't "allowed" to cry during movies and I have to really restrain myself if in the company of people who don't know me very well for fear of being heckled.

The reason why it affects us like it does (and this is just my 2 copper pieces mind you) is because we IxFJs deeply value affection and warmth. It's why we avoid conflict situations and it's why we often require a steady stream of affirmation from our partners: because what we want to feel both toward ourselves and toward others is affection and safety.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Not at all. If they hated seeing it, they would tell you. Not all tears are sad tears
    I'm not evil!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Would an ISFJ let me have a messy lab if I keep the door closed? (more serious than it looks)
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFJ

You're too funny Warm!

Okie dokie though, question for my fellow ISFJs: How stereotypical of an ISFJ are you? Do you match the stereotype well or, if not, how much do you think you deviate from it?

Portrait of an ISFJ

This is pretty accurate except that I'm not all that great with decorating. My sister is ALWAYS after me about "prettying up" my home with decoration so that it is more inviting. *shrugs* Also, I'm a bit messy.

Then there is the whole depression thing. Um, no. I don't get in a funk and feel like I can't do anything right if I don't get positive feedback. Instead, I'll either step up my game or congratulate myself because I know I did a good job.
    "Your voice is like chocolate...dreamy."
    --WildHorses

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Would an ISFJ let me have a messy lab if I keep the door closed? (more serious than it looks)
    Ya know, it's kinda strange. In my relationship with an INFP, I was the messy one and he was the OCD guy.
    --WildHorses

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Warm View Post
    Ya know, it's kinda strange. In my relationship with an INFP, I was the messy one and he was the OCD guy.
    I can come across OCD when I'm in the act of cleaning, but I'm more messy than most people seem to like.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFJ

I can come across OCD when I'm in the act of cleaning, but I'm more messy than most people seem to like.
    Well, he didn't like to clean the house in general, but his things were kept in a certain order and he knew if anyone so much as bumped into something.
    --WildHorses

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

You're too funny Warm!

Okie dokie though, question for my fellow ISFJs: How stereotypical of an ISFJ are you? Do you match the stereotype well or, if not, how much do you think you deviate from it?
    Well, I'm very loyal, sensitive, clingy, predictable, hate conflict, and socially/politically conservative. I'm not regimented, a prude, unadventurous, boring, incapable of having original thoughts/ideas, and inflexible.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    fine... I'll give you another question

why do IxFJs (my isfj mom and infj sis BOTH do this!) cry at the ends of happy movies? I don't get it... it's happy! you should smile! When I said this I got informed that it's touching... this does not compute
    I do sometimes cry at the end of happy movies. I dunno, I guess I feel moved in a happy way and cry tears of joy. Emotion is emotion and it sometimes overwhelms me.

Yes. I don't have a problem with this at all so long as I never have to go in there.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Warm View Post

Portrait of an ISFJ

This is pretty accurate except that I'm not all that great with decorating. My sister is ALWAYS after me about "prettying up" my home with decoration so that it is more inviting. *shrugs* Also, I'm a bit messy.

Then there is the whole depression thing. Um, no. I don't get in a funk and feel like I can't do anything right if I don't get positive feedback. Instead, I'll either step up my game or congratulate myself because I know I did a good job.
    Do you think this is true:

SFJs learn best by doing, rather than by reading about something in a book, or applying theory. For this reason, they are not likely to be found in fields which require a lot of conceptual analysis or theory. They value practical application. Traditional methods of higher education, which require a lot of theorizing and abstraction, are likely to be a chore for the ISFJ. The ISFJ learns a task best by being shown its practical application.
    ?

it seems to me that there's a lot of ISFJs in my classes, and I'm doing a masters in actuarial science, there's quite a lot of theorethical stuff to learn
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Do you think this is true:

?

it seems to me that there's a lot of ISFJs in my classes, and I'm doing a masters in actuarial science, there's quite a lot of theorethical stuff to learn
    Lots of ISFJs like to do Maths and Accounting. I know I do. Probably because it follows patterns.