User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Default SJ's and Procrastination

Do you procrastinate often?

Become more sensitive because of it thus the cycle continues?

What do you do to combat it?

I wrote more but deleted it as insignificant. Seems to be the word of the day.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Yeah I'm a big procrastinator.

I actually started to make deadlines today.

MBTI
    INTJ

As we speak.

And I hate it because I become more restrictive as the deadline gets closer.

The solution is a work in progress. I just have to force myself to stay focused.

Although I must say my best work is done when the pressure's on.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Two
    Socionics
    ESI

I do not do my best work when I do it very far in advance, neither when I am pushed for time. I do my best work when I feel the pressure, but have enough time to formulate a proper plan. In school, I often gather my research materials very early and then wait until I have about a week to go to finally pound out a paper. I still am under pressure but also have time to go over and fix things if I need to. Doesn't always work. I still often leave things until the last minute. Knowing that I at least have things under control alleviates alot of stress.
    "That's life. If nothing else, its life. It's real, and sometimes it fuckin' hurts, but it's sort of all we have."
    -Garden State

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Little Laura View Post
    I do not do my best work when I do it very far in advance, neither when I am pushed for time. I do my best work when I feel the pressure, but have enough time to formulate a proper plan. In school, I often gather my research materials very early and then wait until I have about a week to go to finally pound out a paper. I still am under pressure but also have time to go over and fix things if I need to. Doesn't always work. I still often leave things until the last minute. Knowing that I at least have things under control alleviates alot of stress.
    I like how she puts this. I'm the same. I usually start off very zealous, and finish that way, but can't pace myself if my life depends on it. Like she says, sometimes my finish isn't as strong, but it's never a total loss.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

My parents are always on my back about my time management skills and (in regards to school projects) tease me often about "burning the midnight oil". I'm a big procrastinator, especially if it's something I have no interest in doing. I'll easily put a project off until the night before if it means I can have a lot of fun doing things that I enjoy in the meantime. I find that working on stuff I don't like/have no interest in really drains me emotionally. Does anyone else get like that?
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am procrastinating an awful lot at the moment .. Only because i am not sure where i am going or what i am doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    I'll easily put a project off until the night before if it means I can have a lot of fun doing things that I enjoy in the meantime. I find that working on stuff I don't like/have no interest in really drains me emotionally. Does anyone else get like that?
    I wish i was still in school (life was easier then ). With me if i start something of interest, i quit when i get bored and find something else of interest, then get bored again, lol (It's not funny but i have to laugh).

If i do something that does not interest me, i don't drain emotionally but definitely mentally .. I need continuous mental stimulation.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Between work being so damn busy, I did not post a team thread last week for my Team (Team 8--GO Crazy Eights!!) of the Mileage Game. This weeks has been just as busy, but right now I am really thinking of going for a run, which would make it my first double ever or doing my team post. I think I will do my team post tomorrow. My team mates will understand a double getting in the way. Looks like I will make the kids something to eat and then go off for a small run (maybe.)
    alvin

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    My parents are always on my back about my time management skills and (in regards to school projects) tease me often about "burning the midnight oil". I'm a big procrastinator, especially if it's something I have no interest in doing. I'll easily put a project off until the night before if it means I can have a lot of fun doing things that I enjoy in the meantime. I find that working on stuff I don't like/have no interest in really drains me emotionally. Does anyone else get like that?
    I don't know if it drains me emotionally (maybe it does? haven't thought about it), but I really hate it. The only times I procrastinate are when I don't want to do something. If I have a huge deadline, but I really WANT to be working on the thing that's due, then I'll do it right away and won't procrastinate. But if I hate it, I'll have a hedonistic moment (or two, or five) and pick pleasure over pain...
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

I will only post-pone work if i sense that i am unable to due it effectively at the moment. However the more familiar i am with the work at hand, the more systematic and thoroughly it is conducted. I don't like to deal with new things unless i have a fairly good grasp of it.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."