• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ's and Procrastination

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Do you procrastinate often?

Become more sensitive because of it thus the cycle continues?

What do you do to combat it?

I wrote more but deleted it as insignificant. Seems to be the word of the day. :huh:

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah I'm a big procrastinator.

I actually started to make deadlines today.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
As we speak.

And I hate it because I become more restrictive as the deadline gets closer.

The solution is a work in progress. I just have to force myself to stay focused.

Although I must say my best work is done when the pressure's on.

Little Laura

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Two
I do not do my best work when I do it very far in advance, neither when I am pushed for time. I do my best work when I feel the pressure, but have enough time to formulate a proper plan. In school, I often gather my research materials very early and then wait until I have about a week to go to finally pound out a paper. I still am under pressure but also have time to go over and fix things if I need to. Doesn't always work. I still often leave things until the last minute. Knowing that I at least have things under control alleviates alot of stress.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I do not do my best work when I do it very far in advance, neither when I am pushed for time. I do my best work when I feel the pressure, but have enough time to formulate a proper plan. In school, I often gather my research materials very early and then wait until I have about a week to go to finally pound out a paper. I still am under pressure but also have time to go over and fix things if I need to. Doesn't always work. I still often leave things until the last minute. Knowing that I at least have things under control alleviates alot of stress.

I like how she puts this. I'm the same. I usually start off very zealous, and finish that way, but can't pace myself if my life depends on it. Like she says, sometimes my finish isn't as strong, but it's never a total loss.

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
My parents are always on my back about my time management skills and (in regards to school projects) tease me often about "burning the midnight oil". :laugh: I'm a big procrastinator, especially if it's something I have no interest in doing. I'll easily put a project off until the night before if it means I can have a lot of fun doing things that I enjoy in the meantime. I find that working on stuff I don't like/have no interest in really drains me emotionally. Does anyone else get like that?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am procrastinating an awful lot at the moment .. Only because i am not sure where i am going or what i am doing.

I'll easily put a project off until the night before if it means I can have a lot of fun doing things that I enjoy in the meantime. I find that working on stuff I don't like/have no interest in really drains me emotionally. Does anyone else get like that?

I wish i was still in school (life was easier then :blush:). With me if i start something of interest, i quit when i get bored and find something else of interest, then get bored again, lol (It's not funny but i have to laugh).

If i do something that does not interest me, i don't drain emotionally but definitely mentally .. I need continuous mental stimulation.

alvin123

Between work being so damn busy, I did not post a team thread last week for my Team (Team 8--GO Crazy Eights!!) of the Mileage Game. This weeks has been just as busy, but right now I am really thinking of going for a run, which would make it my first double ever or doing my team post. I think I will do my team post tomorrow. My team mates will understand a double getting in the way. Looks like I will make the kids something to eat and then go off for a small run (maybe.)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My parents are always on my back about my time management skills and (in regards to school projects) tease me often about "burning the midnight oil". :laugh: I'm a big procrastinator, especially if it's something I have no interest in doing. I'll easily put a project off until the night before if it means I can have a lot of fun doing things that I enjoy in the meantime. I find that working on stuff I don't like/have no interest in really drains me emotionally. Does anyone else get like that?
I don't know if it drains me emotionally (maybe it does? haven't thought about it), but I really hate it. The only times I procrastinate are when I don't want to do something. If I have a huge deadline, but I really WANT to be working on the thing that's due, then I'll do it right away and won't procrastinate. But if I hate it, I'll have a hedonistic moment (or two, or five) and pick pleasure over pain...

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
I will only post-pone work if i sense that i am unable to due it effectively at the moment. However the more familiar i am with the work at hand, the more systematic and thoroughly it is conducted. I don't like to deal with new things unless i have a fairly good grasp of it.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Do you procrastinate often?

Only when it's just for me. I don't worry that much about schoolwork deadlines (until the last night. :D), but I do worry about my work when someone else is involved... so when work becomes duty-like.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Do SJs find they do their best work when they're pressed for time?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Only when it's just for me. I don't worry that much about schoolwork deadlines (until the last night. :D), but I do worry about my work when someone else is involved... so when work becomes duty-like.

(I'm not SJ but that's how I operate, too)

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ

Yes, this might have been said already but something that kills me is that I have seriously long periods of indecision, and it's not until my back's against the wall that I all of sudden figure it all out, and the end product is GREAT!

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
(I'm not SJ but that's how I operate, too)

LOL I like how you had to put that "I'm not SJ". That's like a guy who's not gay saying "I'm not gay, or anything" before admitting he likes some gayish thing. LOL

We SJs know our type when we see them. You are safe. LOL

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9

This is most often true. Like this week... :D I had an exam today, and I spent only the last week of the month reading. But I read several hours each day... something like 10 hours! :D I almost completely neglected everything else in my life for a week so that I can read. :D

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
This is most often true. Like this week... :D I had an exam today, and I spent only the last week of the month reading. But I read several hours each day... something like 10 hours! :D I almost completely neglected everything else in my life for a week so that I can read. :D

My ex never admitted that but I'm sure that pissed her off when I would disappear for weekends for big presentations I had. Not a good thing and I'm getting better at it, but depending on how crucial the thing is, I can shut everyone out to get something done.