User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Default SJ's and driving

I have took this thread from the NT forum

SJ's like rules and such.

However when it comes to driving, are you safe and follow all rules of the road or can rules be slightly bent to satisfy your needs?

Had any near misses or wrecked your car??

I'll reply later.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Yes. An SJ woman i know thrives on breaking traffic rules, even to the point of switching her car's plate numbers, in order to hasten the speed of her transportation. She's a very reckless driver too.
    A search for truth is a search for a greedy perspective.

Nah, that's not truth. That's just your bullshit ideas of truth. Truth is always inclusive. If it's not inclusive, then toughen it up and try harder.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Not particularly. I speed and I have a DUI on my record. I DO, however, use the basic safety rules/etiquette on the road, and I am quite good at the skills of highway driving, parallel parking, etc. I let people get out of parking lots, I use my turn signals for every turn and lane change, and I don't eat or or talk on my cell or do anything else distracting that in my car (swigging from a bottle of water and occasional change of the radio station is all that I will do). I used to smoke cigarettes and flick the butts out of the window, too.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I don't think that SJ's should be allowed to drive.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Yeah, my license is actually suspended right now. I've totaled my truck before, and I've gotten my share of tickets.

MBTI
    ISTP

SJs are pretty aggressive drivers (assuming they've been driving for a long time, they think they're all that), but they do get into accidents when something unexpected happens, ex: the car in front of them breaks suddenly, they don't react fast enough.Then they start flinging mud and start casting blaming everybody.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    SJs are pretty aggressive drivers (assuming they've been driving for a long time, they think they're all that), but they do get into accidents when something unexpected happens, ex: the car in front of them breaks suddenly, they don't react fast enough.Then they start flinging mud and start casting blaming everybody.

Way to project your incorrect assessment on the whole group.

I don't know what happened to my post when the board went down earlier today, but there was a post here earlier that I think Beat made about that pervasive stereotype of SJs.

I don't drive reckless; I don't follow every road rule, turn my signal for each lane change, completely stop at all stop signs, in Philly we live by the late yellow rule, but I will say that I don't do these things if others are around. I don't blast people if they don't exactly follow the rules either, as long as they are not putting others in danger.

Rainne- I don't drive agressively. I give people space, because I hate having to hit my breaks hard if they do suddenly. There are a lot of nutty drivers out there, and I give them their space. I try to let them go ahead of me instead of behind me that way if they do crash into someone it's not me.

The thing that does scare me are texting while driving. I'm guilty of it so I'm not saying I'm truly guilt free. I'm reminded of this nasty email that I got of some guy's tore torso that came out of a wreck. He allegedly was texting while driving.

MBTI
    ISFJ

The only rule that I bend and feel like could or ever should be bent is speeding. Especially on the interstate. Other than that I use my blinkers when changing lanes and making turns, I go when the light turns green and stop when it's red, I stay to the right if I'm going slower, and I expect the same from everyone else. You can't use typology as an excuse to be a total jackass on the road.

Seriously, if the like 3 things I mentioned up there are too difficult for you, you probably need to reevaluate your decision to get behind the wheel of a 4000 lb. machine.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

My mom was an SJ. She wasn't an agressive driver, but had her own rule for speeding. 7 miles per hour over is all she'd do, and it was her rule. She always followed her rule by driving 7 mph over...no exceptions.

Mom also had an interesting habit of touching up her make-up at highway cruising speeds.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    SJ's like rules and such.

However when it comes to driving, are you safe and follow all rules of the road or can rules be slightly bent to satisfy your needs?
    I wonder what the responses would be if this question was posed to SJ males only, with the responses divided into two groups: those who are 29 and under and those who are 30 and older. (Since accidental motor vehicle death is highest among young men.) I wonder if there is any significant correlation between testosterone level and how it affects the male SJ mind and/or decision making process?