• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ's and driving

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
Right, so. Just finished my second classroom lesson this morning, I start the in-car lessons Monday.

Eeep!². :shock:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Oh darling .. Don't stress over it .. It'll be fine :hug:

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
Thanks :) :hug: I'm sure it will once I'm actually behind the wheel.
But until then?
@_@

:laugh: I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes. =^_^=

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
My fiance actually said he didn't mind driving with me, it was a thousand times better than being in a car with his ex! I don't speed too bad... I quite like having low car insurance! I even slow down for yellow lights instead of trying to speed up to beat the red light... Irritates people behind me to no end that I do that! Now when I was back in my teens I'd of floored it to make it through... I'm much more laid back now. The only time I'm a bad driver is if I'm really ticked off or in a rotten mood.

I did have a near miss that likely would have totaled my car out... So, uh, I no longer touch my phone while driving unless I am sitting at a red light.

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't currently have a car, instead I rely on public transport and my bike. There are times that I miss having a car, and there are times that I don't. *shrug*

I've had my license for twelve years and have driven on a regular basis maybe six of those years. I've got a nearly perfect driving record (as I mentioned on another thread, there's a ticket on my record for a burnt-out headlight :steam:). I have been in maybe four fender benders the entire time I've had my license, but nothing serious enough to even warrant an insurance claim. I am kind of an indecisive driver, which I suppose is irritating to everyone else on the road. I rarely speed, though (mostly b/c I'm terrified of getting a speeding ticket)-- I generally keep to within 5 mph of the speed limit. I'm kind of a granny driver. :nerd:

In my experience you people have very clean cars.
:happy2: When I owned a car, I never washed it, but there were also never piles of shit and trash all over the inside, either. People would think it was OK to leave trash in my car b/c it was a beater and I wanted to :azdaja:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am kind of an indecisive driver, which I suppose is irritating to everyone else on the road. I rarely speed, though (mostly b/c I'm terrified of getting a speeding ticket)-- I generally keep to within 5 mph of the speed limit.
Same here. I'm a very recent (but good, so I'm told) driver, and I'm so insecure about my knowledge of the "rules of the road" that every time I hear a siren, I panic and think they're pulling me over. I just want to be a perfect driver... is that too much to ask? :laugh:

The siren fear came from an incident a couple of weeks ago - I pulled over, and the cop car went right past me... :confused: Nonetheless, it got me paranoid.

coconut

MBTI Type
INTJ
Pretty tree .. Tyres feel light on the road .. That client was a bitch .. I am hungry .. Nice ass .. Cool car .. Oh, camera ahead .. Go over the mini roundabout as opposed to round it .. Smile to myself as remembered nice moment .. Check mirrors to check for police car .. I can get in that space .. Oh, it's raining .. What's the engine doing right now ..

I can get lost in my thoughts .. Driving is very relaxing, i find.

I've been meaning to ask what kinds of things ISTJ's think about when they're in their own world.

The ISTJ I know is pretty picky about obeying all traffic rules. He's the only person I know who will come to a complete stop (rather than a rolling stop) at an intersection when there's no one in sight, not a car around for miles. Because that's The Law. And he's very indignant with self-righteous irritation when cars pass him, because they should be going the speed limit, like he is.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
I've been meaning to ask what kinds of things ISTJ's think about when they're in their own world.

The ISTJ I know is pretty picky about obeying all traffic rules. He's the only person I know who will come to a complete stop (rather than a rolling stop) at an intersection when there's no one in sight, not a car around for miles. Because that's The Law. And he's very indignant with self-righteous irritation when cars pass him, because they should be going the speed limit, like he is.

LOL

i personally do the most half-assed stops

coconut

MBTI Type
INTJ
But probably I have to get the license if I'm to have a family... you can't carry your family on a bicycle. :(

I recently saw some guy's blog where he posted pictures of people with kids on their bikes and it's not uncommon to see three or four on a bike; I thought it was Finland, or somewhere in that area of the world. Denmark, maybe?

jazzyidahovandal

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I follow the rules for the most part, especially in town. Personally, I hate to drive because of other people on the road. I don't text and drive, talk on the phone, or fiddle with the radio much.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ

Life is too short to obey all the rules .. What's complete stop?

Well i've sold my car .. Deep down i know it was the right thing to do, on the surface though, i'm gutted .. I enjoyed driving .. Maybe i've just saved my life (for a few years at least) :D
Lol

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
Omg guys.
I take my G2 exam tomorrow!
:laugh:
@_@
*flail*

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can do it!

(Full disclosure? I failed my drivers' test the first time I took it. When you make a left turn, turn into the centermost lane, not the further lane, no matter where you'd like to end up. :dont:)

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
Thank you :)
I'll do my best and keep your advice in mind. Hopefully this time tomorrow we can celebrate. :laugh:

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
You can do it!

(Full disclosure? I failed my drivers' test the first time I took it. When you make a left turn, turn into the centermost lane, not the further lane, no matter where you'd like to end up. :dont:)[/QUOTE]

:huh:

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
I GOT MY G2!!!
:static: :static: :static: :static: :static: :static:

:party2:

:cheers:

Just want to thank everyone for your kind words, well-wishes and support :)
AWESOME!

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I'm an awful driver. I've been in 3 very serious car accidents. (Not all my fault >_>). Because of those accidents, I'm very timid about driving and am very cautious. I don't really speed or break traffic laws - bit it's not out of some ISTJ sense of morality. I'm just worried about other drivers making stupid moves and hitting me.

Here, have a sample of my handiwork:
picture003on.jpg

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
^^ Ouchies... The worst damage I ever did was when I was being really stupid... I just thank god I didn't hit anyone else...

DSC00168.jpg

And by stupid... I mean I was drunk and someone had slipped me a roofie. I passed out while driving.