• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Question time for all SJ's 2.0!

Lisa*Lisa

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
-If you could appear on any game show as a contestant, which would you choose? (If you chose The Price is Right, which mini-game would you like to play?)

-What is your single best quality? What is a thorn in your side?

-Do you have a life-long interest or passion? Or do you find your interests changing fairly frequently?

-How do you handle traumatic news? Say (God forbid) a loved one passed away unexpectedly. What or would be your thought process? How long does it take you to grasp the reality of the situation?

-Similar to the question above, how did you deal/react to the September 11th attacks? (I'd like to hear from non-Americans, too.)

-Are you afraid of heights?

-What about roller coasters?

-Are you sentimental? If yes, what makes you feel sentimental? What usually triggers it? By seeing something concrete (ticket stubs, yearbook) or remembering or reliving an event in your life? For example: the hospital ID band from when my son was born. My friend had a baby, and I was reliving the emotions I felt after delivery which caused me to seek out the band. (The abstract thought led to the concrete item.) After seeing the band, it triggered sentimental feelings in my husband. (The concrete item led to abstract thought.) Okay, that's kind of a weird and rambly question- it's fine if you don't answer it.

-Is it easy for you to remember numbers (statistics, phone numbers) and names with faces? Or is one easier than the other?

-If you could have dinner with any three people, living or dead, who would they be and why? (Cliched I know...)

-Thoughts on regrets: Do you have quite a few of them? Easily accept them as a part of life? Make decisions by trying to have as few as possible?

-Do you belong to any organization that has a formal membership? (“I'm a card carrying...”)

-If you could have any super power, which one would you choose?

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
-If you could appear on any game show as a contestant, which would you choose? (If you chose The Price is Right, which mini-game would you like to play?)
I´ll pass to that one.

Best quality: fairness. Thorn in my side: bluntness. I´m not for sugar-coating my opinions.

-Do you have a life-long interest or passion? Or do you find your interests changing fairly frequently?
My lifelong interests are: aesthetics, videogames, arts and Formula 1. Since I was a kid. They don´t change. Instead, I find new subjects of interest which I add to the list as I discover them.

-How do you handle traumatic news? Say (God forbid) a loved one passed away unexpectedly. What or would be your thought process? How long does it take you to grasp the reality of the situation?
I grasp reality immediately. And I work towards not letting negative emotions take over, in order to save my mental health.

-Similar to the question above, how did you deal/react to the September 11th attacks? (I'd like to hear from non-Americans, too.)
Non-American here. My first reaction was a deep grief for all the lives lost. But, as the hours passed, I started to think about and analyze the political implications to it.

No.

Hate them because of my high blood pressure. The only time I rode one I tought I was dying.

-Are you sentimental? If yes, what makes you feel sentimental? What usually triggers it? By seeing something concrete (ticket stubs, yearbook) or remembering or reliving an event in your life? For example: the hospital ID band from when my son was born. My friend had a baby, and I was reliving the emotions I felt after delivery which caused me to seek out the band. (The abstract thought led to the concrete item.) After seeing the band, it triggered sentimental feelings in my husband. (The concrete item led to abstract thought.) Okay, that's kind of a weird and rambly question- it's fine if you don't answer it.
I´m not sentimental at all. I can hear people close to me saying that I have no feelings, or never lived "special things" in my life.

-Is it easy for you to remember numbers (statistics, phone numbers) and names with faces? Or is one easier than the other?
Numbers are much easier.

-If you could have dinner with any three people, living or dead, who would they be and why? (Cliched I know...)
Queen Elizabeth II, Abraham Lincoln, and Winston Churchill.

-Thoughts on regrets: Do you have quite a few of them? Easily accept them as a part of life? Make decisions by trying to have as few as possible?
No, I don´t look back.

-Do you belong to any organization that has a formal membership? (“I'm a card carrying...”)
No.

Invisibility.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ

Ninja warrior .. Total Wipeout .. I would like to go on Univeristy Challenge but I'd suck.

Best - Empathy .. Worst - Emotions

I wish i could have an interest that lasted for more than 5 mins .. I am a scatter brain who procrastinates (A lot) so i fail before i've even started.
I enjoy watching documentaries, traveling and doing things with my hands.

Hard one .. Depends on the situation. I try to pull myself together as quickly as possible. I just internalise my feelings and make the most of the situation. Easier said than done though.

I was sitting in front of the TV doing my studies .. I watched with disbelief, couldn't believe my eyes. What saddened me was those people were trapped and throwing themselves off the building whilst their loved ones were watching at home .. The pain had a ripple effect which the living had to deal with long after their loved ones had died .. What a waste for some stupid statement .. I just wonder if the American government had a part to play in this so they could go to war .. I hope not.

No

Love them :D

I used to be incredibly sentimental .. I saved plane tickets, bus tickets, little notes me and my ex wrote to each other .. Then i threw them all when i moved. Now i am not sentimental. Things change.

Oh god yeah .. With numbers i concentrate on the pattern so with my old 16 digit account number, i would break it down into 4x4 patterns, i still know it :doh: Faces are easy, putting a name to them is a little harder ..

Freud .. Maybe he would diagnose me as being anal retentive .. I'd play with his head
Aristotle .. Seemed like a very smart man for his time.
Hitler .. Again would like to get into his head

I don't like regrets but of course i have a few. I am glad i have been given the opportunity to change some of those regrets and retry in a different manner. Of course they are part of life, they have made me who i am. No, decisions have multiple outcomes, you can assess the risk but ultimately you won't know until you try it out.

Nope

Ohhhhh .. I think i would choose morphing. Think mystique from X-men :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My answers:
Jeopardy, definitely.

1. There's no way I can choose. Ask anyone who knows me, and they'll give you a different answer.
2. See above.

Neither. I find an interest, and as I gain another one, I keep the old one, etc. etc. etc. Naturally, I have tons of interests now.

It doesn't sink in right away. The first thing I do is ask for the details, so I can have all the information in my head (e.g. about how the loved one died), and my next thought is "What now?" What are the implications of this? Now that this huge thing has happened, what's going to change, and what's going to stay the same?

I was just a kid then. First thought: "Oh my God!" Stunned disbelief. Just watching the images of the towers falling, letting it all sink in. Then I realized that my mom was crying. Second thought: "Whoever did this is going to pay for what they've done." I'm not joking there - imagine the little grade-school girl, cute and innocent, but bent on revenge. "My name is EJCC. You made my mother cry. Prepare to die." :laugh:

Depends. I'm a bit scared of them when they're very high and there's a decent chance that I could fall and die. So sitting in a plane doesn't count, but driving across a mountain pass does count, because one false turn of the wheel and I'd be dead. (Not that I'm scared in those situations - I'm just on edge.)

I HATE ROLLER COASTERS. :mad:

I'm not usually sentimental, but when I am, it has to be caused by a physical thing (e.g. a movie, a photo) that triggers a memory or causes me to empathize (which is rare for me). Two examples:
1. "That person's in a tough situation. I've been there too - I feel their pain."
2. "Oh, there's that photo from two years ago, of me and her. We were such good friends then..."

I think I'm better with numbers. But it depends on how interesting the numbers are, or how often I practice them (e.g. dialing a phone number over and over). But then again, I'll sometimes forget someone's name whom I've known for a decade... :doh:

I really don't like that question... and I hear it a lot. This is the thought process I always go through:
- Would I go to their time, or them to my time?
- Would they be all right with my communicating in a very different way from them, and wearing different clothes, etc?
- Why would they be at all interested in me? What do I matter for a famous person?
- Would they be obligated to answer my questions truthfully?
etc. etc. etc.
In other words, there are too many unknowns, and it's too implausible. Plus, in all honesty, I've never had an interest in talking to a famous person.

I regret things that I still find to be embarrassing. If I don't have a visceral reaction to those events when I remember them, then that means I'm "over" them, and they've helped me grow, so I don't regret them.

-Do you belong to any organization that has a formal membership? ("I'm a card carrying...")
Nope. I'm still in school.

Superhuman strength, without a doubt.

Last edited: