User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 15 of 15

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    While I disagree with the tone of your viewpoint, I can respect that it may be necessary to conduct yourself that way if your environment is prone to be cold, competitive, and untrustworthy.

    I have great interpersonal skills at work, because for the most part work is a place where there's less emphasis on the emotional aspect- meaning that it's at a level that I am comfortable dealing with. But I've also been fortunate to be with coworkers who were pretty cool and made it an overall enjoyable work experience.


    I made a female coworker cry before. That was wierd.
    Hello IZ,

    Thank you for your input. IZ, are you an ISTJ or an ENFP? No offense but I am asking because I don't see how an extrovert can really see my viewpoint. Thanks for respecting it though Maybe my behavior has nothing to do with being an ISTJ...

    Why did your female coworker cry?

  2. #12
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havah View Post
    Hello IZ,

    Thank you for your input. IZ, are you an ISTJ or an ENFP? No offense but I am asking because I don't see how an extrovert can really see my viewpoint. Thanks for respecting it though Maybe my behavior has nothing to do with being an ISTJ...

    Why did your female coworker cry?
    ISTJ.

    I have to change ENFP because that is driving people crazy.

    I think it has less to do with being I or ISTJ and being an agreeable person. I don't necessarily like small talk but I find it to be necessary and it's the gateway to bigger things once you are comfortabel with a person.

    I'm introverted but more so in the sense that I'm more likely to think before speaking and get drained after a while. I like people- they energize me.

    I made her cry because of my stress level and her not understanding, and her accent. It was annoying me. So I wasn't too nice in my tone with her. Not my proudest moment. I apologized and we are actually have a better relationship. I felt bad about what I did. She's a nice girl.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    ISTJ.

    I have to change ENFP because that is driving people crazy.

    I think it has less to do with being I or ISTJ and being an agreeable person. I don't necessarily like small talk but I find it to be necessary and it's the gateway to bigger things once you are comfortabel with a person.

    I'm introverted but more so in the sense that I'm more likely to think before speaking and get drained after a while. I like people- they energize me.

    I made her cry because of my stress level and her not understanding, and her accent. It was annoying me. So I wasn't too nice in my tone with her. Not my proudest moment. I apologized and we are actually have a better relationship. I felt bad about what I did. She's a nice girl.
    :yim_rolling_on_the_ (for your remark about her accent annoying you)

    I disagree with you when you say that it has to do with being agreeable person and not being introverted. What is being agreeable, anyway? Because to me, somebody who smiles and answers your greetings is agreeable enough. To the extraverted tyrants who expect me to act like them, an agreeable person is someone who makes them comfortable as per their criteria.
    When I talk about being introverted, I am not talking about taking some time for oneself sometimes. I am talking about being withdrawn to yourself, enjoying very much your own company and don't have the need of establishing relationships with everyone you meet. It doesn't mean you're an unpleasant person. I value and treasure my relationships because of the time and the care I put in choosing ppl I surround myself with, even in a work environment. What is wrong with that?

  4. #14
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havah View Post
    :yim_rolling_on_the_ (for your remark about her accent annoying you)

    I disagree with you when you say that it has to do with being agreeable person and not being introverted. What is being agreeable, anyway? Because to me, somebody who smiles and answers your greetings is agreeable enough. To the extraverted tyrants who expect me to act like them, an agreeable person is someone who makes them comfortable as per their criteria.
    When I talk about being introverted, I am not talking about taking some time for oneself sometimes. I am talking about being withdrawn to yourself, enjoying very much your own company and don't have the need of establishing relationships with everyone you meet. It doesn't mean you're an unpleasant person. I value and treasure my relationships because of the time and the care I put in choosing ppl I surround myself with, even in a work environment. What is wrong with that?
    Nothing is wrong with introversion, in itself. I agree. And I see where you are coming from overall. It's just the way it's written can be perceived as you feeling this way and it comes across in the way you interact with people. Like you know, you are talking to them but then you have this look of 'Hurry up and shut up" because you have no interest in interacting with them.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Nothing is wrong with introversion, in itself. I agree. And I see where you are coming from overall. It's just the way it's written can be perceived as you feeling this way and it comes across in the way you interact with people. Like you know, you are talking to them but then you have this look of 'Hurry up and shut up" because you have no interest in interacting with them.
    Trust me, I am in my 30s now, so I don't have the look anymore. I just remain quiet and listen. Ppl just infer my lack of interest in knowing them because I am more lively and chatty with the ppl I have more in common.

    I may be repeating myself but I won't go and try to force a conversation with someone I am not interested in or I know for sure we have nothing in common. If I see that person, I'll say hello and that's it. If the person needs an information or any kind of help, I'll propose my assistance but it doesn't mean that we'll be having coffee together the day after. Sometimes, not only ppl should take a step back before jumping to conclusions or stoning someone based on their perceptions, they should also take a hint. If you try to build a relationship with someone and the person expresses that he/she isn't interested, so be it.

Similar Threads

  1. What are y'all like at work, through the cognitive function lens?
    By 1104 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-05-2015, 09:31 PM
  2. [ISTJ] My fellow ISTJs - What's your enneagram type?
    By NewEra in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 11:03 AM
  3. [SP] What are your skills?
    By Bamboo in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 08:38 PM
  4. What are your political views?
    By Dufresne in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 08:08 AM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO