User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ

Default ISTJ - how are we perceived

I read the beginning of this thread:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ions-here.html

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    The more I get into TypoC, the more I see how grossly misunderstood my type is.
    What exactly is there to be misunderstood? What is the negative stigma about ISTJs?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think after being here awhile you may find that there are just a lot of nps who have a very different way of working than sj's....so if anything is expressed negatively...just try to see who is expressing it and why...it's just about an opposite approach...not worse...not better.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

In my experience, among other things I've encountered on the forum are: predictable, boring, too serious, blindly follow status quo and protocol, making us ideal for the military and such, little or no imagination or depth. Sometimes with implication of being borderline OCD.
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i think after being here awhile you may find that there are just a lot of nps who have a very different way of working than sj's....so if anything is expressed negatively...just try to see who is expressing it and why...it's just about an opposite approach...not worse...not better.
    hmmm... I get along really well NP's and prefer them over SJ's. My best friend is an NP so I'm interested in what these different approaches are and what exactly is the theoretical explanation (by jung?) behind this?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i get a long well with sjs too...don't think the differences are anything to prevent friendships from happening but we are very different and approach things differently...like for example...sjs tend to be completely capable of accessing a situation...doing whatever needs to be done and accepting the responsibility to do so...because it's just what you do....an np needs to genuinely care about the situation...feel inspired to do so...not because he should...not because someone else wants them to...and not because it's just what needs to be done

something like that...basically we're lazy as f*@k and you're not...haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

What I've experienced from STJs that bothers me the most is best described as dogmatism. My mother and husband are both STJs and I have found them both very difficult to compromise with. It's also hard for me to get explanations or justifications(?) for some of their actions, which leaves me with nothing to go by. Both of them can be very "because I said so"-ish, which is like hitting a brick wall. My best friend is an EXTJ though, and while she can also be that way with her family, she's never been that way with me, so we've never had a problem in more than 20 years.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i get a long well with sjs too...don't think the differences are anything to prevent friendships from happening but we are very different and approach things differently...like for example...sjs tend to be completely capable of accessing a situation...doing whatever needs to be done and accepting the responsibility to do so...because it's just what you do....an np needs to genuinely care about the situation...feel inspired to do so...not because he should...not because someone else wants them to...and not because it's just what needs to be done

something like that...basically we're lazy as f*@k and you're not...haha
    You're completely on the ball with this one. I'm usually the one on my friend's tail about getting stuff done in a timely manner.

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    What I've experienced from STJs that bothers me the most is best described as dogmatism. My mother and husband are both STJs and I have found them both very difficult to compromise with. It's also hard for me to get explanations or justifications(?) for some of their actions, which leaves me with nothing to go by. Both of them can be very "because I said so"-ish, which is like hitting a brick wall. My best friend is an EXTJ though, and while she can also be that way with her family, she's never been that way with me, so we've never had a problem in more than 20 years.
    Though in all honestly, STJs will always think that they are right and there's pretty much no reasoning with them. That's why I'm not too fond of them myself. However, BECAUSE they are "dogmatic" it's much easier to read them and understand what to do or what not to do around them. It's like they have a set of rules and if you follow them, you will get along. That's what makes STJs "easy" to get along with imo

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

right...you have an inherent respect for the rules...we do not...we make up the rules as we go along by judging things independently...we don't offer respect based on stature or roles...we base it on an action by action basis or something like that.
    -Jim Morrison

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by musebreak View Post
    What exactly is there to be misunderstood? What is the negative stigma about ISTJs?
    They are not misunderstood here. If anything, they are more understood.

We just aren't crazy about em' because we're a bunch on NPs here. That's why there's a negitive stigma, but it's not an inaccurate stigma.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    They are not misunderstood here. If anything, they are more understood.

We just aren't crazy about em' because we're a bunch on NPs here. That's why there's a negitive stigma, but it's not an inaccurate stigma.
    certainly not any different than a bunch of sjs discussing nps...not that they would really...but, you know.
    -Jim Morrison