User Tag List

First 123 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    certainly not any different than a bunch of sjs discussing nps...not that they would really...but, you know.
    Well, they kinda do. It's like when people from the Deep South discuss hippies.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by musebreak View Post
    It's like they have a set of rules and if you follow them, you will get along. That's what makes STJs "easy" to get along with imo
    That's been my experience with my husband and mother. So long as things are going according to their expectations and everyone is doing as they "should", life is relatively OK. Although, that perception, that everything is going "as it should", is rare.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Well, they kinda do. It's like when people from the Deep South discuss hippies.
    haha right...those damn hippies!!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Every type gets stereotyped- sometimes for fun, sometimes because someone has had a negative experience with a member of that type

For instance- ISTJs happily follow orders, they have no sense of humor and get wild kicks out of filing paperwork and doing their taxes

INTPs are nerds and the closest they're going to get to sex is looking up what sex IS on wikipedia

ENFPs spend their time congregating, worshiping crystals and smoking pot deep in the woods as long as they have the blessing of the earth mother to do so

ENTJs are ruthless tyrants, all of them have a secret plan for taking over the world and forcing all of the "weaker" types to be subjugated

ESTPs are drug addicted reckless hedonists with leather jackets and multiple tattoos- on weekends they cheat on their SOs and pretend to be Eval Kineval

and I could go on....
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

haha!! stereotypes are fun!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

^ indeed!

now get back to your incense burning and crystal worshipping hippy!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTJ

right...you have an inherent respect for the rules...we do not...we make up the rules as we go along by judging things independently...we don't offer respect based on stature or roles...we base it on an action by action basis or something like that.
    We have in an inherent nature for GOALS. We define goals and then go after them no matter the cost. Having well defined goals results in a deep respect for rules in order to complete out goals. My goal is to go into academia so I'm very aware/invested in my grades and also research. I could care less about "rules"..in fact, I love to break rules. I was working in a computer lab that was closed off to the public with my INTP friend. He didnt know about the lab being closed but I did. Security came in and told us that the lab was closed (but didnt tell us to leave). I wanted to stay and my friend got antsy about it. In reality, I dont follow rules, I bend them to fit my goals.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    They are not misunderstood here. If anything, they are more understood.

We just aren't crazy about em' because we're a bunch on NPs here. That's why there's a negitive stigma, but it's not an inaccurate stigma.
    Exactly, why do NPs dont like about SJs? I LOVE NPs way more than SJs. I only hang out with NPs and try to stay away from SJs as much as possible so you guys are making NPs look bad. Usually NPs arent judgmental about this crap and pretty much accept ppl for who they are so I would expect NPs to be the last types to say crap about another type.

certainly not any different than a bunch of sjs discussing nps...not that they would really...but, you know.
    What would an SJ say about an NP that's bad? This is all really interesting as I get along with NPs the best. Though SJs ARE the ones to say crap about other types so this one makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    That's been my experience with my husband and mother. So long as things are going according to their expectations and everyone is doing as they "should", life is relatively OK. Although, that perception, that everything is going "as it should", is rare.
    ISTJs usually look at the cup as half empty. When they assess a situation, they look at all the bad stuff that could go wrong, thus never enjoying life for what it is. We are also very serious people (thus the whole looking at life negatively kinda thing). When things go the way ISTJs want, the feeling of excitement and relaxation quickly goes away and becomes filled with "okay what else is wrong with this picture". I've spent many a nights feeling this way myself. I'm not a fan of it. Prevents me from enjoying all that life has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Every type gets stereotyped- sometimes for fun, sometimes because someone has had a negative experience with a member of that type

For instance- ISTJs happily follow orders, they have no sense of humor and get wild kicks out of filing paperwork and doing their taxes
    I did my taxes the day I got my W2. I did it because I just wanted it out of the way so I dont have to remind myself to do it later. It was so fun... I wish we did taxes every month! haha i kid i kid

Also, whats the sterotype for INFP? ISFP? and ISFJ?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

a lot of nps are accepting of people of all types...intps rarely like anybody haha so don't feel bad about that

and a group of sjs sitting around talking about nps...might say we're lazy, unrealistic, immature...not in touch with the real world and completely lacking in the life skills to do anything with our life...and they just wanna talk and think about life but expect everyone else to do their shit for them.

and about that constant need to "fix" stuff...yeah that must be tiresome...always needing a project...needing to have a goal to run yourself to the ground to achieve...admirable...but whew...exhausting.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTJ

a lot of nps are accepting of people of all types...intps rarely like anybody haha so don't feel bad about that

and a group of sjs sitting around talking about nps...might say we're lazy, unrealistic, immature...not in touch with the real world and completely lacking in the life skills to do anything with our life...and they just wanna talk and think about life but expect everyone else to do their shit for them.

and about that constant need to "fix" stuff...yeah that must be tiresome...always needing a project...needing to have a goal to run yourself to the ground to achieve...admirable...but whew...exhausting.
    My INTP friend is very nice and accepting of everyone. Never judges which is what my experience with NPs are. Honestly, everything you've said I WISH I HAD MORE OF. I take life too seriously, I'm a workaholic, too realistic, too judgmental and pretty much anything that makes life a burden rather than an enjoyment. It's really just in my nature as you said... but I am aware of it and how this effects others around me.

That's also the other thing. ISTJs LOVE the stress and the exhaustion all for the sake of our goal. We'd do everything and anything.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by musebreak View Post
    I did my taxes the day I got my W2. I did it because I just wanted it out of the way so I dont have to remind myself to do it later. It was so fun... I wish we did taxes every month! haha i kid i kid

Also, whats the sterotype for INFP? ISFP? and ISFJ?
    lol... my man is an istj, he's already done his taxes and my taxes, along with doing the office side of about 50 other people's taxes... he said it was less unpleasant than putting up with people's questions all day

you liked the stereotypes? I'll send you the rest in a bit