• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTP vs ISTJ realtionship

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Just curious how you guys find this relationship? I have an ISTJ good friend, but sometimes we can argue due to our stubbornness.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Yep, he has to be an ISTP, hence the spelling error that made it into the title. :)

kasabian

ISTJ + ISTP = relationship of similarity but disconnect has been my experience.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Ohhhhhhhhhhh

Like the exchange between Jixmixfix and Raz above.

Now I gotcha!

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why is it "versus?" Are they fighting?

When friends, I think they can humor each other. Usually doesn't turn into much more than joke-buddies with my ISTP friends, but I think they're cool.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I know 1 Confirmed ISTP one I'm estimating, and both are okay with me. They are a lot more laid back, but sometimes they can resemble an ISTJ's attitude.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Oh, I did that just for fun. ISTPs can tend to annoy me when they don't pay attention to the responsibilities around them. I can make ISTP friends easily, and when we're just having fun together, we can get along really well.

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
Of the two ISTJ's I know well:

My brother is ISTJ (I'm quite sure he used to be INFP as a kid though). I get along with him extremely well (you could probably count the number of quarrels we've had on one hand), the only real point of difference would probably be that he doesn't share my sporty/athletic/adventuresome qualities.

A close family friend is also ISTJ - fits the stereotype very well (a lot closer than my brother) - former auditor, very hard working, extremely organised, very strict and conservative with money (it has allowed him to retire at 50) and has an offbeat sense of humour that me and my brother's really appreciate. He does come across as very controlling over his wife (ESFJ) which I'm not a fan of, and needs to let loose and have a good time more often, but other than that I have a lot of respect for what he has achieved in life considering where he came from, and also the great deal of help he has given our family through a difficult patch.