• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTJs Explained By ISTJs: Post your questions here!

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Since I was an undergraduate in college I have been an active ally to the LGBT community. I have many friends of various sexual orientations and gender identities. And I also am bisexual.

I've always felt that people should be free to practice their sexuality in any way that they choose, as long as it does not harm another (unless they're into that sort of thing ;)).

I was beginning to think that there weren't even any LGBT SJs out there, yet alone an ISTJ. So yeah, you're that glimmer of hope I really needed :blushing:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I was beginning to think that there weren't even any LGBT SJs out there, yet alone an ISTJ. So yeah, you're that glimmer of hope I really needed :blushing:

Because sexual preference is in direct correlation with personality.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Go ahead and flex your Captain Obvious muscles that it's not, but then be in my shoes looking for one :blushing:

It's one thing to know that it shouldn't be related, but it's another to be trying to apply that theory to the real world and realizing that you can't find any LGBT SJs anywhere...

EDIT: Unless you weren't being sarcastic, and then I'm thoroughly confused :blink:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Go ahead and flex your Captain Obvious muscles that it's not, but then be in my shoes looking for one :blushing:

It's one thing to know that it shouldn't be related, but it's another to be trying to apply that theory to the real world and realizing that you can't find any LGBT SJs anywhere...

EDIT: Unless you weren't being sarcastic, and then I'm thoroughly confused :blink:

First one off the top of my head, my regional manager is very likely ESFJ, and is gay. I have a coworker that I'm having a hard time pegging xSFJ vs xSFP, and has introduced me to her "girlfriend" which....yeah.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9

Well, it should be really obvious that gays and girls are F, while men and lesbians are T.

H

Hate

Well, it should be really obvious that gays and girls are F, while men and lesbians are T.

Yeah, I agree, those F's are pretty gay. Would you be so kind as to show me the way of the 'T'

Nicodemus

mad-tea-party-4.jpg

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Good one........

But that's Ti. SJs love them some Te. What you got for that?!?!

H

Hate

Are you really ready, really ready, ready for some T? :devil:

Oh I can handle the 'T'..

But the question to be asked, young grasshopper, is not whether or not I am ready for 'T'... But whether or not you are ready for an 'OG'...

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Question: How well do you handle crying?

Both your own crying and when others cry?

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5

But the question to be asked, young grasshopper, is not whether or not I am ready for 'T'... But whether or not you are ready for an 'OG'...
IT'S A TRAP!

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ

I cried at my gmom's funeral this year........I think the overall 'sadness' of the occasion overwhelmed me. The whole time we were there, and I saw her lifeless body, it didn't affect me. But to see my sisters crying, my mom's reaction..it took me there.

Otherwise, I'm kind of fascinated with people crying.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ

East vs west, Pac vs biggie, OG vs T- I think it's of the same caliber LOL

Last edited:

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Woah...not well. Hehe, not terribly, it just makes me feel pretty awkward. I have sympathy, though, and if I care about you I'll try my best to "help out", however that works. Not totally adept at that, though.

I don't know about my own crying. Let's see, usually at that point, I'm frustrated and feel hopeless. It's not as if I feel ashamed about crying, I just feel alone/betrayed and don't want to be around most people. But then I end up trying to reach out to the right people, it seems, to bring me back to my good old self. :blush:

Srho

MBTI Type
INFX
I am interested in SJs, maybe more than other types. I just don't like physically communicating and interacting with them. I'll give you that, though, a lot of non-SJs (especially INFPs and INFJs) act like it's all them against the rest of the SJ world.

simpleamazement

MBTI Type
istj
Enneagram

I rarely cry in front of others. But I am comfortable crying alone. When I need to relieve some stress, I find a quiet place to be alone and let the tears flow. It's a great stress reliever. After a good cry, I feel really great, all the bad emotions are washed away.

As far as when others cry, I am usually comfortable when others cry. It doesn't bother me.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I am comfortable with crying alone and with people I am close to. I really don't like crying in front of people I am not close to.

I am also generally ok with other people crying and will listen, provide comfort if I can, etc. I tend to be uncomfortable with it if I dislike the other person or already generally have an uncomfortable relationship with them.

AutumnReverie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5

My own crying? - It's very rare that I'll cry in front of other people, almost always it's when I'm alone. Usually it's at some random moment when I'm just thinking about different things and need to cry to get it out of my system. It's also happened before that I've felt the urge to cry but had no idea why ~ I'm not too good at interpreting feelings (my own or others), so sometimes it surprises me that I want/need to cry at that moment.

When others cry? - It makes me feel uncomfortable because I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say or do. I end up very awkwardly patting them on the back or trying to say comforting things in a tone that I'm sure does not sound as "warm" as it could. I sympathize with them, I'll sit there and listen to them, but I'm just not a natural at "comforting" someone who is crying I guess. :mellow:

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess

I don't cry much. I think the last time I cried was 2+ years ago when my German Shepherd died. When I do cry, I do not like to cry in front of others. Generally I if I get the 'urge' to cry, I can suppress it long enough to get to somewhere private.

When other people cry I get kind of uncomfortable. I don't know what to do or say for them. Nor do I really want to have to do or say anything to help them. I kind of just get quiet, hopefully let someone else deal with the situation and comfort them if possible.