User Tag List

First 78910111959 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    Things I've kind of learned:

-I am surprised to see so many SJs not fitting in at school with friends. I always thought SJs were completely socially comfortable.
    Just wanted to emphasize this one again. SJs aren't always so socially comfortable (especially, one might claim, when it requires adapting).

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    Do you guys go crazy if you go over to INTPc? You should give it a shot. Face your demons SJs.
    I've read it a few times, but the structure is hard to navigate.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Okay, I need an explanation from my own people! LOL

How uncomfortable are you ISTJs with unfamiliar social situations? Because I'm not. There is some uneasiness, but not to the point I can't talk, and even make jokes and stuff. Is it the same for you?

MBTI
    ISTj

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post

How uncomfortable are you ISTJs with unfamiliar social situations?
    Very uncomfortable.
    "Knights had no meaning in this game. It wasn't a game for knights."

MBTI
    INTJ

How old are you ISTJs?

MBTI
    LoLz

How comfortable are you with emotional expression (from yourself and others)?

I'm not that uncomfortable with emotional expression. I just stop first to wonder if it's appropriate for the situation, but that's it. If I want to be like, "OMG AWESOME," no one's stopping me, not even myself. If I have a close friend and I'm 99.9% sure of our connection, I won't hesitate to reiterate to them how much they mean to me. I just want them to know the impact they have on my life by being there. I have an INFJ best friend that I was texting earlier today. I sent her 6-7 texts picking on her and teasing her, but at the end, I told her I really enjoy having her in my life because I don't have to censor myself around her.

What do you do in your spare time? What sort of hobbies do you have?

Uhh. Hobbies to me are like, model cars. I play video games, browse the net, watch stuff or listen to music. I've been obsessed with spec ops in Modern Warfare 2 lately. A good tactical game can pull me in in an instant. I've been doing the same 5 missions in MW2 the last 2 months. I just find different ways to do them to mess around. I get off on mastering something, then finding ways to add spice to it. The law of diminishing returns pisses me off.

In your personal opinion or experience, what is the greatest difference between you and xSFJs?

I won't hesitate to break a social rule if I don't see a logical reason to do it. I will analyze and scrutinize social ettiquette until I either don't do it or justify doing it to myself. I just refuse to be taken for a ride by FJs. I throw in Fi from time to time though, to stop and think about how what I say actually impacts a person's feelings and if it's a genuine impact or something superficial.

MBTI
    ISTj

How old are you ISTJs?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Are ISTJs frustrated by other ISTJs (or maybe just SJs) who are stubborn and resist change?
    in other words...

how do ISTJs go about challenging the structures of other ISTJs that are in conflict with their own ways of doing things?
    in other, other words...

For example...
    Given that ISTJs don't like change && They like what make sense to them, their own ways of doing things, and what is familiar to their already existing experiences, etc...
    so.. what happens when an ISTJ tries to bring change to a new environment because they think their way is better.. like say starting a new job somewhere and you think you know best because it worked best for you in the past and you see very strong flaws that you find extremely unacceptable

MBTI
    ISTJ

How uncomfortable are you ISTJs with unfamiliar social situations? Because I'm not. There is some uneasiness, but not to the point I can't talk, and even make jokes and stuff. Is it the same for you?
    It depends. If everyone else seems super comfortable then I might be quite uneasy, though only if nobody bothers to talk much or respond much to my conversation. If it's unfamiliar/uncomfortable for other people too then I tend to have a good time. This is probably due to being a third culture kid, though. I thrive in "different" social circumstances and in helping diffuse awkwardness, while having trouble with certain very basic-to-this-country events.

Are ISTJs frustrated by other ISTJs (or maybe just SJs) who are stubborn and resist change?
    LOL, yes. My oldest ISTJ brother can be like banging my head on a brick wall! He always does what he believes is right and he CANNOT bend if he thinks he's in danger of doing something at all "wrong" - i.e., he is not really capable of driving even 2 miles over the speed limit. He's a bit extreme, though. I have a younger ISTJ brother who is a lot more flexible. But it does sometimes makes me feel for other people dealing with my ISTJness!

how do ISTJs go about challenging the structures of other ISTJs that are in conflict with their own ways of doing things?
    Umm... *crickets* try to pursuade them logically, tell them they are not helping by being obstructive... you can always try, not saying it always works, though! My ENFP sister tends to try to guilt trip me even though she knows perfectly well that that NEVER works on me - it's just her natural mode of influencing. I can be bad, though - sometimes I will do a guilt trip on her, though usually in a joking manner. It's way too easy to make her feel sympathy for things and we tell her we're trying to get her a little more tough and cynical for being out in the big bad world!

age: Well, I'm a lady so I won't answer in too much detail. Say middle of 20s.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Plato

MBTI
    ISTj

This is probably due to being a third culture kid, though. I thrive in "different" social circumstances and in helping diffuse awkwardness, while having trouble with certain very basic-to-this-country events.
    I APPROVE. I am also a TCK. That's where a lot of my social problems lie. For example, when at a pary of international grad students, I have no trouble mingling. Put me in a party full of American undergrads and I am a wallflower.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I normally have some uneasiness at the beginning but not to a level where it hinders me from engaging. I search for openings for connection and talk, etc. and am happy when others are open. I'm not that shy actually. But if I feel the majority don't accept me, I don't try very hard to fight for acceptance and go quiet. Or if I feel I don't like the majority, I also don't try very hard to fit in. It's more to do with not seeing it worth the effort.
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves