The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    You'd probably have to analyze the interactions between you and the specific ExTJ's to answer that. It's hard to make blanket assessments about these things using a whole type.
    OK…
    Usually it's because I forget to do something or forget a fact. That is the only obvious thing…
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    http://www.discoveryourpersonality.c...sletter25.html

Posting this article about ISTJs under stress and ENFPs under stress.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP and I'm under stress! lol
    I seriously think I'm currently operating in ISTJ mode at the moment. I have no interest in socializing IRL at the moment- VERY not like me. I have gone into seclusion mode. I know this is temporary- but I feel DEEP INSIDE THE CAVE at the moment.

I'm normally extremely extroverted. I'm most definitely introverted right now. And loving it. No one dare try to pull me out to be life of the party right now. I might bite your hand! Hard!

I guess I need ISTJ love right now. I need you guys to tell me to shut up or welcome to our world. I dunno. Tell me something.
    Thanks.
    Your "problem" doesn't sound like a problem to me. Your plea falls on deaf ears!
    Welcome.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Your "problem" doesn't sound like a problem to me. Your plea falls on deaf ears!
    Welcome.
    So in other words- welcome to your introverted world?

Turns out- I had it wrong. ENFPs are NOT mirroring ISTJ traits under stress, rather they mimic INFJ traits. So I'm in the wrong place! (But can I still hang here?)
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Because we're robots. Just like you. Meat robots.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE

Question

In my experience (both off and online), ISTJs can be fairly forgiving and understanding BUT what is the limit to that for most or does that depend on the ISTJ; is it as individual as the person is? Do differences in cognitive functions matter? (What I mean is that I'm sure most ISTJs are Si dominant then Te secondary but say an ISTJ who is more balanced in Si-Te compared to an ISTJ who has a fair amount of preference of Si over Te are less likely to be "understanding/forgiving") Thoughts and opinions ISTJs!?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko Souma View Post
    In my experience (both off and online), ISTJs can be fairly forgiving and understanding BUT what is the limit to that for most or does that depend on the ISTJ; is it as individual as the person is? Do differences in cognitive functions matter? (What I mean is that I'm sure most ISTJs are Si dominant then Te secondary but say an ISTJ who is more balanced in Si-Te compared to an ISTJ who has a fair amount of preference of Si over Te are less likely to be "understanding/forgiving") Thoughts and opinions ISTJs!?
    I think it's as individual as the person is. So many factors go into this. For me, I think how forgiving and understanding I will be about a situation depends upon how much the situation actually impacts me.

Can you be more specific?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I think it's as individual as the person is. So many factors go into this. For me, I think how forgiving and understanding I will be about a situation depends upon how much the situation actually impacts me.

That statement feels a little cold to me, but it's still understandable...
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

Well I meant forgiveness in a "general" sense so to speak but mostly mild. Like for instance a joke gone bad, a friend tease that just rubbed you the wrong way, mild deception etc. See I am curious not on like some kind of "major life event" like a lover cheating on you or something or something that would be very hard or even impossible to forgive but just the "everyday" sort of things. How do ISTJs handle forgiveness there?

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko Souma View Post
    Well I meant forgiveness in a "general" sense so to speak but mostly mild. Like for instance a joke gone bad, a friend tease that just rubbed you the wrong way, mild deception etc. See I am curious not on like some kind of "major life event" like a lover cheating on you or something or something that would be very hard or even impossible to forgive but just the "everyday" sort of things. How do ISTJs handle forgiveness there?
    I personally can forgive a great deal, as long as nobody is hurt. Jokes gone bad aren't a big deal to me, as long as the person recognizes it. Like, rape jokes that make light of the act or the victim aren't funny, and if I call someone on one and they won't even think about it, I'm likely to decide they're an asshole. I'm also hard to offend through teasing, I actually enjoy that. There's a lot of banter like that at my job. Mild deception would depend on the deceiver's intent. I don't think I'd want to be friends with someone who consistently lied to me about things that matter... some people exaggerate for effect and that can be fun. So in short, I think I'm pretty forgiving, but I can imagine situations where people could say or do things that they might think aren't a big deal, yet these would make me write them out of my life completely.

Other ISTJs' mileage will vary.