User Tag List

First 21616970717273 Last

MBTI
    LoLz

My sense of humor is either hypocritical dry humor or geek type humor.

Like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jwggQdUQw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ5h-NSJeJc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVTbQcLwSyc

http://vimeo.com/15696193

Slapstick humor just falls dead on me. That's why I can't get into a lot of night-time sitcoms. They're all the same.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

This is one of my favorite parts from Monty Python's Flying Circus (45 episodes long comedy series).

[YOUTUBE="1k1ccguXiws"]Exploding Penguin[/YOUTUBE]
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    My sense of humor is either hypocritical dry humor or geek type humor.

Slapstick humor just falls dead on me. That's why I can't get into a lot of night-time sitcoms. They're all the same.
    I'm with you on the hypocritical dry humor/geek type humor, raz. I adore Community but I think The Big Bang Theory takes the cake! I dig sarcastic, witty, and dry humor. I can only take slapstick humor in minimal doses.

p/s: I think Abed is way awesome!

MBTI
    ESFJ

Question .. Has your persona ever been misconstrued as lazy?

I ask because i attended my eldest childs parents evening on Monday and was told this so quickly jumped to my kids defence to say he is incredibly laid back. Has this ever happened to you .. Or is my kid infact lazy :horor:

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Parsimony View Post
    The Big Bang Theory takes the cake!
    Agreed! I love that show. It's one of the few non-reality or competition shows I watch. I also like Family Guy, but sometimes it gets old. Dane Cook is also at the top of my list of humor. I like how his humor draws on the truth of life or exaggerated scenarios and is quite relatable.

MBTI
    INFP

Hi! I'm new to this forum and though it seems that there has been no new post as of lately, I would just like to ask all ISTJs out there, especially the MEN. How do you resist temptation? You know the one-night-stand type of temptation and the having-another-relationship-beside your SO type of temptation?

Women who are/were in a relationship with an ISTJ are also welcome to reply. Thank you in advance.

MBTI
    ISTJ

hi Judith, to be honest, and I know this is going to sound really boring, but I never put myself in those types of situations. One night stands and cheating have too much drama attached to them. I could never emotionally detach myself enough to engage in one of those scenarios.

As far as temptation in general, such as food that's bad for me, I can't resist unless I've given my word that I won't eat it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by judith mcnaught View Post
    Hi! I'm new to this forum and though it seems that there has been no new post as of lately, I would just like to ask all ISTJs out there, especially the MEN. How do you resist temptation? You know the one-night-stand type of temptation and the having-another-relationship-beside your SO type of temptation?

Women who are/were in a relationship with an ISTJ are also welcome to reply. Thank you in advance.

Honestly I suck at resisting temptation. LOL

One nighters could definitely happen, but dating 2 women at the same time? I can barely manage dating one. LOL

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by judith mcnaught View Post
    How do you resist temptation? You know the one-night-stand type of temptation and the having-another-relationship-beside your SO type of temptation?
    Never been a problem to me, since I don't flirt and women don't seek my company themselves. I'm way too serious when it comes to human relantionships, and won't chat or just hang out with people without a purpose. My work and hobbies are very men oriented and whenever I'd see other women is when I'm having double dates.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Saslou View Post
    Question .. Has your persona ever been misconstrued as lazy?

I ask because i attended my eldest childs parents evening on Monday and was told this so quickly jumped to my kids defence to say he is incredibly laid back. Has this ever happened to you .. Or is my kid infact lazy :horor:
    Are you sure you meant to post this on the ISTJ thing? We are not lazy... at all. Or laid back. So like, no, I've never been "misconstrued as lazy." I have, however, been misconstrued for controlling, intimidating, neat freak, OCD, ridiculously by the book, etc...