User Tag List

First 20606869707172 Last

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    ISTJs, what comedy movies/comedians would you say best reflects your style of humor?
    Monty Python movies tend to make me laugh the hardest. Holy Grail, Life of Brian, etc...

I rarely like comedians. I always liked Mitch Hedberg's stand-up, and lately Ive been interested in Joe Rogan's.

Im going to have to agree with IZthe411 about Family Guy, too. Fantastic.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

ISTJs, what comedy movies/comedians would you say best reflects your style of humor?
    You mean, if we were to describe the kind of humor we ourselves use when joking around with other people?
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Hate

Hmm, I guess the question could be interpreted like that, but it's not what I meant. Pretty much just how IZ and Patches answered. Although I'm actually curious about both now, could you also describe your style of humor you use when joking around with other people?

MBTI
    INTJ

Me- I don't miss too much...so I get the subtle humor. But that's not really 'funny'- I mean, I laugh, but I don't really use that much.
    Since that stuff to me is obvious, I like to take a more Ne based approach to things- a la family guy, just blowing things out of proportion, or focusing on an unlikely outcome. I don't like the forced humor either. I like playing on words sometimes, and with my ex we used to make up stories on people that we would see in the street. It was fun.

I guess growing up in a house with 8 varying and sometimes dominant personailties (ISTJ, ENTP, ISTP, ESTP, ENFP, ESFP etc) helped me develop as well.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

There's not too many comedy films that would make me laugh. Current series of spoof-movies are good example of awful humor that ain't even funny. I used to like Simpsons too, but nowadays the humor just doesn't cut it. Monty Python's the best!

I prefer witty humor, and plays on words. With friends I prefer crazy humor.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Comedians? I love Martin Lawrence, Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle. You ever see Daniel Tosh's show? Love it.

Family Guy and Cleveland show always have me rollin.
    Okay, so I see we're on the same page here. Those would be some of my top choices also. I've heard of Tosh's show, but I don't get that channel so I never got a chance to see it. I'll probably check it out on the internet now though to see how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Monty Python movies tend to make me laugh the hardest. Holy Grail, Life of Brian, etc...

I rarely like comedians. I always liked Mitch Hedberg's stand-up, and lately Ive been interested in Joe Rogan's.

Im going to have to agree with IZthe411 about Family Guy, too. Fantastic.
    I've never actually seen a Monty Python movie before, but now I'm curious to see what kind of humor it is. Joe Rogan kind of grew on me. I didn't really like him at first, but he has some pretty sharp humor. I've actually seen him in person at a comedy club down here in L.A.

So that's two for Family Guy thus far, nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    There's not too many comedy films that would make me laugh. Current series of spoof-movies are good example of awful humor that ain't even funny. I used to like Simpsons too, but nowadays the humor just doesn't cut it. Monty Python's the best!

I prefer witty humor, and plays on words. With friends I prefer crazy humor.
    And now that's two for Monty Python. I gotta check it out now.

*Another question for the ISTJs, Do you like to use a lot of sarcasm in your humor?

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Okay, so I see we're on the same page here. Those would be some of my top choices also. I've heard of Tosh's show, but I don't get that channel so I never got a chance to see it. I'll probably check it out on the internet now though to see how it is.
    I hate Daniel Tosh and I don't find him/his show amusing, tbh.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Hate

I saw a preview of his show before and he seemed a little annoying, but I never watched it so I'm not sure if my impression was accurate. I'm curious to see it now.

I also wanna see what Monty Python's all about. Which movie would you suggest I check out first?

MBTI
    INTJ

I have to check out this Python dude as well. That's not the first time his name has come up in SJ land.

I also wanna see what Monty Python's all about. Which movie would you suggest I check out first?
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail > Life of Brian > The Meaning of Life.