User Tag List

First 16566465666768 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    My paycheck makes it necessary to be there. It isn't my motivation. I have an ISTJ boss who feels that my paycheck is my motivation. I wish I could tell him directly that to motivate me, I need to WANT to be there.
    I feel the opposite. I don't rely on others to motivate me - I motivate myself. I feel bad - like I let myself down - for accepting money and not having done the best I can - that was the point of the earlier post. If I do the best I can, then I'm happy. If that best isn't good enough for a company I'd expect to lose the job. That decision is for a company's executives, or contracted customers to make. They live with their decisions, I live with myself. Again, not pontificating, just explaining how I feel.
    ...doesn't work or play well with others...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Oh, I've got one.

Homosexuality:

Thoughts? Opinions? Willingness to try?
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

MBTI
    INTJ

Personally it's 'no' for me. My beliefs are based on what the Bible says about it.

Additionally, it's not the person so much as the act that the Bible condones. So the person should still be treated in the same manner that I would treat anyone.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

You said to whatever that you folks are tight with the info - sometimes on purpose and sometimes not. Why is that? Have you consciously weighed out the benefits of disclosure against the drawbacks and decided it's not worth it mostly, or is it just your default?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Gay rights are actually very hot topic right now here in Finland. Some weeks ago there was a forum in TV with some influential people discussing whether gay couples should be allowed to have rights for adoption. Fundamentalistic views from a chairman of christian democrats led to mass flee from the church. I left the church for similar reasons some years ago.

So for me, I support full rights to gay people, since they are people just like the rest of us, and it's barbaric to limit their lives based on our dated collective moral values. I know some gay people, I've been hit by gay people and I've been to gay parties, but I'm totally non-gay.

And I prefer gay parties over non-gay parties because there's less macho men and chicks. There's less fighting and gays are less phony, because they know they are weird to begin with, so they are not afraid to embrace it.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    You said to whatever that you folks are tight with the info - sometimes on purpose and sometimes not. Why is that? Have you consciously weighed out the benefits of disclosure against the drawbacks and decided it's not worth it mostly, or is it just your default?
    It's default. In my experience, most of the time, I'm going to give you exactly what you asked for. So the more specific the question, the more specific the answer. That's my subconscious at work. Although, I have learned that, depending on the relationship, being more open is actually a better thing, like giving your girlfriend more than what her question appears to ask on the surface, so that it draws us closer. If you are some random person on the street, I'm going to be tight.

I've also realized that withholding info protects me from any feelings of vulnerability, especially if I'm not comfortable with the person or the situation. Since we are inf Ne users, If someone was to ask us a question, in the back of our minds we will wonder what the real meaning behind the quesion is, driving our Ne crazy. I see this all the time with my boss' boss. My boss is ISTP and is cool as crap. He confirms a lot of feelings I have about his ISTJ boss. Like I told him I don't feel comfortable talking to his boss about much because the vibe I get from him is that he's thinking I have some ulterior motive behind what I'm asking. And the ISTP confirmed it. So, with that ISTJ boss, it can never be that I'm asking for something because I'm interested in my own development. In his mind I'm trying to take his job.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Since we are inf Ne users, If someone was to ask us a question, in the back of our minds we will wonder what the real meaning behind the quesion is, driving our Ne crazy.
    Not me! I usually deliver the answer to whatever the question is. Lying rarely crosses my mind, or asking why am I being asked this question. A question deserves an answer.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    Oh, I've got one.

Homosexuality:

As long as others are happy with themselves and don't infringe on the rights of others then I have no opinion about what they do. As to willingness to try, the answer is no.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Personally, I don't disclose information if there is no purpose to do so. I don't deceive, but I will answer the question asked. e.g. There was a discussion at work near my desk among some about tv shows, and I was asked if I watch tv - I said no. When asked why I said I saw little point to it. Then I was what I did for fun. I replied "Nothing I'll talk about here." The conversation (and the group) then moved on. They didn't need to know what I did in my time away from the office.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    Oh, I've got one.

Homosexuality:

Since I was an undergraduate in college I have been an active ally to the LGBT community. I have many friends of various sexual orientations and gender identities. And I also am bisexual.

I've always felt that people should be free to practice their sexuality in any way that they choose, as long as it does not harm another (unless they're into that sort of thing ).

I, personally, am a very paranoid person - probably moreso than the average ISTJ. My aversion to disclosing personal information generally has to do with not knowing that the other person's motives are. In most cases, I gain nothing by disclosing information about myself. So why bother?

I actually had a conversation along the lines in Ventrilo, specifically on the subject of disclosing personal details online (mostly on the subject of social networking websites such as Facebook/Myspace). I'm alarmed at the amount of information people make public on Facebook. There are already websites up and running that are devoted to gathering your personal information. Every little bit that they can get their hands on. From your name, age, height, weight - to things such as you socioeconomic status and estimated annual income. I think as technology becomes more advanced and as things like facial recognition software become more common/advanced, the things people have put out about themselves on the internet are going to come back to haunt them. Every forum, every profile, every picture posted that can be traced back to an email account/your name will be collected. This information will be used by prospective employers, prospective clients, etc etc.

For many people they may not mind those details being very available and I've often heard people say "I have nothing to hide". I, personally, find it very unsettling.

Sorry... I think I just went off on an unrelated rant than didn't totally answer your question.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~