User Tag List

First 15556364656667 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    Others on the job around me seem to find it funny when I point out fallicies of assumptions. I guess they see it as sarcastic humor, but it isn't meant to be.
    I've heard, on a few occasions, that people don't know whether to take what I say seriously sometimes. I guess because my tone doesn't change much. So I can give a compliment to someone and they not know whether I was genuine or being a smart butt.

ISTJs, especially older ISTJs, how strong is your Fi and how important of a role does it play in deciding your goals?

One more question (and I'm sorry if it's a repeat!). What do ISTJs think of ISFJs?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I would say my Fi is pretty strong. There was a time when I spent a lot of effort to establish my personal values, what I think is true, why I think that, etc. and that groundwork is the basis for a lot of my decisions now and how I live. I think this is why apart from ISTJ I have tested as INFP, but I don't agree with that result because I think some of the responses in the test were overly weighted.

As for ISFJs, I only know one offline. And she is not very well and has problems, so I can't deduce anything general from her about what I think about all ISFJs in general. (I anyway don't think it is a good idea to look at people too much through MBTI.) For the sake of the question though, my personal experience with this ISFJ is that we do not really connect. Our styles of connecting with others seem to be very different and we don't have much in common, neither superficially nor in the way we think or react to things. She is a different generation from me though and also from a different culture, and as I said she has problems and is not well. I hear she was different when she was younger. I'm sure if I met some other ISFJs it would be really different, so I can't really answer the question I guess!
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    ISTJs, especially older ISTJs, how strong is your Fi and how important of a role does it play in deciding your goals?

One more question (and I'm sorry if it's a repeat!). What do ISTJs think of ISFJs?
    I'm still developing my Fi....I think. Or I'm still in the process of understanding its impact on my life.

I think my reliance on Si-Te for the majority of my life has resulted in me relying on it in most situations.

Recently, I've had some pretty profound revelations in my life. Seriously, This year has been a struggle. I broke up with my girlfriend in January. While I was disappointed that it didn't work out, I felt relieved. I mean, it felt good that we weren't together. That messed with my head for a minute, until I figured that the whole time we weren't working, but I was ignoring my Fi. Si-Te was saying "Everything you've put your mind to has worked! This will too!", and I stuck with it. All the while, my Fi was telling me that 'She's a great girl, but not for you!"

I remember when I was playing ball and that hit me- I mean it hit me like a ton of bricks. The answer was to break up with her......I was so shook up by it, that I couldn't concentrate for the rest of the game LOL. Again I tried to suppress it, but within a few more weeks we were broken up.

Secondly, I realized that while I am able to do the work I'm doing, I don't enjoy it. As much as I'm able to do audit- it sucks. I can get into details, but I don't enjoy the type of details we have to chase. Before I figured that out, I was miserable here at work. Si-Te told me that I was successful at my old job in audit, so this one should be a breeze. But I wasn't doing well, Not because I couldn't, but because I had no desire to put the effort into it. Fi was telling me that, but again I ignored her (For some reason I assign them genders -Fe, Fi, and Se are female; Ne, Ni and Si are masculine). Don't ask

Once I figured that out, I was miserable until I talked to my boss about it. It was like I couldn't fake it anymore. I felt vulnerable as ever, but he actually understood.

So that has taught me that I can't ignore my feelings- my values. They are very strong, and I cannot stifle them in the name of Si-Te.

I also do a lot a lot of public speaking. I was told recently that I am a very informative speaker, but lack feeling and am not connecting much with my female listeners, and some of the more feelings based men I guess. Since that's an important aspect in the message, it's important to have it. So I have to allow my Fi to influence what's shown on the outside.

2) I know a few ISFJs. My mom is one. She hasn't been tested, but she fits the type. She was very black in white in a lot of situations, things you should and should not do. I used to follow her advice without question, but as I got older I found some of it to be very paranoid. Understanding MBTI helped me understand her view on things better. She can be very judgemental sometimes. But that's my mom- she birthed me and took care of me and helped me be the fine man I am today LOL. So she can give her 2 cents. I'll consider it, but won't live and die by it.

A good friend of mines is an ISFJ. A dude. I've discussed him in a few threads on here. He's a nice guy, but is very rigid in a lot of matters. He's the guy who tells me I'm cold on stage. LOL. We get a long, but I think my Te and his Fe clash- in terms of how we handle situations. It's funny but sometimes he'll get hurt. Like the time he told me he loved me............he was actually not going to talk to me anymore because I didn't say it back. Dude I'm not your wife LOL. Chill.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Not trying to catch you in a lie. Just curious how you justify defining yourself as an ISTJ if you say yourself that you don't fit the core requirements. It's like saying "A cube must have 6 sides. Oh, and this other thing only has 5 sides but it's a cube anyway."

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that you prefer to focus on very important details and are less concerned with more minute details?

Fair enough. Carry on. I was just curious.
    You are correct. I saw I didn't reply to this.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    I've heard, on a few occasions, that people don't know whether to take what I say seriously sometimes. I guess because my tone doesn't change much. So I can give a compliment to someone and they not know whether I was genuine or being a smart butt.
    My tone doesn't change either. Nor my demeanor. Work is where I go to complete tasks and get paid for my efforts. I don't go to create friendships or engage others socially. Others seem offended by that. Perhaps their laughter is their coping skill, perhaps not. It is...interesting...however to see how much effort they put into something beyond the task at hand. I'm sure their perception is far different than mine, and that's what makes the world an interesting place.
    ...doesn't work or play well with others...

MBTI
    INTJ

My tone doesn't change either. Nor my demeanor. Work is where I go to complete tasks and get paid for my efforts. I don't go to create friendships or engage others socially. Others seem offended by that. Perhaps their laughter is their coping skill, perhaps not. It is...interesting...however to see how much effort they put into something beyond the task at hand. I'm sure their perception is far different than mine, and that's what makes the world an interesting place.
    Funny thing is, my day-to-day tasks are only the tip of the iceberg for me. I'd rather do that just well enough and be known for other things that constitute a leader and an overall contributor, than do my day-to-day with excellence and for nothing more.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Funny thing is, my day-to-day tasks are only the tip of the iceberg for me. I'd rather do that just well enough and be known for other things that constitute a leader and an overall contributor, than do my day-to-day with excellence and for nothing more.
    Although I can't relate to wanting to be known by anyone for anything, I do respect it in others. For me, work is simply a task, nothing more. How others feel about it doesn't affect my ability to perform the task, which I consider paramount to accepting a salary for my efforts.
    ...doesn't work or play well with others...

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Idris View Post
    My question is:

"Are ISTJ the norm of society?"
    No, xSFJ are. We just hang in for the ride. I think ISTJs are somewhat aware of what are the norms in society, so they can actually choose to follow the norms they are comfortable with, and make jest of the rest. I guess that's why we're so good with dry, day-to-day sense of humor.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INTJ

Although I can't relate to wanting to be known by anyone for anything, I do respect it in others. For me, work is simply a task, nothing more. How others feel about it doesn't affect my ability to perform the task, which I consider paramount to accepting a salary for my efforts.
    My paycheck makes it necessary to be there. It isn't my motivation. I have an ISTJ boss who feels that my paycheck is my motivation. I wish I could tell him directly that to motivate me, I need to WANT to be there.