User Tag List

First 14546263646566 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've been with my ISTJ for somewhere around 2 years and knew him for a while before that... we've had a HOUSE together for a year now and I STILL keep learning interesting little facts about him that I had previously not known... like learning this evening that he was in an independent film as a child... Is this Human Everlasting Gobstopper behavior a common thing (meaning it takes ages and ages to get to know all about you and go through all of the delicious layers of who you are)... or just some odd introvert trait?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    Ok... do ISTJs follow Norms of Society, or Norms of What They Know (Values [Fi], Family, Traditions....)
    My question is:

"Are ISTJ the norm of society?"

I dont see it as a matter of following, as much as, they are the source of norms.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I've been with my ISTJ for somewhere around 2 years and knew him for a while before that... we've had a HOUSE together for a year now and I STILL keep learning interesting little facts about him that I had previously not known... like learning this evening that he was in an independent film as a child... Is this Human Everlasting Gobstopper behavior a common thing (meaning it takes ages and ages to get to know all about you and go through all of the delicious layers of who you are)... or just some odd introvert trait?
    A lot of stuff is hard to come up in even the most off the wall conversation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I have an istj lawyer bud who rang me up in the middle of cooking dinner to say, "blah deblah blah berb lahbalablha", etc., which really put a smile on my face for some reason. Maybe he's learning to follow his own nose, possibly mimicking his other friends, but in any case, good signs tonight.

thinking of you

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    I have an istj lawyer bud who rang me up in the middle of cooking dinner to say, "blah deblah blah berb lahbalablha", etc., which really put a smile on my face for some reason. Maybe he's learning to follow his own nose, possibly mimicking his other friends, but in any case, good signs tonight.
    i've always found ISTJ's to be rather funny people. there are two people that make me laugh like no other: ones and INFJ and the other is an ISTJ. Si/Te combination makes for some great wit and silly humor.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    A mixture of both. I'd say more introverted, though.

It's likely that since there was no other situation or opportunity to divulge that info to you- it hasn't happened until now.

We are tight with the info, I will give you that. Sometimes it's on purpose, but most times it's not.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Idris View Post
    My question is:

"Are ISTJ the norm of society?"

I dont see it as a matter of following, as much as, they are the source of norms.
    I'd qualify what you have here- Baby boomer ISTJs are the source of norms. A lot of younger, Gen X/Y ISTJs aren't the norm. Maybe they respect it, but in a lot of ways don't outwardly support it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    Yeah we come around later in life- when we realize we don't have to be so serious all the time, and learn to care less about the little stuff. Well some of us. I know some people who are tightwads for life........

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    i've always found ISTJ's to be rather funny people. there are two people that make me laugh like no other: ones and INFJ and the other is an ISTJ. Si/Te combination makes for some great wit and silly humor.
    Some of us are...I think we can take jokes as well as we put them out. I really think the funniness is dependent on the calibration of their Si/Ne.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Others on the job around me seem to find it funny when I point out fallicies of assumptions. I guess they see it as sarcastic humor, but it isn't meant to be.
    ...doesn't work or play well with others...