User Tag List

First 949575859606169 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    If he´s not qualified, he´ll be demoted sooner or later. And I can use that chance to take charge.
    At first, I try to be my boss´ own boss, and prevent my institution or division from making a fool of itself. But, when it was not a "kill or be killed" situation, I didn´t interfere and, some higher-ups looked like complete idiots by proving their own incompetence. And was put in charge of some interesting things.

I don't think this happens fast enough. Some places, years on the job- loyalty in a sense will get you a promotion and keep you there.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    Yeah, we've tried...he's too stubborn.
    Hope things get better for you.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    I don't think this happens fast enough. Some places, years on the job- loyalty in a sense will get you a promotion and keep you there.
    Depends of the kind of mistake he makes. I´ve seen people who have been working here for decades being demoted.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    Depends of the kind of mistake he makes. I´ve seen people who have been working here for decades being demoted.
    I currently work in a place like that.... You are right.

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    Do I get the big paycheck whether or not the plan fails?
    You get what was agreed upon. The reason I ask is because an "on-board' person who favors what typists would say are typical of an ISTJ would be an excellent addition to any enterprise. Needed in so many areas. I just think an NT might not be as adept at expressing the details as a really strong SJ might like to see. Hell, thats what we want to pay you for.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    You get what was agreed upon. The reason I ask is because an "on-board' person who favors what typists would say are typical of an ISTJ would be an excellent addition to any enterprise. Needed in so many areas. I just think an NT might not be as adept at expressing the details as a really strong SJ might like to see. Hell, thats what we want to pay you for.
    Definitely something I've experienced, but most when with an xNTJ. When working with a planned out scenario, the NT is fantastic at focusing on moving forward, thinking conceptually, but the SJ is the one that will focus on the intricacies of the operation, how it works, why it works, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    Definitely something I've experienced, but most when with an xNTJ. When working with a planned out scenario, the NT is fantastic at focusing on moving forward, thinking conceptually, but the SJ is the one that will focus on the intricacies of the operation, how it works, why it works, etc.
    ^ See what I mean? Quite a formidable combination of capabilities

MBTI
    IXFJ

For other SJs (or whoever) -

How do you handle negative emotions? (sadness, anxiety, stress, etc.)

I've been in a bit of an emotional rut for the past week or so, that's why I'm asking. When I get these emotions, it's hard for me to get over them. I always end up thinking in the most negative ways instead of attempting to do things that make me happy. It's really unlike me to lose my motivation to do things and to find myself this unhappy.

What's worse is the feeling that I lack someone to talk to about my emotions. The only person I ever show my strong emotions to is my mother. I know it's bad holding things in, but I don't want people, even my friends, to see the more emotional side of me.

I would really appreciate some advice on ways to handle negative emotions. I really don't like to unload like this, even on the Internet, but I really don't know what else to do.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Hello,

I'm ISTJ also. I can also get in a rut when it comes to negative emotions. As for how to get out of it, this depends on exactly why you're feeling bad.

Generally though, for me anyway, having someone I trust and can talk to and generally having someone like that around as support, someone I know truly cares about me, helps a lot to keep me going until I've figured out the problem or ridden it through, etc.

As for my part, I don't know if it's the case for most ISTJs, but I'm pretty sensitive and my lows can be pretty low. I find that reminding myself of that helps because otherwise I can blow things up too much in my mind and make the problem feel bigger than it is. I also find I can take care of strong negative emotions better when I don't add more stress to myself. Like, I don't pressure myself to do “useful” things. I take a break.

Good luck!
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Hope things get better for you.
    Thanks

So far, things are looking up. He quit drinking cold turkey, which has been leaps and bounds of improvement in him, but sometimes he just acts like a 12 year old.