User Tag List

First 35434445464755 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

A slightly humorous question... male ISTJ's... are you gun collectors? And if so, in your free time do you enjoy polishing your gun's?

Another random: Are all ISTJ's good at remember lyrics to song's after only one listen?

And third: Would most people consider you to be pretty funny and witty? I only know one ISTJ, and he's one of the funniest guys to be around. Me and my friend's even joke about how he practically has his own army of boys that follow him around and worship the ground he walks on.

LOL I don't collect guns, but I have my own gun show! I don't collect anything. Too much time and stuff. Clutter's not my friend at all.

I don't remember lyrics after one listen. Most of the time when I'm listening to music, I'll listen to the music first, then the hook, then I'll focus on the lyrics. But once I learn them, I'll rarely forget them.

Over the weekend My my brothers and my cousins were singing some old skool 90's classics.....We also took a lot of the younger kids out and played some games we played when we were little- it was crazy how many of those songs and chants I remember.

I won't forget a birthday though.

I am considered funny, and I did read that an ISTJ has the potential to be funny. It really depends on how tight they are wound. I do know that my humor is more witty, catching onto subtleties or some random fact that was mentioned and I bring up again in the near future. I guess with my Si I don't miss too much in my surroundings. I usually have those around me cracking up, and had and still have a pretty good following. It's wierd how that works.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    A slightly humorous question... male ISTJ's... are you gun collectors? And if so, in your free time do you enjoy polishing your gun's?

Another random: Are all ISTJ's good at remember lyrics to song's after only one listen?

And third: Would most people consider you to be pretty funny and witty? I only know one ISTJ, and he's one of the funniest guys to be around. Me and my friend's even joke about how he practically has his own army of boys that follow him around and worship the ground he walks on.

LOL I don't collect guns, but I have my own gun show! I don't collect anything. Too much time and stuff. Clutter's not my friend at all.

I don't remember lyrics after one listen. Most of the time when I'm listening to music, I'll listen to the music first, then the hook, then I'll focus on the lyrics. But once I learn them, I'll rarely forget them.

Over the weekend My my brothers and my cousins were singing some old skool 90's classics.....We also took a lot of the younger kids out and played some games we played when we were little- it was crazy how many of those songs and chants I remember.

I won't forget a birthday though.

I am considered funny, and I did read that an ISTJ has the potential to be funny. It really depends on how tight they are wound. I do know that my humor is more witty, catching onto subtleties or some random fact that was mentioned and I bring up again in the near future. I guess with my Si I don't miss too much in my surroundings. I usually have those around me cracking up, and had and still have a pretty good following. It's wierd how that works.
    hahaha. i'm an isfp, and though i typically catch a lot of things, my memory is quite poor. i don't do too well to remember lyrics or chants for an extensive period.

read this link, and tell me how closely you think it relates to you:The REAL Personality Types Made Relevant
    it's mostly exaggerated caricatures, but wonder if there is any truth behind it.
    and this is another humorous one:Logical-Sensory Intratim - ISTj (The Pragmatist)

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post

No, my auditive memory is zero. I´m a visual person.

Most people I know keep saying that I´m a funny person, just because of my quick wit. But my type of humour is not the easy one, I use irony a lot, which can hurt some people, but those who understand it, love it.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post

I've rarely even touched guns. My parents grew up in the big city, and have always been against guns anywhere near their kids, so that's how I was raised. But as for the "collecting" angle, my father (ISTx) and I have a military history hobby: playing war strategy games, collecting magazines/articles, and sometimes buying models of tanks, etc. Not to the extreme some people do, though.

Not good at remembering lyrics after one time, but I'll tell you something interesting-- If I'm really fond of something like a song, I'll actively put effort into memorizing it. I might sit down and play that song again and again, until I start to get the hang of how it goes in my memory. That's just "fun" for me. So there is actually a thought process of mine that sees a work of art I like, and says, "Ooh! Let's memorize it!"

I used to have a reputation as being a funny guy, and quite weird, too. I think I know how to stay on most people's good side, too, which leaves me on good terms with huge numbers of people.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I've asked before, but since we have some new people around...

ISTJs, do you have good leadership skills? Are you naturally a leader? Do you like being a leader?

What are the easy parts vs. hard parts of being a leader?
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    I've asked before, but since we have some new people around...

ISTJs, do you have good leadership skills? Are you naturally a leader? Do you like being a leader?
    I am and I like it. Although I don´t always want to take the lead in everything, leadership positions are pften assigned to me, both at work and in life. I´m a strict, yet fair leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    What are the easy parts vs. hard parts of being a leader?
    (I am doing some "copy-paste" of something I posted earlier about this in another Guardhouse thread.)

The easy part, at least for me, is organizing people, assigning tasks according to each team member´s skills, in order to get the job done in time and in the best possible way. It also allows me to focus in the overall process, rather than in every detail. But, when I find something or somebody who needs to be corrected, I do it straight away.

The hardest part, though, is to make them understand that my stern discipline towrads them is what gives me the best end result.

This is the example I´m copying.

Every time they send me a team to work at a congress or meeting, I get mean looks when I make them take out facial piercings, correct their posture, not use local jargon when the guests are from foreign countries, shave, change hairtsyles, wear makeup, clean shoes, stop chewing bubblegum, forbid alcohol consuption when it can be easily accessed, among other details.

We work in representation of our Country, so I make that every man and women there looks and behaves their best to make an impression. So, if anybody fails to abide by my orders, I send him/her back home, suspended. And ask the PR agency to not call him/her again.

Yes, I rule with an iron fist. Still, I also know how to reward the team for a job well done, which is what I always strive for.

Victor Hugo

MBTI
    ISTP

Hi ISTJs,

Do you define yourself and others by professional status and amount of material wealth accumulated?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

and for another question... is it a functions thing to like to be in control of home improvement activities or do I have a defective model that I need to return to the factory for a new chip?

(because despite my usual spaciness and tendancy to injure myself, I'm actually pretty good at detail work, but the man will not trust me with power tools if there's an opportunity for him to use them... and I LIKE power tools )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Hi ISTJs,

Do you define yourself and others by professional status and amount of material wealth accumulated?
    Yes to the first, no to the second.

While it gives relevant information to define somebody (they measure personal growth and the will to improve), I don´t think it´s everything.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever
    and for another question... is it a functions thing to like to be in control of home improvement activities or do I have a defective model that I need to return to the factory for a new chip?
    No, you don´t need to. I´m not into DIY either. I have friends who are and I call them whenever I need to fix or improve something at home.

Victor Hugo

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

we actually get in arguments over who gets to fix things occasionally
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett