L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Square Circle View Post
    Don't get me wrong; it's certainly a high priority at this point, but I would prefer developing a lasting relationship with someone. This leads to my next question...

Suppose you find a guy to be potential relationship material. Are you likely to sleep with them on the first date?
    No. And this has nothing to do with MBTI.

It´s about how the human mind works. If you have sex with somebody who is relationship material on the first date, you are sending him/her the opposite message. If you want to have something serious, leave sex for (about) the third week of dating. Just because, when somebody puts the "fling" label on a date (or, on yourself), it will be VERY hard to make him/her change its mind. If you want your date to consider you as relationship material, be patient.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post

It´s about how the human mind works. If you have sex with somebody who is relationship material on the first date, you are sending him/her the opposite message. If you want to have something serious, leave sex for (about) the third week of dating. Just because, when somebody puts the "fling" label on a date (or, on yourself), it will be VERY hard to make him/her change its mind. If you want your date to consider you as relationship material, be patient.
    Really. So many unnecessary rules. You forget that anything can change at a moment's notice just because you or your partner have the will to change it. This is why I despise the dating world. The process of finding a significant other is reduced down to a game of chess.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post

Thanks for the info! Women are a pretty much a mystery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    This is why I despise the dating world. The process of finding a significant other is reduced down to a game of chess.
    I'm with you, raz. The "game" sends my Ti into a frenzy, which is difficult to shake. This usually amplifies my already rather pronounced awkwardness, something I'm working on.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Square Circle View Post
    Thanks for the info! Women are a pretty much a mystery to me.

I'm with you, raz. The "game" sends my Ti into a frenzy, which is difficult to shake. This usually amplifies my already rather pronounced awkwardness, something I'm working on.
    You´re welcome. And yes, dating is a game. Much like Command & Conquer, which I enjoy a lot playing.

Victor Hugo

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

What's your secret to being so organized, with-it and disciplined?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

In my case, I call it "natural talent" I can´t be any other way.

And I work every day to make it better.

Victor Hugo

Banned
    MBTI
    :)
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    HOT

Why do you care so much?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

A slightly humorous question... male ISTJ's... are you gun collectors? And if so, in your free time do you enjoy polishing your gun's?

Another random: Are all ISTJ's good at remember lyrics to song's after only one listen?

And third: Would most people consider you to be pretty funny and witty? I only know one ISTJ, and he's one of the funniest guys to be around. Me and my friend's even joke about how he practically has his own army of boys that follow him around and worship the ground he walks on.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    What's your secret to being so organized, with-it and disciplined?
    What can I say? LOL

Unfortunately, it's all a lie, a hoax! You've been bamboozled. LOL

I am not organized, with it, or disciplined- that is, until it really matters. Which means I can procrastinate with the best of them, then when it's crunch time, I get crazy focused to the point of neglecting everything and everyone.

I think that's another misunderstood aspect that's blanketed across one type. Or maybe it's just me.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by lolol View Post
    Why do you care so much?
    Wow....sometimes I ask myself the same question LOL

Although I have learned that I need to sit back and ask myself does whatever I am stressing over 'really matter'? Does it throw the whole project off course? Can I handled this after the major goal has been met?

I think this lesson learned is best exemplified with respect for time. If someone's having me over and they tell me it starts at 6, guess who's going to be there at 6? Since ISTJs can be literal beings, we try to be as exact as possible. Now, of course, there are events where being on time is of utmost importance, but for something more casual I won't die if I can't get there by the start time. I don't know how many times I've shown up somewhere and no one else is there, things aren't ready, or some other situation ( I have to help clean or set up).

I've even learned to spot people 15 minutes, even myself. I think that plays into it to. Since we're so literal, we expect everyone to operate by our standards, which makes us our own worse enemy if we are on the other side- being late will kill us.