User Tag List

First 32404142434452 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

lol... I was going to say that my ISTJ doesn't particularly care if he fits in or not- he has grumpily announced on a few occasions that he sees no reason to compromise himself just so that someone else will be happy... of course, he's quiet enough that even his stubborn refusal to conform to things is considered pretty inoffensive

but it's not like he tries- he's pretty weird
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    ... he has grumpily announced on a few occasions that he sees no reason to compromise himself just so that someone else will be happy... of course, he's quiet enough that even his stubborn refusal to conform to things is considered pretty inoffensive

but it's not like he tries- he's pretty weird
    Basically. Sounds like someone who gets it.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Let's take a hypothetical- let's take it back to high school as a background... ISTJ hates sports and is a serious student...
    I'd like to point out that ISTJs most likely prefer team sports over individual sports, since they'll probably feel more satisfied for contributing to a team effort, than to their own individual goals. That's at least what I feel when playing football (the real football, not the one where you carry the oval ball-like object) as a central defender.

Being a defender I rarely get to score goals, and thus I'm not celebrated too often. And whenever I fail to perform well, we have most likely conceded a goal, and I'm likely to get the blame for it... That kind of role requires a great amount of devotion towards the team as personal rewards are unlikely.

And about 'fitting in'. Usually I don't do things to fit in, but neither do I do things to 'single out'. ISxJs prefer harmony over many things, and usually see rebellious behavior as harmful and regressive. At least I like to consider the losses caused by disturbances compared to the gains before I cause any. I just like to get the job done as efficiently as possible, egos must not get into the way.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    I'd like to point out that ISTJs most likely prefer team sports over individual sports, since they'll probably feel more satisfied for contributing to a team effort, than to their own individual goals. That's at least what I feel when playing football (the real football, not the one where you carry the oval ball-like object) as a central defender.

Being a defender I rarely get to score goals, and thus I'm not celebrated too often. And whenever I fail to perform well, we have most likely conceded a goal, and I'm likely to get the blame for it... That kind of role requires a great amount of devotion towards the team as personal rewards are unlikely.

And about 'fitting in'. Usually I don't do things to fit in, but neither do I do things to 'single out'. ISxJs prefer harmony over many things, and usually see rebellious behavior as harmful and regressive. At least I like to consider the losses caused by disturbances compared to the gains before I cause any. I just like to get the job done as efficiently as possible, egos must not get into the way.
    My example an ISTJ who hated sports- hope you didn't conclude that I said all ISTJs disliked sports.

I do agree- I like team sports more than solo- and I'd rather defend than be a scorer. I love blocking shots playing basketball and volleyball. Offensively, I'll defer to others, but if we are struggling and there's no clear leadership on the team, I take over. You are right- I prefer the team harmony over self glory, and I need to find a balance between taking shots and assisting the other player.

And American Football is the greatest!!!!!!! :workout:

MBTI
    ISTP

Do ISTJs repeat personal things said to them through gossip and conversation?

Or am I thinking ISFJ...
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post

It would explain why I actually dislike team based sport: I am not athletic and I don't want to drag the team down.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Do ISTJs repeat personal things said to them through gossip and conversation?

Or am I thinking ISFJ...
    No! I will say that I don't divulge confidential information. I'm a vault!

MBTI
    LoLz

I like the team sports the more complicated they are...I like to see the group of people working together to accomplish something. The synergy and dependency within the team is amazing. It's why I like team based video games. I like knowing my contribution is part of a bigger whole that's acting as a unified force.

I don't get into sports much, though. If I did, I would prefer team sports. I'd likely find myself in leadership positions unintentionally constantly. I'd be the one remembering all the rules, strategies, players, etc.

As for divulging gossip, I stay away from gossip unless I'm forced into it. If I am, that information is confidential unless the person tells me otherwise. I respect the person's privacy.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I personally don't like team sports that much... I like martial arts, the one on one interaction.
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

MBTI
    INTP

I have a question about ISTJs' attitudes toward dating.

You see, I have a date with an ISTJ next weekend, and from what I've gathered, ISTJs seem to be more observant of rules and trend towards a conservative attitude. As I am an INTP, it should come as no surprise it has been quite a long time since I've enjoyed some boot knocking.

I'm wondering, are people with this type likely to have a "no romping on the first date" rule? Please say no. I've exhausted my imagination.