User Tag List

First 32404142434452 Last

Results 411 to 420 of 731

  1. #411
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    lol... I was going to say that my ISTJ doesn't particularly care if he fits in or not- he has grumpily announced on a few occasions that he sees no reason to compromise himself just so that someone else will be happy... of course, he's quiet enough that even his stubborn refusal to conform to things is considered pretty inoffensive

    but it's not like he tries- he's pretty weird
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  2. #412
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    ... he has grumpily announced on a few occasions that he sees no reason to compromise himself just so that someone else will be happy... of course, he's quiet enough that even his stubborn refusal to conform to things is considered pretty inoffensive

    but it's not like he tries- he's pretty weird
    Basically. Sounds like someone who gets it.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  3. #413
    Senior Member Habba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Let's take a hypothetical- let's take it back to high school as a background... ISTJ hates sports and is a serious student...
    I'd like to point out that ISTJs most likely prefer team sports over individual sports, since they'll probably feel more satisfied for contributing to a team effort, than to their own individual goals. That's at least what I feel when playing football (the real football, not the one where you carry the oval ball-like object) as a central defender.

    Being a defender I rarely get to score goals, and thus I'm not celebrated too often. And whenever I fail to perform well, we have most likely conceded a goal, and I'm likely to get the blame for it... That kind of role requires a great amount of devotion towards the team as personal rewards are unlikely.

    And about 'fitting in'. Usually I don't do things to fit in, but neither do I do things to 'single out'. ISxJs prefer harmony over many things, and usually see rebellious behavior as harmful and regressive. At least I like to consider the losses caused by disturbances compared to the gains before I cause any. I just like to get the job done as efficiently as possible, egos must not get into the way.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

  4. #414
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    I'd like to point out that ISTJs most likely prefer team sports over individual sports, since they'll probably feel more satisfied for contributing to a team effort, than to their own individual goals. That's at least what I feel when playing football (the real football, not the one where you carry the oval ball-like object) as a central defender.

    Being a defender I rarely get to score goals, and thus I'm not celebrated too often. And whenever I fail to perform well, we have most likely conceded a goal, and I'm likely to get the blame for it... That kind of role requires a great amount of devotion towards the team as personal rewards are unlikely.

    And about 'fitting in'. Usually I don't do things to fit in, but neither do I do things to 'single out'. ISxJs prefer harmony over many things, and usually see rebellious behavior as harmful and regressive. At least I like to consider the losses caused by disturbances compared to the gains before I cause any. I just like to get the job done as efficiently as possible, egos must not get into the way.
    My example an ISTJ who hated sports- hope you didn't conclude that I said all ISTJs disliked sports.

    I do agree- I like team sports more than solo- and I'd rather defend than be a scorer. I love blocking shots playing basketball and volleyball. Offensively, I'll defer to others, but if we are struggling and there's no clear leadership on the team, I take over. You are right- I prefer the team harmony over self glory, and I need to find a balance between taking shots and assisting the other player.

    And American Football is the greatest!!!!!!! :workout:

  5. #415
    One day and the next Rainne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Do ISTJs repeat personal things said to them through gossip and conversation?

    Or am I thinking ISFJ...
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

  6. #416
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    I'd like to point out that ISTJs most likely prefer team sports over individual sports, since they'll probably feel more satisfied for contributing to a team effort, than to their own individual goals. That's at least what I feel when playing football (the real football, not the one where you carry the oval ball-like object) as a central defender.

    Being a defender I rarely get to score goals, and thus I'm not celebrated too often. And whenever I fail to perform well, we have most likely conceded a goal, and I'm likely to get the blame for it... That kind of role requires a great amount of devotion towards the team as personal rewards are unlikely.
    It would explain why I actually dislike team based sport: I am not athletic and I don't want to drag the team down.

  7. #417
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Do ISTJs repeat personal things said to them through gossip and conversation?

    Or am I thinking ISFJ...
    No! I will say that I don't divulge confidential information. I'm a vault!

  8. #418
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    I like the team sports the more complicated they are...I like to see the group of people working together to accomplish something. The synergy and dependency within the team is amazing. It's why I like team based video games. I like knowing my contribution is part of a bigger whole that's acting as a unified force.

    I don't get into sports much, though. If I did, I would prefer team sports. I'd likely find myself in leadership positions unintentionally constantly. I'd be the one remembering all the rules, strategies, players, etc.

    As for divulging gossip, I stay away from gossip unless I'm forced into it. If I am, that information is confidential unless the person tells me otherwise. I respect the person's privacy.


  9. #419
    Senior Member Gerbah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    433

    Default

    I personally don't like team sports that much... I like martial arts, the one on one interaction.
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

  10. #420
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    15

    Default

    I have a question about ISTJs' attitudes toward dating.

    You see, I have a date with an ISTJ next weekend, and from what I've gathered, ISTJs seem to be more observant of rules and trend towards a conservative attitude. As I am an INTP, it should come as no surprise it has been quite a long time since I've enjoyed some boot knocking.

    I'm wondering, are people with this type likely to have a "no romping on the first date" rule? Please say no. I've exhausted my imagination.

Similar Threads

  1. Post your victories here!!
    By kyuuei in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-02-2014, 11:06 PM
  2. ISTJ 6w7 sx/so here. Pleased to make your acquaintence.
    By The Iron Giant in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 03:21 PM
  3. [ISTJ] How does one go about wooing an ISTJ? (and other questions)
    By Tea Party in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 04:55 PM
  4. Hi, I'm a new INTJ here. Please post your welcomes : )
    By logan235711 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 10:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO