User Tag List

First 30383940414250 Last

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

That makes sense. He really loves music theory, I know that. But I'm a textbook enneagram 5 and I don't much like discussing it because it's something I really like as well, but don't pick up on as quickly as he does.

I was surprised. He doesn't care about school much and has always dressed "alternatively" (dyed hair, dark clothes), he likes weird music, is rather disdainful towards teachers, is indecisive, doesn't really have a plan for his future, etc. I never even considered ISTJ. Like I said in my thread, I thought eventually he'd open up and we could have those kinds of conversations. We are similar in many ways, so I jumped the gun and assumed I understood him really well (such as instances where we "disconnect." Not from each other but the external world). I miscalculated and it was foolish to assume I could categorize him like that, but it was still strange, you know?

Also, what do you guys base your self-worth on? What indicates to you that you are doing well in life?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by StoryToTell View Post
    That makes sense. He really loves music theory, I know that. But I'm a textbook enneagram 5 and I don't much like discussing it because it's something I really like as well, but don't pick up on as quickly as he does.

I was surprised. He doesn't care about school much and has always dressed "alternatively" (dyed hair, dark clothes), he likes weird music, is rather disdainful towards teachers, is indecisive, doesn't really have a plan for his future, etc. I never even considered ISTJ. Like I said in my thread, I thought eventually he'd open up and we could have those kinds of conversations. We are similar in many ways, so I jumped the gun and assumed I understood him really well (such as instances where we "disconnect." Not from each other but the external world). I miscalculated and it was foolish to assume I could categorize him like that, but it was still strange, you know?

Also, what do you guys base your self-worth on? What indicates to you that you are doing well in life?
    All ISTJs aren't put together and ready for the world as some descriptions point them out to be. Just like other types they can go through school hating it, just like other types. And be confused as to what they want to do with their life. If school's not their thing, they'll appear just like any other type.

Your guy might be like me. I'm ISTJ, but there are traits about me where you'd think I'm not. But when it comes down to it, I'm closely aligned to that description, especially under times of stress.

Self worth is subjective to ISTJs like everyone else. It's usually underscored by duty and handlin business, and being reliable. But it all depends on the person.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    What makes you decide to pursue someone romantically?

I've had the experience of ISTJs deciding we were a good match (on paper...?) and doggedly hunting me down and sinking their teeth in like a pitbull, refusing to let go even as I ran. What causes such a strong determination? Is it because the facts don't lie?

I've also had the feeling of being watched by ISTJs, as if they were gathering data about me to decide if they wanted to begin the chase. Is this an accurate estimation?

Or rather, I am not asking you to explain those individual's behaviors so much as discuss if you have any trace of them and how that may relate to your type.

And what is your reaction to INFPs? I notice some like me immediately, quirks & all. Others just find me an enigma and steer clear.

I have to be attracted to them physically and there has to be something about their personality that grabs me. I'm smitten to ExFx types, but I can be drawn to an IxFx as well.

When I like something, I go for it. I'll admit I've been obsessed before and it wasn't a good look. ISTJs can get so focused on something that everything else takes backseat- especially in stress or lust LOL

My ENTP coworker tells me I analyze too much. I do. Most of the time it's not stalking, it's that I usually observe people around me. So if you are in my vicinity, I'm probably studying you, Doesn't mean I have an interest in you, though. I'm just fascinated by the behavior of people. And since I've learned MBTI sometimes I'm trying to type people. So don't assume the guy's trying to get at you all the time- he might not be.

But being that you are an IxFP, he probably could be taken in by your mystique. . Unless you are ticking like you have tourette's, you probably aren't coming off strange. I only know one INFP, and it's a guy. I used to think he was gay- but once I learned his type I let that go. So I don't know if I've met an INFP girl, but I dated an ISFP so I know you'd get my attention.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    How do you get an ISTJ to become interested in MB?
    That's hard. You'd probably have to have to demonstrate what's in it for him. Maybe read your description to him, and see if he agrees with it. Are you sure that he's ISTJ? Not sure if you had him take the test or not. Then maybe you can share his profile with him.

You might have answered this somewhere before, and if so, I apologize, but why do you have your type listed as XXXX?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    You might have answered this somewhere before, and if so, I apologize, but why do you have your type listed as XXXX?
    XXX just ain't enough.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    XXX just ain't enough.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I'm just that bad!

Furreal, there's no reason. You can put whatever you want in that space.

MBTI
    LoLz

My type lately is MNIC

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I have a question.

I understand that your main cognitive function Si. Does that imply that you seek to fit in? But as an Introvert, does it work? It's as if you're goal is the same cause of disadvantage.