User Tag List

First 28363738394048 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

haha does anyone do that?!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTP

Hi ISTJs.

If you have a problem with someone, and you are in no position to challenge or change them, would you confront them or complain behind their backs?
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    haha does anyone do that?!
    when in a good mood I certainly will!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Hi ISTJs.

If you have a problem with someone, and you are in no position to challenge or change them, would you confront them or complain behind their backs?
    mine is quite upfront about it... in the most unassuming way possible
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

haha...i guess you're right. a type 7 most certainly will be all giddy and affectionate when in a good mood yes.

was just thinking...i've never seen anyone do that...haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Hi ISTJs.

Complain most likely, but it depends on the situation. At work, I'll try to challenge them in ways I can, but if it's to no avail, I'll leave it alone and complain, meaning I'll probably tell others about my trials, and struggles, and look for a common suffering. The complaining isn't based on feelings, most of the time it's based on concrete, justifiable evidence that is wrong in my eyes.

ISTJs are not the ones to head on confront someone without thinking it out first. So to confront someone with words takes a level of building up towards it. I will say the more comfortable I am with someone the more upfront I am.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    There's no reason to not do something if it's ineffective. If a different approach works and is practical, then do it, but why change approaches just for the sake of changing approaches? You have to be gaining something by changing your approach or viewpoint. Change shouldn't come with solely a negative cost.
    I think we can all agree that negative changes are bad and should be avoided.

If I'm working with someone and they don't understand something, the end goal makes up for my impatience with having to slow down and explain something to someone "scatterbrained" or having to deal with a scatterbrained person in general. It's still not about accepting another point of view, it's about the goal.

I generally see people who are scatterbrained or incapable of focusing as lazy. It's their choice to act as they are acting. I have my own internal compass to guide me through structure and guidelines, accepting opposite points of view and remaining objective with Te, seeing the big picture with Ne, and being able to separate the structure from natural human behavior with Fi. My life focuses on and admires systems. I'm equipped to handle them, and others who are not, I quickly become patronizing toward. It's how I've always been.
    Except that equating "scatterbrained" with full-out "incompetence" and "uselessness" is just plain narrow-minded.

In fact, I often find that I have to slow down in order to repackage--linearize--my thoughts so that linear-thinkers can understand me. I don't have that issue with those who are "scatterbrained" like myself--they grasp what I say pretty readily because they can make the same sort of connections that I can, know where the conversation is headed and subconsciously anticipate that, and don't need the details to be filled in.

Like you, though, I tolerate having to repackage my thoughts when it's necessary to do so.

It's interesting that this particular issue is two-sided, as it is.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    haha...i guess you're right. a type 7 most certainly will be all giddy and affectionate when in a good mood yes.

was just thinking...i've never seen anyone do that...haha
    Haha, i would so skip across the room and plant a big kiss on his forehead! It's a very me thing to do. I think i even do that to friends.
    My SO's response would be slightly awkward though. Maybe a sharp breath and an uncomfortable "Okaaay" uttered. Followed by a question about something boringly practical like computer virus protection.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

ISTJs, would you mind posting your opinions on the following unrelated topics:
    sports and greeting cards

Thanks
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    ISTJs, would you mind posting your opinions on the following unrelated topics:

Thanks
    A sports greeting card would be lovely! LOL

Okay bad joke.

But I love sports. I love playing over watching. I only really like to watch Pro football. I'm 50/50 on basketball (watching & playing) and I don't play baseball but attending the games are a good time.

I'm very active in sports. Growing up in the hood, b-ball was the only game most guys would play. In the fall we'd play football but even then you bballed. Now I play tennis, volleyball, walleyball, in addition to bball and football. My thing is as long as I'm breaking a sweat and being active I'm game to play.

I haven't gotten into golf yet.

Greeting cards? Meh.
    They are nice I guess, but they don't really do it for me. I did learn through my last girl that that little gesture goes a long way, so in my next relationship I'll send more. Prior to that I wouldn't have thought to visit the greeting card section unless somebody was born, died, got married, or graduated.

MBTI
    ISTj

Dislike both.
    "Knights had no meaning in this game. It wasn't a game for knights."