User Tag List

First 27353637383947 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I've often wondered what an ISTJ would see in an ESTP as a SO... I'm secretly convinced that he's the one who has everything going for him on that front and I'm like a pet puppy or something
    /pats puppy
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    It's because you're useless. Nothing personal against you.
    I'd only do it because my job forces me to. I'd do it otherwise if you're a close friend. Otherwise, I'm not assisting you with your incompetence without reimbursement.
    Okay, now I've got a question.

Why do you fail to see or appreciate the value in approaches and mindsets that differ from your own?

I mean, I know it's a loaded question, but the underlying assertion that there is value in nonlinear, "big-picture" approaches is one that doesn't really need to be defended. At least, I hope it doesn't.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post

Why do you fail to see or appreciate the value in approaches and mindsets that differ from your own?

I mean, I know it's a loaded question, but the underlying assertion that there is value in nonlinear, "big-picture" approaches is one that doesn't really need to be defended. At least, I hope it doesn't.
    There's no reason to not do something if it's ineffective. If a different approach works and is practical, then do it, but why change approaches just for the sake of changing approaches? You have to be gaining something by changing your approach or viewpoint. Change shouldn't come with solely a negative cost.

If I'm working with someone and they don't understand something, the end goal makes up for my impatience with having to slow down and explain something to someone "scatterbrained" or having to deal with a scatterbrained person in general. It's still not about accepting another point of view, it's about the goal.

I generally see people who are scatterbrained or incapable of focusing as lazy. It's their choice to act as they are acting. I have my own internal compass to guide me through structure and guidelines, accepting opposite points of view and remaining objective with Te, seeing the big picture with Ne, and being able to separate the structure from natural human behavior with Fi. My life focuses on and admires systems. I'm equipped to handle them, and others who are not, I quickly become patronizing toward. It's how I've always been.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post

I rather not trade a known to be working approach for a possible but risky approach. Of course, I do respond well to logical persuasions (eg. emphasize the negative aspect of the current approach and explain how the new one would fix it).

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I've often wondered what an ISTJ would see in an ESTP as a SO... I'm secretly convinced that he's the one who has everything going for him on that front and I'm like a pet puppy or something
    Thats funny. I have that same feeling. Although i do actually have quite a lot going on for myself and even my SO refers to me as intelligent. Still i often feel like i am an assistant or "pet" as you mentioned. He even pats me on the head or back at times. I wonder if this is felt by many SO's of ISTJ's???

ISTJ's how do you feel about this?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    Thats funny. I have that same feeling. Although i do actually have quite a lot going on for myself and even my SO refers to me as intelligent. Still i often feel like i am an assistant or "pet" as you mentioned. He even pats me on the head or back at times. I wonder if this is felt by many SO's of ISTJ's???

That's affection. We SUCK at it!

I'll be honest with yall; the hardest thing for me to do is show affection that's not sexual. Sounds harsh, yes.

It's something that I work at and some days are better than others.

Affection is even hard to show for my family members. It takes a lot for me to say "I Love you"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i did not feel like a pet...but a child somewhat yeah. :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i did not feel like a pet...but a child somewhat yeah. :/
    If you had to describe the SJ males ways, they are fatherly.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post

mine claims that I have all kinds of things going for me (including being a "first rate brilliant nerd" )... He's just so self sufficient and driven that I occasionally get the sneaking suspicion that I'm just kind of a pet girl... someone who's kept around for the sake of pleasure instead of having any necissary qualities... and yes, I occasionally get patted on the head or back

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    That's affection. We SUCK at it!

I'll be honest with yall; the hardest thing for me to do is show affection that's not sexual. Sounds harsh, yes.

It's something that I work at and some days are better than others.

Affection is even hard to show for my family members. It takes a lot for me to say "I Love you"
    I had to learn that he expresses it through being helpful and doing little things for me and by physical contact... certainly not by skipping across the room and planting a kiss on my forehead or anything
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

mine claims that I have all kinds of things going for me (including being a "first rate brilliant nerd" )... He's just so self sufficient and driven that I occasionally get the sneaking suspicion that I'm just kind of a pet girl... someone who's kept around for the sake of pleasure instead of having any necissary qualities... and yes, I occasionally get patted on the head or back

I had to learn that he expresses it through being helpful and doing little things for me and by physical contact... certainly not by skipping across the room and planting a kiss on my forehead or anything
    I betta be high on something more than weed if I ever skip and kiss on a forehead