User Tag List

First 26343536373846 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    hi ISTJs

what's your favorite genre of music?

I love all types, but I was raised on R&B/Hip-hop, so that's my base. I try to stay away from mainstream stuff though, I guess as an ISTJ my tastes are less defined by what's forced on you by the outlets and more on my tastes.

Lupe's my favorite rapper. His wordplay is ridiculous for someone so relatively young.

My barber also recommended John Mayer to me, so I'm getting into his collection. He's good.

I got room for about 2,000 more songs in my IPOD ( I have 4,300) So I'm always open for suggestions!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Hope this question hasn't been asked.

My ISTJ friend's birthday is coming up. What do ISTJ's like to receive as gifts?

(I know this depends on the individual, but generally speaking...?)
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    Hope this question hasn't been asked.

My ISTJ friend's birthday is coming up. What do ISTJ's like to receive as gifts?

(I know this depends on the individual, but generally speaking...?)

Mature ISTJs (read: not kids) generally probably don't require much surrounding big events, like a birthday, and probably don't want a big party and hoopla surrounding it. They probably don't make specific requests. If anything they probably want something small with their closest friends and family, whether that be a party at the house, out at a bar/club, or a restaurant.

I think the best thing to do is to find out anything that they need by talking to them indirectly. Instead of asking them what do they want for their birthday (which is usually 'nothing' or 'whatever,') find out if they have their eye on some shoes, video game, CD, accessory, or whatever their hobbies are. You'll get the best reaction from taking care of these practical needs over something you never confirmed that they would want or need.

But it's the thought that counts. Anything you give to them would be well received; but if it's centered on something that they could use in real life (even food) they'd love it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    My barber also recommended John Mayer to me, so I'm getting into his collection. He's good.

I got room for about 2,000 more songs in my IPOD ( I have 4,300) So I'm always open for suggestions!
    If you like jazz, check out the collaboration Herbie Hancock did with John Mayer called "Stitched Up"... great song (IMO).

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa*Lisa View Post
    If you like jazz, check out the collaboration Herbie Hancock did with John Mayer called "Stitched Up"... great song (IMO).

I'll check it out- thanks!!

garbage

Hey! You guys rule. I'm constantly going to my ISTJ boss/advisor to seek clarity of thought and a linear path toward some particular goal. It's a stark but welcome contrast to my own scatterbrained nature

there sure wasn't a question there, but, well, there you go

Enneagram

Do you guys get impatient with people like me, who aren't so competent and maybe have a hard time following the instructions which to you seem perfectly clear? If you haven't experienced this, do you think you would

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Do you guys get impatient with people like me, who aren't so competent and maybe have a hard time following the instructions which to you seem perfectly clear? If you haven't experienced this, do you think you would
    The girl in your avatar is cute. Oops. Scatterbrained too! Hey look! There's your answer, I just disregard people who are scatterbrained just because they are useless. It's not because you're an ENFP or ISTP or ROFL or WTF. It's because you're useless. Nothing personal against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post
    Hey! You guys rule. I'm constantly going to my ISTJ boss/advisor to seek clarity of thought and a linear path toward some particular goal. It's a stark but welcome contrast to my own scatterbrained nature

there sure wasn't a question there, but, well, there you go
    I'd only do it because my job forces me to. I'd do it otherwise if you're a close friend. Otherwise, I'm not assisting you with your incompetence without reimbursement.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've often wondered what an ISTJ would see in an ESTP as a SO... I'm secretly convinced that he's the one who has everything going for him on that front and I'm like a pet puppy or something
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I've often wondered what an ISTJ would see in an ESTP as a SO... I'm secretly convinced that he's the one who has everything going for him on that front and I'm like a pet puppy or something
    Sex.