First 24323334353644 Last

Senior Member Just another ISTJ's Avatar
    MBTI
    IsTj
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTP

I do...but I'm not as strong on the J side of things as I used to be.

Everything that needs to be done gets completed eventually, but in the meantime, I'm going to occupy myself with something else, which will then be superceded by another thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Hello ISTJs.

Do you procrastinate a lot?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Hello ISTJs.

Do you procrastinate a lot?
    To a fault.

I hate it, but my BEST work is done that way.

And as the genius is cranking out, I'm saying to myself that next time I'm going to pace myself. Hasn't happened yet.

MBTI
    ISTP

lol i knew it

MBTI
    LoLz

I procrastinate. But I do it deliberately. Like, "I can put this off until next week."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

This thread sure has blossomed ... good work ISTJ's!
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    LoLz

34 pages of blossoming.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    To a fault.

I hate it, but my BEST work is done that way.

And as the genius is cranking out, I'm saying to myself that next time I'm going to pace myself. Hasn't happened yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    I procrastinate. But I do it deliberately. Like, "I can put this off until next week."
    I think the P vs J stereotypes are most difficult to deal with, here.

I personally believe it takes a while for the "J" part of anyone to appear in a discernible way. Children do not start out disciplined and organized. As one gains responsibility, it takes a while to understand how to manage it. While a J is learning to manage responsibilities, the J will still appear to be mostly P. Even after that, a J will "feel disorganized," even when they aren't in comparison to most others.

Part of it is that it isn't about how organized one is, or how much one procrastinates, but rather how one sets priorities. No matter how much a J procrastinates, the J will usually finish the task on time. The J feels a responsibility to be done on time. It is possible that one could say that someone who never procrastinates is "very J," but that doesn't mean much in MBTI terms; it just makes one's type in that regard more definite.

That said, I've been meaning to start a procrastination club, but I never quite seem to get around to it.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I think the P vs J stereotypes are most difficult to deal with, here.

I personally believe it takes a while for the "J" part of anyone to appear in a discernible way. Children do not start out disciplined and organized. As one gains responsibility, it takes a while to understand how to manage it. While a J is learning to manage responsibilities, the J will still appear to be mostly P. Even after that, a J will "feel disorganized," even when they aren't in comparison to most others.

Part of it is that it isn't about how organized one is, or how much one procrastinates, but rather how one sets priorities. No matter how much a J procrastinates, the J will usually finish the task on time. The J feels a responsibility to be done on time. It is possible that one could say that someone who never procrastinates is "very J," but that doesn't mean much in MBTI terms; it just makes one's type in that regard more definite.

That said, I've been meaning to start a procrastination club, but I never quite seem to get around to it.
    Exactly. Fucking finally. That part is so on the money that it deserved to be bolded, italicized and underlined. Judgment does not equal stereotypical organization. Judgment means setting outward priorities and adhering to responsibilities. Get inside my head and watch me following the things most important to me, and you'll see the J full force. Take a look at my desk, which I don't give a fuck about, and it's a MESS.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    Exactly. Fucking finally. That part is so on the money that it deserved to be bolded, italicized and underlined. Judgment does not equal stereotypical organization. Judgment means setting outward priorities and adhering to responsibilities. Get inside my head and watch me following the things most important to me, and you'll see the J full force. Take a look at my desk, which I don't give a fuck about, and it's a MESS.
    So what does this say about perceivers? They don't adhere to responsibilities and they don't set priorities? What's the difference of their priorities?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    So what does this say about perceivers? They don't adhere to responsibilities and they don't set priorities?
    They have priorities, but the priorities are more and more not aimed at meeting other's expectations, the more P one is. It's a matter of degree. Very few people are extremely J or extremely P.