User Tag List

First 123451353 Last

MBTI
    YaYa

There seems to be alot of "if I don't like a rule, I have to think about it a while and figure out what to do" which implies that there is some loyalty to structure and norms, even if you don't agree with that structure.

Whats the hesitation?

What would a minority SJ rebellion look like against a non-SJ majority?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    There seems to be alot of "if I don't like a rule, I have to think about it a while and figure out what to do" which implies that there is some loyalty to structure and norms, even if you don't agree with that structure.

Whats the hesitation?
    I for one see destruction and chaos (= changing the structure) as a setback to progress. I don't think that things should be torn apart even if they would be little messed up... it's still a far better option than the lack of structure. So I see playing along and changing things little-by-little would be more progressful (spelling?) than wreaking havoc on the system.

In such a rare case that SJs would be rebelling, I think it might be a rebellion against anarchy and chaos. A yearning for structure and balance. Or maybe a conservationist outbreak, like male priests refusing to work with female priests.

I think that rebellion is pretty much a NF thing, since they are the ones with wild ideas.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post
    I've got a bunch of questions for you, but please don't feel obliged to answer them all unless you really want to.
    You make a request and say we don't need to fulfill it if we don't want to. How more subtle can you be with getting what you want with ISTJs?

We are such a suckers for requests...

What was adolescence like for you? Did you have a rebellious period, and what was it like?
    I always wondered how it would be like to be adult... until the day I noticed I've been wondering the same thing for over 15 years, and I felt I hadn't changed a bit. So growing up wasn't really a big change for me, I have always been pretty much what I'm now... well, maybe I've learned to overcome my natural shyness and fright of social situations a bit, but that's pretty much it.

I never rebelled, and never understood people who rebelled just for the sake of it. I place no value on independency as such. And harmony is always so much better than the opposite.

Like Sam Spade, I felt there weren't really that many people I could relate to. Funny, isn't it... I have the most common male type, and I feel like there's no one else like me.

How important was it to you to do well at school (or further studies)?
    It's not as much about the grades as it is about obeying the system and the authority. I always did my homework on time and did my best when asked to. But I never read for exams or did any extra work for better grades.

What is your opinion of people with qualifications such as Doctorate or Masters degrees? Do they automatically gain your respect?
    I'm little suspicious of doctors... some of them are so absorbed by their expertise that they lack a layman's perspective and thus can not really communicate their ideas with other people very effectively. But generally I do respect people of high education a lot. I even contempt the ordinary working men for their ignorance for the greater scheme of things.

My profession is my obsession and passion. If you work without either of them, you are being untrue to yourself. And I see ordinary working people, who are just doing their jobs, as such people who are untrue to themselves.

Have you ever lost your temper and exploded emotionally (raising your voice, screaming, crying)? What brought it on?
    Yes I have. Few times with my football team when they are not giving me proper respect and are failing to play at their own level. I'm especially subject to explode at people who are not giving everything for the team.

So mostly when people do not pay respect/dedication to me or my team/community I see I or we have deserved.

Darn... I run out of forms to fill! Quick, more questions!
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    LoLz

Whats the hesitation?

For me, questioning a rule within a system isn't just about proving a logical inconsistency or a moral injustice. It's about proving why it's wrong, how it's portrayed, how it could be fixed, and why it's being fixed. The goal is to keep a working system, not question rules.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Is it true that ISTJs eat a bar of steel before they go to bed ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Is it true that ISTJs eat a bar of steel before they go to bed ?
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

kewl

One idea here: can I hit that hot accountant in my office then with a steel bar over the head to drag her into my cave; and if later she should sue me for it, I can tell the court that she must have hit herself trieing to eat her daily steel bar, cause an innocent entp would not even posses that ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I find that most people who do the SJ bashing are not interested in understanding SJs in general. Mostly they want to play the rare and special victim because there are certain easy perks and rewards that come with acting that way. And to continue with those rewards they have to create and keep up an "Us. Vs. them" attitude so they won't ever be interested in understanding and getting along with SJ's.

You'll find that the people who do want to understand SJs will come to the SJ section and ask genuine questions themselves and won't do any S or SJ bashing. They know it's stupid.
    Oh I'm sorry, yeah, it's all an act, I'll just start being ISTJ now

An open minded SJ would get why the SJ bashing on this forum is warranted, looking at the general population

Regardless of how "nice" or whatever an SJ is I've never got along with one fully and comfortably... and not from a lack of trying

Also the whole "understanding SJs" is kind of amusing to me, there's so many of you guys out there, what's not to understand?

The reason for the "bias" as you will is because we have quite enough SJness going on out there, lets try and understand some of the indeed rarer personality types (and not by choice to be rare as you make out)

I'm yet to be surprised by something an SJ has said on the forum and why should I be? I hear it every single day by the countless SJs surrounding me

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post

An open minded SJ would get why the SJ bashing on this forum is warranted, looking at the general population

Regardless of how "nice" or whatever an SJ is I've never got along with one fully and comfortably... and not from a lack of trying

Also the whole "understanding SJs" is kind of amusing to me, there's so many of you guys out there, what's not to understand?

The reason for the "bias" as you will is because we have quite enough SJness going on out there, lets try and understand some of the indeed rarer personality types (and not by choice to be rare as you make out)

I'm yet to be surprised by something an SJ has said on the forum and why should I be? I hear it every single day by the countless SJs surrounding me
    We're just all part of a larger system, in a way. The SJs just maintain the order. We couldn't live without the NTs because the SJs just don't have the capacity to think in the manner of an NT. We're always going to have the conflict between the types, and it's something you just have to accept as the norm just because people are different. Black and white judgments of people because you don't approve of their thought process are pointless. We're all in this together, whether we like each other or not.

I guess you could say that's a major part of my goal in life, to seek an understanding of the systems that allow for order within our universe.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post

Well since you have us all figured out, there's no need for you to participate in this forum.