User Tag List

First 19272829303139 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

and if you are an ENFP and you're not very close with an ISTJ, why are you posting in this thread?

because of the flexible nature of typology and its self reporting nature, it's absolutley rediculous to assume that things won't end happily for two people based on type alone- you have to know more to make the assessment, like values, hopes and dreams and such, and I know some amazingly open minded ISTJs and some ENFPs who's values and such alligned with them... there's a lot more than basic letters going into the whole thing, there's whole people, with their pasts and educations and such

and just because I CAN change my oil, it doesn't mean that I'm not happy to have someone who's quicker and more efficent at it do it for me
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    and if you are an ENFP and you're not very close with an ISTJ, why are you posting in this thread?

because of the flexible nature of typology and its self reporting nature, it's absolutley rediculous to assume that things won't end happily for two people based on type alone- you have to know more to make the assessment, like values, hopes and dreams and such, and I know some amazingly open minded ISTJs and some ENFPs who's values and such alligned with them... there's a lot more than basic letters going into the whole thing, there's whole people, with their pasts and educations and such
    That's kinda insulting really. Listen I know all kinds of ITJs. Some of my best friends are ITJs. It's not based on type alone in itself. It's based on the values associated with each type. How many ISTJs do you know that don't value responsibility and accountability? It's about patterns. I just expounded on it all because you disagreed with my PERSONAL opinion, and I tried explaining why I thought like I did.

And it's not about values and dreams but the path chosen to get there. This is MY opinion on relationships, and that's why I posted. And I'm posting in this thread because I'm interested in reading it. This is about ISTJs explaining themselves to non-ISTJs right? I don't need to be involved with one romantically.

And regarding the oil, yeah, we are different in that way.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    That's kinda insulting really. Listen I know all kinds of ITJs. Some of my best friends are ITJs. It's not based on type alone in itself. It's based on the values associated with each type. How many ISTJs do you know that don't value responsibility and accountability? It's about patterns. I just expounded on it all because you disagreed with my PERSONAL opinion, and I tried explaining why I thought like I did.

And it's not about values and dreams but the path chosen to get there. This is MY opinion on relationships, and that's why I posted. And I'm posting in this thread because I'm interested in reading it. This is about ISTJs explaining themselves to non-ISTJs right? I don't need to be involved with one romantically.

And regarding the oil, yeah, we are different in that way.
    Honorary, you can't come in here starting trouble now........that's in the contract!!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

who the f%^& values irresponsibility and inaccountability?!

I'm going with patterns as well... that there's other traits NOT measured by the MBTI that have a large play in relationships as well... my parents have very different personalities than one another, for instance (INTP and ISFJ) but they share a lot of the same interests and values nonetheless, which is why they're very happy together and have been for 27 years- even though they might sit on the couch together in the evening with him reading Scientific American and her watching Ghost Whisperer!

difference in personality type can't explain things like shared religion, shared cultural background, hobbies or interests and it doesn't control what goals and paths you choose to take in life
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISFJ

who the f%^& values irresponsibility and inaccountability?!
    Lol, you don't know ENFPs very well do you?

I'm going with patterns as well... that there's other traits NOT measured by the MBTI that have a large play in relationships as well... my parents have very different personalities than one another, for instance (INTP and ISFJ) but they share a lot of the same interests and values nonetheless, which is why they're very happy together and have been for 27 years- even though they might sit on the couch together in the evening with him reading Scientific American and her watching Ghost Whisperer!

difference in personality type can't explain things like shared religion, shared cultural background, hobbies or interests and it doesn't control what goals and paths you choose to take in life
    Values to me are more important than any of those personally, and I would assume (I shouldn't assume I know) for any Fi dom or aux user.

Of course all traits play into it. Just some values are more important than others. And I'm not saying ISTJs and ENFPs don't work because they are opposites. I know a lot of INTP and ESFJ couples that work very well. But it also depends on who is the male and who is the female. And it also depends of how important certain things are to each type. From my experience ISTJ and ENFP value very different things.

And if anyone cares to prove me wrong I'll be here.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I know quite a few ENFPs and they at least have some desire to end up not living on the streets!

and like I said- other traits are just as or more important in the long run- not ALL ENFPs are crazily stubborn and ignore the rest of the world... and not all ISTJs are calculating machines with feet

MBTI
    INTJ

From my experience ISTJ and ENFP value very different things.
    They could value the same things. They just have different ways of expressing those values, or ideas of how they should be expressed.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    They could value the same things. They just have different ways of expressing those values, or ideas of how they should be expressed.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I know quite a few ENFPs and they at least have some desire to end up not living on the streets!
    Which has nothing to do with what I said. I meant accountability vs forgiveness and responsibility vs freedom. It is highly subjective and depends on the subject matter.

and like I said- other traits are just as or more important in the long run- not ALL ENFPs are crazily stubborn and ignore the rest of the world... and not all ISTJs are calculating machines with feet
    ENFPs are stubborn and ignore the rest of the world? I thought that was ISTJs lool

Give me an example. And maybe the way of expressing the values is everything sometimes, specially for ENFPs who are NOT "the ends justify the means".

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Give me an example. And maybe the way of expressing the values is everything sometimes, specially for ENFPs who are NOT the ends justify the means.
    Oh, thats just too easy!
    Example
    ISTJ (my partner) thinks loyalty from someone else to him is important because it means that the loyal person will do many things for him and he can rely on them when he needs them. he will probably test their loyalty to be sure. he believes that this person may now deserve his loyalty in return.

ENFP (me) Loyalty is important to me because i know i must have had a profound effect on someone to deserve their loyalty, i must have shown that i am loyal for them to be loyal to me. I believe there must be a mutual feeling of trust. I see a deeper meaning to it, based mainly on emotion.

We both value loyalty but for different reasons and meanings. He see's it in black and white, i see it in a deeper meaning. He reasons it, i intuitivly trust it.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"