User Tag List

First 15232425262735 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    I'm saying Hi
    haha!! see...it could be read either way due to my comments in the other thread.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post
    Thank you for providing this insight.

I've personally never found ISTJs to be lacking in apparent depth or emotion. It's the Fi bubbling beneath the surface .

I think many other types also wear the STJ uniform, as our working environment encourages S, T and especially Jness. It's quite possibly one of the reasons that many "ISTJs" seem to lack depth. After all, it's not their true type.
    I will say that emotion is not our strongpoint. My girlfriend once lamented that I don't have them. . I have them I just don't put them on display.

There aren't a lot of things that get me excited to the point that a stranger will know. As of recently, I'm a lot more aware of my emotional level, but it's still not anywhere near a strong F. It may never be.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    haha!! see...it could be read either way due to my comments in the other thread.
    You know I was playing around..............................Right?

You don't think that somehow our back and forths about the ISTJ/ENFP relations has me hating you, do you?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Thank you. Exactly. They were just programmed that way.

Remember this show?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    You know I was playing around..............................Right?

You don't think that somehow our back and forths about the ISTJ/ENFP relations has me hating you, do you?
    hating me? no...just possibly expecting me to say something negative about enfp/istj relations.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ

hating me? no...just possibly expecting me to say something negative about enfp/istj relations.

Nah I know you still crush on us.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

um no.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ

um no.
    Okay. We lost another one, Folks!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Thank you for providing this insight.

I've personally never found ISTJs to be lacking in apparent depth or emotion. It's the Fi bubbling beneath the surface .
    Oh, no problem. This is definitely true for me, which is probably why I've also tested as INFP. Which is why I disagree with:

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    IxTJ has ... only a mildly strong Fi, if that.
    Maybe that's true according to the theory, I don't know. But I would say I have rather strong Fi.

I think many other types also wear the STJ uniform, as our working environment encourages S, T and especially Jness. It's quite possibly one of the reasons that many "ISTJs" seem to lack depth. After all, it's not their true type.
    It's our true type! And I wear it proudly Even if others aren't But yes, pretty much everyone has to work, so the STJ-ness is most apparent and useful there and probably associated with something oppressive for many people.

The thing is, it's not as if ISTJs particularly enjoy working and all that boring stuff. I mean, who does. I think it's more that ISTJs don't take their feelings into account very much in comparison to what the right thing to do is. The advantage of this is that you are able to push through with carrying out tough decisions even when it is at the cost of personal suffering or discomfort or doesn't please other people or will make them dislike you. You don't mind because you subsume your own self into the greater good. Maybe nobody will notice or appreciate it, but that's ok. I think there can be a lot of depth in that kind of attitude, it's just not an obvious depth. I think this can be difficult for Ns to appreciate because they want to change things for the better by leaving a personalised mark, producing something unique and original from them personally.

But sure, as has been pointed out, not being in touch with your feelings and others' feelings is a disadvantage socially and in relationships. This is not an ISTJ's natural ability but it can be learned through life experience.
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbah View Post
    Oh, no problem. This is definitely true for me, which is probably why I've also tested as INFP. Which is why I disagree with:

Maybe that's true according to the theory, I don't know. But I would say I have rather strong Fi.

It's our true type! And I wear it proudly Even if others aren't But yes, pretty much everyone has to work, so the STJ-ness is most apparent and useful there and probably associated with something oppressive for many people.

The thing is, it's not as if ISTJs particularly enjoy working and all that boring stuff. I mean, who does. I think it's more that ISTJs don't take their feelings into account very much in comparison to what the right thing to do is. The advantage of this is that you are able to push through with carrying out tough decisions even when it is at the cost of personal suffering or discomfort or doesn't please other people or will make them dislike you. You don't mind because you subsume your own self into the greater good. Maybe nobody will notice or appreciate it, but that's ok. I think there can be a lot of depth in that kind of attitude, it's just not an obvious depth. I think this can be difficult for Ns to appreciate because they want to change things for the better by leaving a personalised mark, producing something unique and original from them personally.

But sure, as has been pointed out, not being in touch with your feelings and others' feelings is a disadvantage socially and in relationships. This is not an ISTJ's natural ability but it can be learned through life experience.
    These are good points. I definitely can relate- especially the feelings vs duty part. Sometimes I'll say I won't do something because it's somebody else's responsibility (my feelings), but my sense of duty wins over. I'd rather the task be done and prevent any chaos over justifying my feelings.