User Tag List

First 1220212223243272 Last

Results 211 to 220 of 731

  1. #211
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    If you mean sitting down with them and talking about it then i have already done this, it seems that "pushing me too hard" is a good thing and that "i can handle it because i am superwoman". The messages are not getting through and we are going in circles. It seems i am not taken seriously until i am so angry i have steam coming out of my ears and even then i am treated like a silly girl who just had a tantrum, and then patted on the head. Ugh!
    Just dump him. He doesn't respect you.

  2. #212
    Senior Member gigi_xo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    INTJs are evil.
    to be fair, he WAS extremely evil



    the question: I can't figure out if my ex was an intj or istj upon reflection and when I tried to ask him he only wanted to discuss basketball and ignored me basically.


    to add a little background...

    He did have ideas about how to improve the future.... but they werent thought out very well... he wanted to shoot all the poor people to lower the poverty level for example.


    and he had a HORRIBLE/INSANE temper if that has anyyything to do with type, or can have to do with type?


    he never took the blame for anything, was somewhat manipulative and got very frustrated when people didn't understand him or agree.

    he didn't have a lot of friends... and was never happy with the friends he did have.


    any ideas? istj or intj??? anybodddy?/
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

    Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%


    3w4

  3. #213
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    If you mean sitting down with them and talking about it then i have already done this, it seems that "pushing me too hard" is a good thing and that "i can handle it because i am superwoman". The messages are not getting through and we are going in circles. It seems i am not taken seriously until i am so angry i have steam coming out of my ears and even then i am treated like a silly girl who just had a tantrum, and then patted on the head. Ugh!

    This sounds like a work situation, because if it's personal you should have dumped the guy. He sounds condescending and immature.

    I'd say have the discussion again, and make sure you are serious. State facts, but not only that, give him examples. Try to stay away from feelings, as they may weaken your argument. Be Serious!!!

  4. #214
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    INTJs are evil.


  5. #215
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post
    to be fair, he WAS extremely evil



    the question: I can't figure out if my ex was an intj or istj upon reflection and when I tried to ask him he only wanted to discuss basketball and ignored me basically.


    to add a little background...

    He did have ideas about how to improve the future.... but they werent thought out very well... he wanted to shoot all the poor people to lower the poverty level for example.


    and he had a HORRIBLE/INSANE temper if that has anyyything to do with type, or can have to do with type?


    he never took the blame for anything, was somewhat manipulative and got very frustrated when people didn't understand him or agree.

    he didn't have a lot of friends... and was never happy with the friends he did have.


    any ideas? istj or intj??? anybodddy?/

    It could be either, really, because a lot of the traits are common to both IXTJ types. but if it was soley based off the info you gave I'd say he was an ISTJ. Based on my understanding of MBTI, Ni doms would have a lot more going on in their head besides basketball and shooting up trailer parks. He sounds like a jerk, regardless of type.

    What's the significance of you knowing?

  6. #216
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Based on my understanding of MBTI, Ni doms would have a lot more going on in their head besides basketball and shooting up trailer parks. He sounds like a jerk, regardless of type.
    It could've been his idea of humor, too.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  7. #217
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    It could've been his idea of humor, too.
    True, but she's giving it to us as if he's serious about that outlook. It sounds like he really wanted to take out the poor (but that would only cause the next lowest class to become poor. So eventually everybody gets shot.)

  8. #218
    Senior Member gigi_xo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    It could be either, really, because a lot of the traits are common to both IXTJ types. but if it was soley based off the info you gave I'd say he was an ISTJ. Based on my understanding of MBTI, Ni doms would have a lot more going on in their head besides basketball and shooting up trailer parks. He sounds like a jerk, regardless of type.

    What's the significance of you knowing?


    I believe I've only dated NTs... until I thought more about this one... im really just curious.

    he was a jerk.


    more information... he was partly kidding about the shooting poor people. that was his sense of humor

    He did not play any sports besides being really bad at golf until he joined an inter mural soccer team which he also sucked at, but he made a fantasy baseball league and all their scores & stuff. dont know the details, he was very secretive.

    extremely judgmental, cold, insensitive, but this might be a bit of any cranky iXtj.

    does one type have a strong fi/fe than the other? Because when upset he would be completely emotional, irrational and vindictive.

    I would come up with random schemes that he would excitedly assist with, but I don't believe he made many of his own..
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

    Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%


    3w4

  9. #219
    Senior Member Just another ISTJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    IsTj
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTP
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    This sounds like a work situation, because if it's personal you should have dumped the guy. He sounds condescending and immature.

    I'd say have the discussion again, and make sure you are serious. State facts, but not only that, give him some factual information. Try to stay away from feelings, as they may weaken your argument. Be Serious!!!
    This is a solid suggestion to handle the workplace problem if your boss is really an ISTJ.

  10. #220
    Senior Member sciski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    468

    Default

    How do you know you're ISTJ? What confirmed your type for you, particularly as the OP claims there are so many misconceptions about the ISTJ type (and most of these misconceptions are based on ISTJ type descriptions)?

Similar Threads

  1. Post your victories here!!
    By kyuuei in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-02-2014, 11:06 PM
  2. ISTJ 6w7 sx/so here. Pleased to make your acquaintence.
    By The Iron Giant in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 03:21 PM
  3. [ISTJ] How does one go about wooing an ISTJ? (and other questions)
    By Tea Party in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 04:55 PM
  4. Hi, I'm a new INTJ here. Please post your welcomes : )
    By logan235711 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 10:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO