User Tag List

First 1220212223243272 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    If you mean sitting down with them and talking about it then i have already done this, it seems that "pushing me too hard" is a good thing and that "i can handle it because i am superwoman". The messages are not getting through and we are going in circles. It seems i am not taken seriously until i am so angry i have steam coming out of my ears and even then i am treated like a silly girl who just had a tantrum, and then patted on the head. Ugh!
    Just dump him. He doesn't respect you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    INTJs are evil.
    to be fair, he WAS extremely evil

the question: I can't figure out if my ex was an intj or istj upon reflection and when I tried to ask him he only wanted to discuss basketball and ignored me basically.

to add a little background...

He did have ideas about how to improve the future.... but they werent thought out very well... he wanted to shoot all the poor people to lower the poverty level for example.

and he had a HORRIBLE/INSANE temper if that has anyyything to do with type, or can have to do with type?

he never took the blame for anything, was somewhat manipulative and got very frustrated when people didn't understand him or agree.

he didn't have a lot of friends... and was never happy with the friends he did have.

any ideas? istj or intj??? anybodddy?/
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    If you mean sitting down with them and talking about it then i have already done this, it seems that "pushing me too hard" is a good thing and that "i can handle it because i am superwoman". The messages are not getting through and we are going in circles. It seems i am not taken seriously until i am so angry i have steam coming out of my ears and even then i am treated like a silly girl who just had a tantrum, and then patted on the head. Ugh!

This sounds like a work situation, because if it's personal you should have dumped the guy. He sounds condescending and immature.

I'd say have the discussion again, and make sure you are serious. State facts, but not only that, give him examples. Try to stay away from feelings, as they may weaken your argument. Be Serious!!!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    INTJs are evil.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post
    to be fair, he WAS extremely evil

the question: I can't figure out if my ex was an intj or istj upon reflection and when I tried to ask him he only wanted to discuss basketball and ignored me basically.

to add a little background...

He did have ideas about how to improve the future.... but they werent thought out very well... he wanted to shoot all the poor people to lower the poverty level for example.

and he had a HORRIBLE/INSANE temper if that has anyyything to do with type, or can have to do with type?

he never took the blame for anything, was somewhat manipulative and got very frustrated when people didn't understand him or agree.

he didn't have a lot of friends... and was never happy with the friends he did have.

any ideas? istj or intj??? anybodddy?/

It could be either, really, because a lot of the traits are common to both IXTJ types. but if it was soley based off the info you gave I'd say he was an ISTJ. Based on my understanding of MBTI, Ni doms would have a lot more going on in their head besides basketball and shooting up trailer parks. He sounds like a jerk, regardless of type.

What's the significance of you knowing?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Based on my understanding of MBTI, Ni doms would have a lot more going on in their head besides basketball and shooting up trailer parks. He sounds like a jerk, regardless of type.
    It could've been his idea of humor, too.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    It could've been his idea of humor, too.
    True, but she's giving it to us as if he's serious about that outlook. It sounds like he really wanted to take out the poor (but that would only cause the next lowest class to become poor. So eventually everybody gets shot.)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

It could be either, really, because a lot of the traits are common to both IXTJ types. but if it was soley based off the info you gave I'd say he was an ISTJ. Based on my understanding of MBTI, Ni doms would have a lot more going on in their head besides basketball and shooting up trailer parks. He sounds like a jerk, regardless of type.

What's the significance of you knowing?

I believe I've only dated NTs... until I thought more about this one... im really just curious.

he was a jerk.

more information... he was partly kidding about the shooting poor people. that was his sense of humor

He did not play any sports besides being really bad at golf until he joined an inter mural soccer team which he also sucked at, but he made a fantasy baseball league and all their scores & stuff. dont know the details, he was very secretive.

extremely judgmental, cold, insensitive, but this might be a bit of any cranky iXtj.

does one type have a strong fi/fe than the other? Because when upset he would be completely emotional, irrational and vindictive.

I would come up with random schemes that he would excitedly assist with, but I don't believe he made many of his own..
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

Senior Member Just another ISTJ's Avatar
    MBTI
    IsTj
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTP

This sounds like a work situation, because if it's personal you should have dumped the guy. He sounds condescending and immature.

I'd say have the discussion again, and make sure you are serious. State facts, but not only that, give him some factual information. Try to stay away from feelings, as they may weaken your argument. Be Serious!!!
    This is a solid suggestion to handle the workplace problem if your boss is really an ISTJ.

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

How do you know you're ISTJ? What confirmed your type for you, particularly as the OP claims there are so many misconceptions about the ISTJ type (and most of these misconceptions are based on ISTJ type descriptions)?