User Tag List

First 1119202122233171 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Forest View Post
    ISTJs, what characterizes a true friend to you? How many do you have?
    A true friend is somebody who's going to look out for my best interests, and understand that my actions are for theirs, which implies trust.

I don't expect to know everything about their lives, all of their secrets, but if it affects my relationship with them, I should know.

I have what I feel is one true friend, but his latest actions have really put our relationship to the test.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    when does it usually take to trust someone? Could authority be a factor in why you trust someone? What do you consider as "fact"? (considering how nothing is fact. would you like to debate this?)
    Trust is usually handed out in small amounts over a period of time. I'm never a total open book; I'll give you little by little, and your actions dictate if you can get more from me. When I say actions, that usually means to the extent I'm sharing I expect you to share as well, sometimes you'll have to share more than me. If you don't open up, there's little chance I will after that point. I'll make efforts and take initiative if the person is deemed worthy. There's no prescribed period- it depends on the person.

Titles, rank, authority does not play into it. I'm not impressed by those things. If anyting they could make me more skeptical.

Violate my trust I'm shutting down shop and moving on.

Facts are usually things that I feel can be objectively proven. I respect feelings, but it's very hard to gain credibility based on them alone. In my relationships, especially with females, it has caused some problems, but I've learned that if it doesn't kill me and isn't going against what's core to me, to let them have it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    ISTJs, what do you think of this quote:

"He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery." - Harold Wilson

I agree.

I'm not against change- It's necessary. I tend to be a leader of change at work and other areas of my life. It's a fact of life- it's going to happen. So while I don't always welcome it, I can accept it.

I will admit that unexpected changes give me the worst cases of "What if, what now", especially in those biggest decisions in life. But through learning about MBTI and just experience- I'm not scared if it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Trust is usually handed out in small amounts over a period of time. I'm never a total open book; I'll give you little by little, and your actions dictate if you can get more from me. When I say actions, that usually means to the extent I'm sharing I expect you to share as well, sometimes you'll have to share more than me. If you don't open up, there's little chance I will after that point. I'll make efforts and take initiative if the person is deemed worthy. There's no prescribed period- it depends on the person.

Titles, rank, authority does not play into it. I'm not impressed by those things. If anyting they could make me more skeptical.

Violate my trust I'm shutting down shop and moving on.

Facts are usually things that I feel can be objectively proven. I respect feelings, but it's very hard to gain credibility based on them alone. In my relationships, especially with females, it has caused some problems, but I've learned that if it doesn't kill me and isn't going against what's core to me, to let them have it.
    Do you think all your answers are true for all ISTJ's?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Do you think all your answers are true for all ISTJ's?
    Yes. I think my answers are along the same lines as all ISTJs, they may be off center (what printed descriptions put out), due to my experiences, my self awareness, my age- a lot of things, In essense, though my preferences are along the same lines as my ISTJ peeps LOL

If you read the thread you'll find a lot of atypical answers- which proves the point that you can't typeset us as rigidly as most would like to believe.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I have a question *raises hand*
    How do you explain to an ISTJ that they are pushing you too hard and you need some help and you feel that they are always delegating (to you) and that it is NOT a good thing?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Senior Member Just another ISTJ's Avatar
    MBTI
    IsTj
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    I have a question *raises hand*
    How do you explain to an ISTJ that they are pushing you too hard and you need some help and you feel that they are always delegating (to you) and that it is NOT a good thing?
    The rest of the sentence after "How do you explain to an ISTJ that" would be sufficient.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

question for an istj....

I'm trying to figure out whether my exboyfriend was an intj or an istj. what would be the main difference in differentiating them upon reflection?
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Just another ISTJ View Post
    The rest of the sentence after "How do you explain to an ISTJ that" would be sufficient.
    If you mean sitting down with them and talking about it then i have already done this, it seems that "pushing me too hard" is a good thing and that "i can handle it because i am superwoman". The messages are not getting through and we are going in circles. It seems i am not taken seriously until i am so angry i have steam coming out of my ears and even then i am treated like a silly girl who just had a tantrum, and then patted on the head. Ugh!
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ISTj

I'm trying to figure out whether my exboyfriend was an intj or an istj. what would be the main difference in differentiating them upon reflection?
    INTJs are evil.
    "Knights had no meaning in this game. It wasn't a game for knights."