User Tag List

First 1018192021223070 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Yes- more than likely. It's all situational. I'd say that for the most part, for me it's the principle of "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me". At that point you are cut, and only time can tell if we'll mend the situation.
    This sounds like me.
    "Your voice is like chocolate...dreamy."
    --WildHorses

MBTI
    LoLz

Every single relationship is unique though because of how unique each individual is. There isn't one way to act across all of them. You can cut corners, change things, skip things, do a lot of unexpected things with your relationships because that's the nature of human beings. We're each unique and free will has incredible potential. That's the one thing about relationships is that there are no rules.

Hi ISTJs! Is it true that the ISTJ type is held in low regard? If so, thats a shame. Sorry if any questions are duplicates that I may have missed in the thread.

ISTJ seems very unpretentious to me. Do you find that people you meet tend to regard you as very likeable and genuine?

What would be the best way to comfort a stressed out ISTJ?

Surely some ISTJs are more laid back. A person who wouldn't notice or care about someone cutting in front of him in line can still be ISTJ, yes?

Any notion or perspective on relationships with INFJs? What could you forsee?
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Hi ISTJs! Is it true that the ISTJ type is held in low regard? If so, thats a shame. Sorry if any questions are duplicates that I may have missed in the thread.
    On this forum it seems so.

ISTJ seems very unpretentious to me. Do you find that people you meet tend to regard you as very likeable and genuine?
    People do tend to see me as genuine and sincere. If I'm likeable or not though, I don't know, it depends on the person. Some people like me a lot, others don't. I definitely don't please the mainstream majority. The stuff I have doesn't seem to show immediately on the outside, so people who like me tend to be ones who have the time/inclination to look beyond superficial qualities.

What would be the best way to comfort a stressed out ISTJ?
    The question's a bit general. It's going to be different from person to person and on the kind of stress involved. It also depends on the relationship and what I'm comfortable receiving from that particular person. I make clear distinctions between who I trust and who I don't. Despite the stereotypes, from what I see on the forum the ISTJs are very different from one another apart from maybe a general shared attitude to how they function in the external world. Who they are inside is pretty idiosyncratic and not very predictable based on type theory.

Surely some ISTJs are more laid back. A person who wouldn't notice or care about someone cutting in front of him in line can still be ISTJ, yes?
    It depends on each person's definition of laid back. I'm strict about certain things but other things I can really let go. I am a hard worker but other times I'm really lazy and can't be bothered. If someone cut in front of me in line without even saying anything, I would find that unfair because I was there first. I don't mind if they ask though, if I have time and they're in a big hurry or just have a few items and I have a lot, then it's ok with me. But just pushing in is really rude.

From experience, my best friend growing up was an INFJ. I loved her like a sister and we shared our problems and supported each other and were very close. We were friends for about 15 years but then it went sour unfortunately. Not because of problems inherently to do with the ISTJ-INFJ pairing though.
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

MBTI
    INTJ

ISTJs, what characterizes a true friend to you? How many do you have?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

when does it usually take to trust someone? Could authority be a factor in why you trust someone? What do you consider as "fact"? (considering how nothing is fact. would you like to debate this?)

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

ISTJs, what do you think of this quote:

"He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery." - Harold Wilson

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    ISTJs, what do you think of this quote:

"He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery." - Harold Wilson
    I think... change is the permanent state of most things. So yeah, if you resist it, you will be out of step and in conflict with reality. I think the only thing that doesn't change is truth.
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

MBTI
    INTJ

What's up Vasilisa:

Is it true that the ISTJ type is held in low regard?- On this forum, yes. Real world, No. Unless they are your boss or some other authority figure- I can see it being a drag if they are extremely to the right.

ISTJ seems very unpretentious to me. Do you find that people you meet tend to regard you as very likeable and genuine?- Yeah I don't ever think I've been called upretentious by someone upon first impression. I do know that we tend to be more formal towards those we aren't too comfortable with. I'm usually good with everyone I meet, and have some kind of amicable relationship from that point forward.

I have an ENFJ coworker...it's an interesting dynamic. We usually walk over to the cafeteria first thing in the morning. Where I'll use a situation like when the normal grill cook is out, and the sub is messing up everybody's order to make a joke or some kind of comment, and use that as my starting point towards developing some kind of relationship with a person, the ENFJ will usually say hi to the person, and in a lot of cases, start some kind of conversation off the bat. He'll say how popular I am- when he's just as bad.

What would be the best way to comfort a stressed out ISTJ?-
    Wow...probably give your encouragement and keep moving. I wouldn't expect the person to want to talk, or cry on your shoulder. Let what you said sink, if it makes any impact, it won't be immediate. Even better, if you know them well, I'd say see if you can help them out without asking them. Most of them won't accept help that is asked. I know that was me in the past, but lately I've learned to accept help given, and even to ask for help if I find myself getting stressed.

I'll notice, but 9 times out of 10 that's an immaterial situation. I'll tell myself that in the grand sceme of things it really doesn't matter. I'm more laid back on a lot of those issues that people seem to get all riled up about. I mean if a person's acting rudely, if it's not a personal attack on me that is threatening my life I'm like whatever. It's like words don't really affect me.

I only know one confirmed INFJ, and he's a guy. He makes a lot of jokes. We have a decent relationship, but sometimes I have trouble following his Ni revelations, and how they relate to the discussion at hand. But that's his thing, it doesn't hurt much. He seems to have a problem expressing dissatisfaction- he came up from Atlanta last weekend, we met in DC, and we ended up going to a spot to hang that wasn't his type of crowd. We were with an ENTJ friend, who seems to have a lot of friends, and I know that I wanted to be with a more E person so that he and I weren't just sitting around, because eventually I'd be ready to go. Well he was pissed off the whole time but would insist he was just cold. Whatever. Even after we were done that night he still was very diplomatic with his assessment of how the night went. Based on the fact he didn't hit us up the next day (I crashed at the ENTJ's spot), we both figured he needed some alone time. I didn't hear from him all week. I'll hit him up today or tomorrow.

I don't think it's impossible to deal with heavy Ni doms. A challenge, but not impossible. I think it just takes a genuine interest in people, and an open mind.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    when does it usually take to trust someone? Could authority be a factor in why you trust someone? What do you consider as "fact"? (considering how nothing is fact. would you like to debate this?)
    For me, it comes with time as I get to know more about a person. It depends on how I see their character though, not if they have been assigned authority or not. No, I'd rather not debate whether or not anything can be determined as a fact.