User Tag List

First 816171819202868 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    Uhh, people really think that way. People don't like being confined to boxes. They don't like things assumed about them. They don't want people criticizing them. Just live and learn about what to do and what not to do. I say fuck it, and just either get past it with a more interesting personality being a more confident me, or I disregard the idiots.

The social realm is interesting and the sooner you learn to abuse your Te to get what you want in it, the better.
    Not sure if you understood my question- I was wondering, for example if these N types really look down on ISTJs in their real life, or are they just doing it out of fun and games. Like if they meet somebody, and it's a pretty decent back and forth, but let's say they are able to confirm or deduce that the other person is an S, or STJ, do they automatically put them in the other category? It seems like a lot of people on this forum operate that way- and it will get them nowhere in life.

And what's bolded- I totally feel you man! Most times, (if you are good) people are oblivious they are being subjected to Te. It's a balancing act; You exert it but don't be a prick as you go about it. I'd say you have to have the ability to talk to people, though. Raz, you don't sound like you are extremely introverted. Same here. Si does give you an ability to deal with people (based on experiences- so you gotta be in those situations), so if you are able to demonstrate confidence with that ability, you go it! The challenge of most ISTJs, though, is that they aren't good at the interim stuff. They either can't, or don't want to deal with other people oustide of what's necessary. Then when it's time to make the demands, they assume that for some reason or another people will listen, and if the people don't they try to force it. Like a boss- he may make that 'You do it because I'm the boss' talk to try to get you to do something, but outside of those commands he's not showing himself to be a true leader. So people aren't going to give him any mind when he's trying to Te others around. INTJs can also be the same way.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

What do you ISTJs think about the Enneagram?
    Do you consider it less valid, equally valid or more valid than MBTI for illustrating psychological preferences?
    Do you know what yours is?
    If yes, do you identify strongly with a wing?
    If you had to assign a percentage as to how well you feel your Enneagram type describes you, what would it be?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa*Lisa View Post
    Do you consider it less valid, equally valid or more valid than MBTI for illustrating psychological preferences?
    Do you know what yours is?
    If yes, do you identify strongly with a wing?
    If you had to assign a percentage as to how well you feel your Enneagram type describes you, what would it be?
    That's on my short term to do list, to learn Enneagram.

Not familiar with it at all.

So I'll get back with you once I'm up on it!

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Not sure if you understood my question- I was wondering, for example if these N types really look down on ISTJs in their real life, or are they just doing it out of fun and games. Like if they meet somebody, and it's a pretty decent back and forth, but let's say they are able to confirm or deduce that the other person is an S, or STJ, do they automatically put them in the other category? It seems like a lot of people on this forum operate that way- and it will get them nowhere in life.

And what's bolded- I totally feel you man! Most times, (if you are good) people are oblivious they are being subjected to Te. It's a balancing act; You exert it but don't be a prick as you go about it. I'd say you have to have the ability to talk to people, though. Raz, you don't sound like you are extremely introverted. Same here. Si does give you an ability to deal with people (based on experiences- so you gotta be in those situations), so if you are able to demonstrate confidence with that ability, you go it! The challenge of most ISTJs, though, is that they aren't good at the interim stuff. They either can't, or don't want to deal with other people oustide of what's necessary. Then when it's time to make the demands, they assume that for some reason or another people will listen, and if the people don't they try to force it. Like a boss- he may make that 'You do it because I'm the boss' talk to try to get you to do something, but outside of those commands he's not showing himself to be a true leader. So people aren't going to give him any mind when he's trying to Te others around. INTJs can also be the same way.
    I Te others around based on a lack of ability to properly use Fe. I try to gain a general basic understanding of raw human relations, what human beings expect from each other and the attributes they want from each other to establish peace and a deeper understanding. Outside of that, social rules and common decency are things I only follow as a means to an end. A learned Fe rule is something that I use only to cross a gap that Te would've otherwise failed at.

However, a lot of TJs find out early on in their lives, combining Te with learned Fe tactics allows you to accomplish selfish goals. If someone disregards me for my personality, I don't give a fuck unless they had a part to play in something that mattered in my life, and then I'd adjust to allow for something that I wanted to get done that only required a superficial relationship. Just because I'm an ISTJ doesn't mean I'm incapable of having a meaningful relationship, I just desire different things from it.

As for the Enneagram, it might or might not work, but the MBTI works fine enough for me right now. I have no reason to justify learning about it. I haven't spent much time with it.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa*Lisa View Post
    I like the Enneagram. I find it covers the basic emotional world view of a person and goes a long way in explaining how you feel yourself and how you feel the outside world and your basic kind of suffering. Which MBTI doesn't cover. MBTI is more like the details of how you might look to others, how you think and function, etc. But it's limited to the ego personality, while the Ennegram can help you with problems you might still have even when your ego personality is functioning more or less healthily.
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Random stuff:
    Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    The problem I have with this most of the time is that you can be pretty stuck on something just because of your own tunnel vision. I can be on the outside of a situation and see something else that needs to be fixed that the stubborn ISTJ is doing. Usually, though, I could logically point out why what they're doing is wrong, but I try to limit it because I might end up hurting someone's feelings.
    I'm the same way. I almost wish that I hadn't been trained to be a nice person like that, because as an ESTJ, holding in your opinion is THE MOST AWFUL THING EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by Amira View Post
    if I'm really, really mad at someone I tend to break down and cry which is extremely irritating when you'd rather be yelling or hitting something!
    Holy crap! Are we related?? Plus friggin ONE (+1)!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    If you, an ISTJ, saw food that was safe to eat but you just didn't have a clue of what it was, would you:
    a) say "I don't know what it is. Therefore, I will eat it and find out."
    b) ask for the food to be identified before you will touch it.
    c) insist on an ingredient list before you would taste it.
    c) say yuck and walk away.
    I'm not an ISTJ, but I'll answer anyways and say A. I may not be bold in other areas, but I'm very bold with new food.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    what type(s) do you think tend to be more boring, humorless, uptight, and/or predictable than the ISTJ, on average?
    I don't think ISTJs are boring at all. However, I think that, as much as I love my INFJ friends (and INFJ mom), sometimes I can get in a zone where I'm like "Yeah, I get it, your life sucks, yadda yadda yadda..." (And yes, I know that sounds horrible, but it can bug me when people relentlessly complain about their lives!) Also, a few of the INTPs I know tend to ramble in a monotone, which makes it hard to concentrate on what they're saying. But I love them anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    Can someone explain to me why this is? It's like these people are ranting about some "other" that they haven't even encountered and just call anyone they don't like an ESTJ or ISTJ.
    +1, big time!

Now, for my questions:
    - How do ISTJs flirt, and/or show someone of the opposite sex that they're interested, and/or interact in a more flirtatious way with their SOs?
    - From your experience with healthy ESTJs, do you like them? I personally find that the ESTJs I know make excellent pals/buddies, and I relate to them really well, and feel like they're my partners in crime and I was wondering if you guys sometimes feel the same way
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTJ

- How do ISTJs flirt, and/or show someone of the opposite sex that they're interested, and/or interact in a more flirtatious way with their SOs?

If I'm interested I'll probaby give you a lot of eye contact, and saying and doing little unnecessary things just to get that person's attention. In my younger days it was kind of awkwards because I never really got the balls to actually say with definition that I liked the person. I let a lot of good opportunities slip away due to that. I don't do it now. I'm a little better with expressing the interest after a little while, but that part is still kind of awkward feeling. I've heard I do fine, and you can't tell I'm nervous, but I sure do feel that way!!!

I put it to you like this...I like Es because their energy energizes me. So when it comes to my SO, if they are giving me some kind of sexual energy, I'm going to respond, even more energetic than they came at me!

From your experience with healthy ESTJs, do you like them? I personally find that the ESTJs I know make excellent pals/buddies, and I relate to them really well, and feel like they're my partners in crime and I was wondering if you guys sometimes feel the same way

I like ESTJs. - (The healthy ones) I can relate to them- The ones with a sense of humor can hit you with some real good insults (it's the Si baby!!).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Just read this whole thread. Good stuff, guys.

I've always had trouble understanding ISTJs. (Reading up on Socionics for the past few months has explained one reason--the ISTJs I've conflicted with have all valued the exact opposite functions that I do ). However, this thread is brilliant. And I wanna ask stuff.

ISTJs!

Do you get accused of being overly subtle, or overly blunt? If both, when do you get accused of either? I feel like people say both things about ISTJs, except, they seem so opposite.

Do you have trouble separating your opinions from someone else's?
    [/mini rant ahead] I ask this, because of the ISTJs I've met (and are confirmed MBTI), I usually get some kind of flack when I say I'm a Writing major. We can be having a lovely discussion on stories and literature, and then I mention I want to go into the publishing/writing field, and BAM. Cue the patronizing lecture on, "Oh, I remember being a freshman and dreaming up stories--you'll never make money that way, but that's a nice thought. Have you considered education instead?" And of course, my first thought is to be insulted at the idea that I haven't looked at this already from a practical view. This INFP may be impractical sometimes, but she's practical when it counts.

What first attracted you to your current/most recent/hypothetical SO? If it's personality, please do go into specifics. Anecdotes are welcome. No answer is a silly answer.

Describe what would be your living hell. You can make this into a joke, but I'd prefer if you took it seriously.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    ISTJ

-Saying silly things. For example, my girl is a mathematician she told me she wondered what the last number in the pi sequence was, I told her I knew- for there are six slices in a pie.

-Spontaneous Tickling: I HATE it, yet she does it to me anyway, so I do it right back to her and it goes back and forth and she starts giggling.

- Any activity in which I can embarrass her and/or single her out (in a good way)
    - Throwing a rogue snowball at her
    - Teasing
    - Tickling her 'til she falls down and can't stop laughing
    - Changing the meaning of what she says into something it clearly does not mean (twisting her words around to mean something silly- see "pie" example above)

I probably forgot some, but that's what came to mind when I saw the question.
    What first attracted you to your current/most recent/hypothetical SO?
    Physical Characteristics:
    She is very pretty- hour glass figure.

Non-Physical Characteristics: She is very sweet and she knows how to interact with me- even though I'm an extremely introverted ISTJ. She can get me to do/say some pretty dumb things, which almost no other girl has gotten me to say. We also have the same interests- more specifically, the environment.

I could go more in depth, but that's the gist of it I guess.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTj

- From your experience with healthy ESTJs, do you like them? I personally find that the ESTJs I know make excellent pals/buddies, and I relate to them really well, and feel like they're my partners in crime and I was wondering if you guys sometimes feel the same way
    Re: flirting

Internet followed by awkward behavior once we met irl that somehow succeeded. She is an ESTJ.

Re: ESTJs

I really get along well with ESTJs unless they are unintelligent. The best roommate I ever had was an ESTJ and my current best friend/girlfriend is an ESTJ. Both are extremely intelligent. I can relate to both of them really well.
    "Knights had no meaning in this game. It wasn't a game for knights."