User Tag List

First 715161718192767 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I AM innane!

now I realize I'm not allowed to have fun anymore because someone is frustrated...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I AM innane!

now I realize I'm not allowed to have fun anymore because someone is frustrated...
    Pressed the wrong buttons I guess.
    Everyone is unique. ...Just like everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Video Challenge

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by sticker View Post
    Pressed the wrong buttons I guess.
    true... funny since I'm not complaining about the type or saying that istjs are all mindless drones... I was just observing a really funny quirk and wondering if anyone else identified!

I'm perfectly fine with people making jokes about me!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    LoLz

true... funny since I'm not complaining about the type or saying that istjs are all mindless drones... I was just observing a really funny quirk and wondering if anyone else identified!

I'm perfectly fine with people making jokes about me!
    Who said you weren't allowed to have fun? I never once told you not to do something. I was merely pointing out the ignorance in your reasoning process. See? This is the ignorance about SJs that baffles me. People refuse to stop and understand WHY we control things.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

you're reading the wrong things into it... whatever, man.

*is amazed by the irony of the situation

MBTI
    LoLz

you're reading the wrong things into it... whatever, man.
    Whatever, then.

MBTI
    INTJ

Nah don't take it personal.

I feel raz tho....I could be reading along in a random thread, following a good discussion, and in comes someone who makes some blanket statement of "that's something that ISTJs do". And they are never positive things. I have thick skin, but when you come here to learn and interact at times it can be difficult when people discrediting your abilities due to the way you prefer to process and analyze.

I know for me, I wonder if this is more fun and games for people, or do they really feel this way? Maybe they don't express it verbally to others, but does it influence how they treat someone- their 'type'?

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Nah don't take it personal.

I feel raz tho....I could be reading along in a random thread, following a good discussion, and in comes someone who makes some blanket statement of "that's something that ISTJs do". And they are never positive things. I have thick skin, but when you come here to learn and interact at times it can be difficult when people discrediting your abilities due to the way you prefer to process and analyze.

I know for me, I wonder if this is more fun and games for people, or do they really feel this way? Maybe they don't express it verbally to others, but does it influence how they treat someone- their 'type'?

Uhh, people really think that way. People don't like being confined to boxes. They don't like things assumed about them. They don't want people criticizing them. Just live and learn about what to do and what not to do. I say fuck it, and just either get past it with a more interesting personality being a more confident me, or I disregard the idiots.

The social realm is interesting and the sooner you learn to abuse your Te to get what you want in it, the better.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I was actually wondering the logic behind such behavior because I work with a completely different set of functions and, for instance, find Te to be signifigantly more confusing than Ti...

and it's not like istjs are the only ones to get stereotyped around here- just look for any post talking about someone being a drug addict or irresponsible and then look at the type that was put down to describe them

I'm one of those ENF(X) weirdo people. I seriously wish I had a stronger Te/Ti. I personally dislike being sensitive and hyper aware of the people around me.

Seriously though, props to the people who can naturally utilize the Te/Ti. I personally think that when you are a "Feeler", you can be held back from achieving larger goals because those feelings may try and steal the captain seat from logic. For example, by being fearful of failure, you can be prevented from reaching your highest potential because well.. you are afraid! I would rather not have those kinds of feelings in life thank you very much. Luckily I am an undergrad science major who understands that feelings are just neurotransmitters and hormone derivatives anyways... but that doesn't change the fact that I have a heightened awareness of them within myself and others...

I read once that people who have a stronger Fe develop their full Te potential later in life. That would be amazing. I would enjoy having a healthy balance of both qualities.

And ISTJs are NOT boring, droning people! I think they can be misunderstood sometimes... they are A okay in my book!