First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    ISTJ women don't seem to notice the N/S divide. Which is really cool.
    A definite plus, in my case. The less N/S friction, the better.

Excellent avatar, by the way.
    MBTI Expressions: I: 100%; N: 89%; T: 74%; P: 89%
    Enneagram: 5w4 so/sx
    Socionics: INTp (ILI)

Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.

MBTI
    GONE

Hmm, I think if you have a good vibe you should go with it and MBT be damned! Because I think according to MBT - ISTJ/INTP is an odd pairing. Also, I think the fact she accepts your quirkiness is a good thing.

I have a good ISTJ friend and her relationship with INTPs is touch and go. There is a lot of difference within the INTP range though, especially in regards to general sociability and extraversion and also moodiness (yes, INTPs can be hella moody, I know enough irl that if anyone tells me different I will laugh and say HA! in your face).

I think for my ISTJ friend, when people (regardless of type) are too in their heads and not communicating, it REALLY throws a wrench in things. Because, imho, ISTJs are not naturally gifted at understanding what people are feeling/what is motivating them *and* empathizing.

She totally does not get nor really wants to delve to deeoly into 1 INTP we know, with another she had a huge falling out largely precipated by lack of communication and the INTP seemingly becoming hostile without explanation, and a third, she is on good terms with (after a rough patch)

In this case, seriously, screw MBT. I would only refer to it once you hit upon problems, until then, you can have an optimistic and clear head.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Hmm, I think if you have a good vibe you should go with it and MBT be damned! Because I think according to MBT - ISTJ/INTP is an odd pairing. Also, I think the fact she accepts your quirkiness is a good thing.

I have a good ISTJ friend and her relationship with INTPs is touch and go. There is a lot of difference within the INTP range though, especially in regards to general sociability and extraversion and also moodiness (yes, INTPs can be hella moody, I know enough irl that if anyone tells me different I will laugh and say HA! in your face).

I think for my ISTJ friend, when people (regardless of type) are too in their heads and not communicating, it REALLY throws a wrench in things. Because, imho, ISTJs are not naturally gifted at understanding what people are feeling/what is motivating them *and* empathizing.

She totally does not get nor really wants to delve to deeoly into 1 INTP we know, with another she had a huge falling out largely precipated by lack of communication and the INTP seemingly becoming hostile without explanation, and a third, she is on good terms with (after a rough patch)

In this case, seriously, screw MBT. I would only refer to it once you hit upon problems, until then, you can have an optimistic and clear head.
    No denying the moodiness here. I've had some pretty epic brooding sessions in the past.

I try not to be obsessed with Myers-Briggs, but I do tend to focus very strongly on topics I find interesting. (Plus, it helps me understand these mysterious beings you call "people." :P)

On a serious note, I wholeheartedly agree with the major point of your advice. I'm definitely going to be putting M-B aside in my interactions with her. (Since I'm not an obsessive MBTI evangelist, this ought not to be too difficult.) Hopefully if there are any problems -- if this even goes anywhere -- our respective understanding of MBTI will be able to help.

Thanks for the insight. You guys have all been great.
    MBTI Expressions: I: 100%; N: 89%; T: 74%; P: 89%
    Enneagram: 5w4 so/sx
    Socionics: INTp (ILI)

Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.

MBTI
    INTJ

No problem, man

Let us know how it goes!