First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    The belief exists because of the underlying social atmosphere of the forum--heavily intuitive-thinking dominated.

Overly negative descriptions of sensing types from the intuitive types will mislead those who think they may be sensing types. There have been a few threads about this phenomenon, and I'm personally hoping that more sensing types "come out of the woodwork," so to speak, so that more accurate perceptions of the types actually surface.
    Interesting. This makes sense - people conforming to the culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I can't say my observations mirror those that ISTJs on this forum are wannabe INTJs. From what I've seen, many of them see INTJs as less practical and/or realistic versions of themselves. If there was any desire in ISTJs to be different, it would likely be to be more extraverted.
    This certainly seems to be the case IRL.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    I never understood this...some of the threads I come across on this board make it seem that ISTJs want to be INTJs so bad, that some of them will label themselves as such and pretend.

Not sure why this belief exists?

Is the perception that ISTJs are somehow the inferior type?

Any ideas?
    Well, this comes primarily from the anti-S/pro-N atmosphere created by Ns who don't understand typology very well. This is really, really pervasive (even worse than here) on INTP central and INTJ forum.

If I may quote an INTJ forum thread asking, "What is the difference between ISTJ and INTJ?"

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ forum member
    ISTJs learn by memorizing the book and INTJs learn by understanding the book?
    The pretentious aura from this style of INTJ can be pretty suffocating. It sometimes leads S types who are new to typology to label themselves Ns because it's assumed that if you're an S, you're stupid or inferior, and nobody wants to label himself that way.

In reality, most ISTJs don't want to be INTJs because they value Si more highly than Ni. Si is probably the most poorly understood of all the functions in general and so a lot of inaccurate garbage is written about it.

The ISTJs who do wish they were INTJ generally hold Ni to some magical standard, like some kind of superpower, when in reality it's not nearly all it's cracked up to be. INTJs have a number of significant weaknesses; they're just really good at hiding them in most cases so they seem less vulnerable than they really are.

I doubt that any ISTJs are consciously lying about their type when they claim to be INTJ; they probably just don't understand the system well enough yet to accurately determine their own types.

There are a lot of real strengths in the ISTJ approach that are totally lost on INTJs, though, so don't worry about the nonsensical anti-S bias that you'll encounter on typology forums. It's to be expected on N-dominated forums, but it's a lot of bullshit.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    In reality, most ISTJs don't want to be INTJs because they value Si more highly than Ni. Si is probably the most poorly understood of all the functions in general and so a lot of inaccurate garbage is written about it.

The ISTJs who do wish they were INTJ generally hold Ni to some magical standard, like some kind of superpower, when in reality it's not nearly all it's cracked up to be. INTJs have a number of significant weaknesses; they're just really good at hiding them in most cases so they seem less vulnerable than they really are.
    Recently, I encountered many weaknesses of Si that I thought Ni was some magical function. Slowly, it is dawning on me that Ni often gets it wrong too.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    Recently, I encountered many weaknesses of Si that I thought Ni was some magical function. Slowly, it is dawning on me that Ni often gets it wrong too.
    If you want to see the problems with Ni at its worst, I have two words for you: Dale Gribble.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ISTj

I have never wanted to be an INTJ, if anything I'd want to be ESTJ, ISTP, or ENTP. INTJs online have always struck me as insanely arrogant, probably because I made the mistake of visiting an INTJ forum and noticing that apparently every single badass film character was apparently an INTJ. I know a few INTJs IRL, they are:

My sister: Normal
    My roommate: Normal
    Extreme INTJ Geology Major: This dude never ceases to put down anyone who isn't in a field he considers 'useful,' yet he fails to realize that he's going to a shitty school that no one respects anyway. Also, he looks like Dale Gribble.
    "Knights had no meaning in this game. It wasn't a game for knights."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    What about all the N's that aren't cool at all though?
    Shush, let's not be realistic here.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

In some ways, INTJs are like turbo-ISTJs. They have many similarities, but everything with the INTJ is bigger-picture.

And it's not really like this at all with INTPs and ISTPs. INTPs aren't ISTPs in overdrive. Maybe because we both share Ti dom in most cases. And INTJs/ISTJs have Ni/Si.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    The belief exists because of the underlying social atmosphere of the forum--heavily intuitive-thinking dominated.

Overly negative descriptions of sensing types from the intuitive types will mislead those who think they may be sensing types. There have been a few threads about this phenomenon, and I'm personally hoping that more sensing types "come out of the woodwork," so to speak, so that more accurate perceptions of the types actually surface.

That's true, I'm sure if I looked at the stats, Ns crazily outnumber Sensors on this forum, so we are underrepresented.

Do you think that those who have these misconceptions towards Sensors affect their relationships in real life? I mean, the world is full of Sensors, I can't see how they can think they are better than the many accomplished people who test as a sensor.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I can't say my observations mirror those that ISTJs on this forum are wannabe INTJs. From what I've seen, many of them see INTJs as less practical and/or realistic versions of themselves. If there was any desire in ISTJs to be different, it would likely be to be more extraverted.

I agree, although I don't think I'd want to ever be ESTJ. LOL. Maybe ESTP.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    That's true, I'm sure if I looked at the stats, Ns crazily outnumber Sensors on this forum, so we are underrepresented.
    Or some Ss are typing themselves as Ns, but know they are Ss, only to try and circumvent perceived type bias on the forum, thus skewing the numbers.