User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Just found out my sister is ISTJ, I'm trying to get her to join the site.

She said she just wants a husband and 2 kids and doesn't care/know how she gets one.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    She said she just wants a husband and 2 kids and doesn't care/know how she gets one.
    LOL! That's kind of..... scary. Are all the ISTJ girls like this? I can picture Recoleta wild west style using a lasso to round up some dude. (She's going to kill me for writing this, let's see how long it takes for her to find it )
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    LOL! That's kind of..... scary. Are all the ISTJ girls like this? I can picture Recoleta wild west style using a lasso to round up some dude. (She's going to kill me for writing this, let's see how long it takes for her to find it )
    Hahaha. I'm dying, seriously. That's a good mental picture though d@v3.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    ISTJ

Gah! Yikes... Um, no, I am very picky about who I want to spend the rest of my life with. I'd rather be alone than settle.

Now I guess I'll wait for Recoleta to arrive...
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Plato

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amira View Post
    Gah! Yikes... Um, no, I am very picky about who I want to spend the rest of my life with. I'd rather be alone than settle.

Now I guess I'll wait for Recoleta to arrive...
    Haha, well she is very picky too, however she doesn't care if Mr. Right runs her over with his car, as long as she meets him. She knows exactly what she wants, just has no clue how to find him.

In the meantime, I tell her to try to snag a doctor/med student in Boston while she finishes school.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Same here! Although I wouldn't say I'm picky, I just would say that I know what I do/don't want (basic values & qualities-wise) and I'd rather not settle just to "be with someone/anyone"
    After all,
    you're my wonderwall...

{listen: }

MBTI
    ISTJ

Haha, well she is very picky too, however she doesn't care if Mr. Right runs her over with his car, as long as she meets him. She knows exactly what she wants, just has no clue how to find him.

In the meantime, I tell her to try to snag a doctor/med student in Boston while she finishes school.
    LOL, okay, then yeah she probably is an ISTJ! Why would I care how I meet the guy? As long as he didn't do permanent damage running over me I wouldn't mind such a drastic way to run into my future husband.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Plato

MBTI
    ISXJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Hahaha. I'm dying, seriously. That's a good mental picture though d@v3.

2 words: Game on!

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    2 words: Game on!
    Well, a horse is kind of what I had in mind, but hey, if you want to ride a llama, by all means. (fiesta la llama amiga! )

....anyways... to get back on topic, I am definitley "picky" and hold high standards. I know I shouldn't, and it's not fair, but I can't help it.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISXJ

Well, a horse is kind of what I had in mind, but hey, if you want to ride a llama, by all means. (fiesta la llama amiga! )
    Well, the emoticons only allow so much creativity. Gotta make do with what you have...although, I do love llamas.

....anyways... to get back on topic, I am definitley "picky" and hold high standards. I know I shouldn't, and it's not fair, but I can't help it.
    Why shouldn't you hold high standards? Why isn't it fair? I mean, it's your life, and ultimately you have to pick your partner and be happy with your choice. If you compromise too many of the important beliefs that you have, you'll end up making yourself (and your partner) miserable in the long run. It's one thing to hold high standards on their core belief system, and totally another thing to have "high standards" on the type of haircut they prefer. I think it's important to know the things that are important enough to you that you wouldn't be willing to compromise.

I mean, what would really be "unfair" is marrying your partner with the expectations that they (or you) will change once you're married. I have kind of resolved myself to the idea of, "If you're gonna be with this person for the rest of your life, you better make sure you can accept them exactly as they are."