User Tag List

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Lightbulb ISFJ and imagination

I was wondering about ISFJs and their imaginative side. What is it like? What was it like when you were very young? What sort of dreams or daydream did you have?

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

When I was a kid my daydreams tended to always be supernatural or fantastical and they always centered around me being viewed as an object of respect or admiration.

Presently, my daydreams/imagination tend to have one of the following themes:

1) Much the same when I was a kid, but very realistic. I daydream about things I could actually do that would earn me respect or admiration

2) About past love interests or my current one. Things we said and did or things I'd like to say and do. These types of daydream occupy most of my time (about 90% of my daydream time)

3) Stories/movies/animes I've read or seen or stories that I'm thinking about writing. I actually have a story/concept cooking around in my brain that I've been tossing around and thinking about putting to pen but it's still very much in it's concept stage.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

I dreamed about romance and that was about it. I think it was always fairly realistic, though. I was more one to daydream about things AFTER they happened rather than before. Or I would daydream about stories I read or scenes from movies I saw and made believe they were happening to me.

However, I can have an imagination at times, but it's usually silliness rather than something I take very seriously.
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I always dream about people I like. In my dreams we're always doing something really awesome. That can vary from day to day. I don't remember much of what I imagined when I was a kid.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    When I was a kid my daydreams tended to always be supernatural or fantastical and they always centered around me being viewed as an object of respect or admiration.

Presently, my daydreams/imagination tend to have one of the following themes:

1) Much the same when I was a kid, but very realistic. I daydream about things I could actually do that would earn me respect or admiration

2) About past love interests or my current one. Things we said and did or things I'd like to say and do. These types of daydream occupy most of my time (about 90% of my daydream time)

3) Stories/movies/animes I've read or seen or stories that I'm thinking about writing. I actually have a story/concept cooking around in my brain that I've been tossing around and thinking about putting to pen but it's still very much in it's concept stage.
    Interesting. Do you ever tell anyone about these things?

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    Interesting. Do you ever tell anyone about these things?
    The only person I ever told was my then girlfriend at the time. Otherwise, no I keep this to myself. Kind of embarrassing actually
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson