• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] ISFJ and imagination

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I was wondering about ISFJs and their imaginative side. What is it like? What was it like when you were very young? What sort of dreams or daydream did you have?

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I was a kid my daydreams tended to always be supernatural or fantastical and they always centered around me being viewed as an object of respect or admiration.

Presently, my daydreams/imagination tend to have one of the following themes:

1) Much the same when I was a kid, but very realistic. I daydream about things I could actually do that would earn me respect or admiration

2) About past love interests or my current one. Things we said and did or things I'd like to say and do. These types of daydream occupy most of my time (about 90% of my daydream time)

3) Stories/movies/animes I've read or seen or stories that I'm thinking about writing. I actually have a story/concept cooking around in my brain that I've been tossing around and thinking about putting to pen but it's still very much in it's concept stage.

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I dreamed about romance and that was about it. I think it was always fairly realistic, though. I was more one to daydream about things AFTER they happened rather than before. Or I would daydream about stories I read or scenes from movies I saw and made believe they were happening to me.

However, I can have an imagination at times, but it's usually silliness rather than something I take very seriously.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I always dream about people I like. In my dreams we're always doing something really awesome. That can vary from day to day. I don't remember much of what I imagined when I was a kid.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I was a kid my daydreams tended to always be supernatural or fantastical and they always centered around me being viewed as an object of respect or admiration.

Presently, my daydreams/imagination tend to have one of the following themes:

1) Much the same when I was a kid, but very realistic. I daydream about things I could actually do that would earn me respect or admiration

2) About past love interests or my current one. Things we said and did or things I'd like to say and do. These types of daydream occupy most of my time (about 90% of my daydream time)

3) Stories/movies/animes I've read or seen or stories that I'm thinking about writing. I actually have a story/concept cooking around in my brain that I've been tossing around and thinking about putting to pen but it's still very much in it's concept stage.

Interesting. Do you ever tell anyone about these things?

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting. Do you ever tell anyone about these things?

The only person I ever told was my then girlfriend at the time. Otherwise, no I keep this to myself. Kind of embarrassing actually ;)