• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] This is a guardhouse?

Cloudblue

Amazing Spambot!
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
This is guardhouse right?, so I should be safe here?
I know this post seems irrelevant, but why call it the guardhouse?

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
what do they guard? on a related note, what Idyllic am I a part of?

Just another ISTJ

MBTI Type
IsTj
Enneagram
1w9

Yes, so long as you don't touch anything.

SillySapienne has the explanation and as for guardians of what, SJs are supposedly the guardians of society. SJs keep it standing amongst the anarchy created by all the other types. :nerd:

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Yes, so long as you don't touch anything.

This sounds so like my ISTJ brother... You should see his house. And how he's taught his two young kids not to touch anything and clean up right after they've played!

Just another ISTJ

MBTI Type
IsTj
Enneagram
1w9
This sounds so like my ISTJ brother... You should see his house. And how he's taught his two young kids not to touch anything and clean up right after they've played!

I'll give him kudos for that last bit with the kids cleaning up...but has anyone ever asked him why he refuses to let them touch anything?

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I'll give him kudos for that last bit with the kids cleaning up...but has anyone ever asked him why he refuses to let them touch anything?

I don't think so. There are many fragile objects in the house (scupltures and such he bought during his scuba diving trips) so I guess people understand why you must not touch these things. The children must understand themselves.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
:yes:... It's the guardhouse because it is where all the "guards" discuss national err, I mean forum security issues. :dry:
what do they guard? on a related note, what Idyllic am I a part of?
:melllow: We are capable of guarding many things! Even people! :yes: But in a subtle way we guard society (laws passed by the republic) and tradition.

On the other hand, YOU I believe are part of the "dreamers" or "idealists". At least I think you are, perhaps an NF can correct me on that. :unsure:
They guard tradition.
:cheers:

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
No one's safe here, run for the hills.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
The thread title made me think of "Farmhouse" by Phish. Actually, there is some SJ-ness in the hosting of the houseguests and missing of the person gone.

Welcome this is a farmhouse
We have cluster flies, alas
And this time of year is bad
We are so very sorry,
There's little we can do
But swat them

She didn't beg oh, not enough
She didn't stay when things got tough
I told a lie and she got mad
She wasn't there when things got bad

I never ever saw the northern lights
I never really heard of cluster flies
Never ever saw the stars so bright
In the farmhouse things will be alright

Woke this morning to the stinging lash
Every man rise from the ash
Each betrayal begins with trust
Every man returns to dust

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because SJs are the guardians (guardhouse), SPs are the artisans (arthouse), NFs are the idealists (idyllic), and NTs are the rationals (rationale).

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
We're not good at coming up with clever names for stuff like this. It takes a lot of time for anything to pop up, if ever even at all.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Because SJs are the guardians (guardhouse), SPs are the artisans (arthouse), NFs are the idealists (idyllic), and NTs are the rationals (rationale).

how come you guys get houses and we don't? what is this shit