User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SJ's: how do you use Ne?

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Sometimes they use it to imagine all the awful things that could potentially go wrong in order to back up Si's trepidation at trying something risky or uncertain.
    Yes. But when there is a good connection to reality, this can be good when you smell a rat and follow the scent connecting one dot to another random dot and and then uncover dangerous schemes. You may be called crazy by some and wasting your time, but they are left holding the bag when you already took the steps to protect yourself.

Otherwise, I use Ne especially when I need a quick solution and a conventional one isn't available. Like the other day when I discovered I couldn't mash my carrot and sweet potato mash with a fork because the carrot hadn't cooked long enough but I'd already thrown out the water and I had no proper masher. So I used the coffee press.

Senior Member Array simpleamazement's Avatar

Well Ne ways...i got to go, ttyl

6w7 sp/sx

I know personally that when somebody refuses to try something new because there's no "practical" need for it, I find myself screaming inside "BUT IT WILL BE FUN, COME ON! WHAT ABOUT EXPLORATION" Or when someone focuses on the nitty-gritty details of something, rather than the big picture, I'm just like "Ok....can we move on, now? I get it, and this is really boring..." Your ISTJ friend probably wishes that you, as an ENTP, weren't so random, spontaneous, disorganized, and unfocused, [QUOTE]

Agree with the above , always the one to push for the new, novelty and jumping in the ice cold water/be alittle daring etc XD.

Oh my...

hehe I used to think the same thing about what now is one of my bestest friends known since elementary. First time I met her I thought similar things.

She can definitely be open minded and actually her Ne usage is not invisible.
    There will be times where we will delve into deeper issues such as N related topics but most the time it's Si-Te. I'm amazed at how balanced she is in her usage she can follow my wild tangents sometimes *give her big credit/fact i'm alive is proof*.

But with that in mind she can use it but it's limited I could run on Ne like a car on gas constantly, she will get burned out hearing me shoot off all my Ne tangents after awhile so I've learned to can it or say it in a way she can appreciate. Most the time she's very flexible and will join in the playful-ness that is Ne such as puns, jokes, weird/funny connections *ISTj*. She can hold her own .

I do notice a need whenever developing her very well established strategy
    in anything new,risk taking she will use her Te-Ne in that way to make sure that every move is accounted for so as to deflect any negative result where at this point i'm just wanting to shoot for the moon *XD*. But it's amazing to watch.

Agree with TS I used to think internally " why wait?" " why so serious? Just try it." Even would wonder if she ever took a risk or did daring things, which she's just very strategic prior. I have a respect for her especially now cause I used to think she was too narrow but then I saw how very opened minded she was once she got to fully analyze the whole situation and potential outcome .

My sweet ISFJ mama is the same way. Very *maybe too* cautious and even alittle gun shy of new situations/changes. She is starting to try to cuddle with Ne but it's still not her thing which I respect .

SJs keep rocking, I got enough admiration to go around for you guys .
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)