• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFJ] How do you show ESFJ's you care?

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
I have a very hard time relating to certain female ESFJ's. What kinds of things could I do to show that I care? We don't even seem to speak the same language.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
emmmm, im no expert with them, but I think they are like ESTPs in that they just like seeing some kind of overt effort - physical effort to hang with them, talking to them etc. Not words but action oriented effort. Making time for them will probably go very far.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Do stuff for them, in a manner that indicates to them you care. That's the nice thing about ESJs that I have found, is that what they appreciate is usually pretty apparent and thus easy to do. For example, my ESJ really likes flowers, so if I mess up or for no reason at all I'll just send some to her work, because I know she equates flowers with apology or feeling, and she likes feeling successful. The public display always makes her feel better because she gets to tell people her bf got them for her, blah blah blah blah, girly girly stuff.

So just find out what she likes.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
ESFJs want to feel needed (for what they do more so than who they are in my experience) and helpful. Let them know how much you appreciate the things they do for you and make them feel as though they are helping make your life better.

It also helps, like Jock says, to do nice things for them. I find that words are appreciated, but tangible things (gifts, time, effort) seem to hold the most weight - they are "don't tell me show me" people, imo.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Just tell her that you really enjoyed the pie she made for you when you were under the weather, and then say that you don't see how you could possibly live without that pie in your life, and ask for the recipe or for her to make it again some time.

Bri

MBTI Type
INTJ
The ESFJs I know tend to value tradition rather highly, so I imagine any of the 'usual' courting rituals and displays of affection would work well. As Jock said above - flowers are good, also things like cute post-it notes on the dashboard of her car, greeting cards, dinner reservations, etc. Aim to do obvious things for her, not just subtle things.

G

Glycerine

Make sure you tell them how much you appreciate their help and do something out of the blue for them. Since many of them love to help others, I think they secretly love it when others consider them or help them for a change.

EDIT: JoSunshine, I wrote down pretty much the exact same before I saw your post... :doh: lol

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
^

That.

Also, listen to them. Show an interest in what they have to say. I suppose that goes for any type, but from ESFJs I know they tell me that they love that I listen to them and take them seriously.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Telling them bluntly is helps, but make sure you use your ACTIONS to show ANY SJ type that you care. :yes:

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
ESxJ's are the ultimate in the "telling isn't selling" school of thought. You have to demonstrate how you feel. Doing nice things and remembering small details = good.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
Thanks, everyone. I'm going to put your suggestions to use. (Except for the flowers and courting part, since I don't want to date any of them.) :)

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Little things. Biggest thing is look and see what they do for others and then do those same things for them. If I leave my fiancee a little note on the dashboard of the truck, it would show him that those little things are the kind of things I value, as well. (Not that I would do it just so I would get the same thing back in return...I'm just saying it shows what I value.) It comes naturally to people to show love in the way they like to receive love, so I think you can often look at what someone does to others to demonstrate their care for them and then emulate those characteristics when dealing with that person.

For me, I like little details. I like people making small efforts for me that show me they're thinking of me. If someone calls me in the middle of the day to tell me a little story they know I'll enjoy, I love that. I LOVE getting little cards or notes. Those little things mean more to me than big things most of the time.

I'd also say learn to show some initiative. We ESFJs are natural planners and organizers. I enjoy it, but I often get to the place where I feel I'm the only one who makes effort. It really hurts me when I am constantly depended on to make the plans. It shows me someone cares when they take initiative and they plan something for ME.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow. I dated an ESFJ and I thought they were the easiest people to show affection too. But then maybe that's because I'm their introverted counterpart.

In any event, I found that blunt, overt displays work best. Flowers, poetry, dinner dates, etc. Don't be afraid to randomly tell them or show them how much you appreciate them, just for being them.

Last edited: