User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    In regard to the inferior Ne and stereotypes. I see how STJs live out of fear based on the details. 4 of these things appeared and if this last thing were to happen then all hell will break loose. But whats the possibility of that last thing happening? Take this into stereotypes and you have a huge number of things lining up and you cant predict what a person will do so you err on the side of fear. .
    That would push everything up to the Red squares in the risk assessment matrix!

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Socionics
    ESI

hahahahahaha

SJs...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post

Have I ever mention that I recently fell in love with frameworks?

This is useful to the ISTJ
    I may have missed this but what does L, M, H and E stand for?

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    Anything you want.

Low Medium High Extreme

Little Much Huge Epic

Less More Hefty Excessive

etc etc.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Socionics
    ESI

Clever! Yeah, those letters make it confusing. I think I would just go by the colors.

Green = go
    Red = stop (i.e. don't do it)

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I know with me I dont hesitate, but I do bring up the possible problems we face to make sure that people are aware of what we need to tackle. Its used to help others make the decision as I am up to tackle pretty much anything.

In regard to the inferior Ne and stereotypes. I see how STJs live out of fear based on the details. 4 of these things appeared and if this last thing were to happen then all hell will break loose. But whats the possibility of that last thing happening? Take this into stereotypes and you have a huge number of things lining up and you cant predict what a person will do so you err on the side of fear. With another example its like its happened before so it will happen again, be prepared. Fear every lightning strike as since its hit someone in the past you are lucky if it doesnt hit you this next time.
    Yeah you're right, usually the possibility of the thing happening is very low, and sometimes I get comforted by the numbers but usually instinctively fear of the unknown kicks in.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    It's interesting to read this thread because when I see fear of change it to me it divides more between old and young than SJ and vs. everyone else.

I've seen older NPs at my job more reluctant to do things in a new way or change something than young SJs. Most people are satisfied with their own status quo no matter what their type is. Why is it confined to SJs?

ETA: And doesn't this greatly depend on what the change is? Change can go in many directions and rarely is it neutral. Change just for change's sake is getting a new haircut or something ultimately trivial.

For major life changes how can you tell the difference between wild and unfounded speculation and an honest assessment of likely consequences?
    Actually the whole thread was initially regarding stereotypes, but it turned into a discussion of inferior Ne and fear of worst-case possibility. But yeah what you say makes sense since NPs learn to understand SJness as they age.

And yeah it does depend in large part on what the change is. But I just mean change in general, as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    As Heinel suggested, it seems to mean Low, Medium, High, and Extreme.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by FeatheredFrenzy View Post
    Clever! Yeah, those letters make it confusing. I think I would just go by the colors.

Green = go
    Red = stop (i.e. don't do it)
    You can certainly use it like that. In risk management, you would examine the risks in those squares (esp the red one) and decide what to do with them. Your options are:
    • mitigate - do things to reduce impact and probability of the risk
    • avoid - change the plan around
    • transfer - buy insurance
    • sharing - get a partner
    • retaining - bear the risk

Mitigate, avoid, and retaining are the most probable response for an individual trying to do something.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Really? Literally all the ISFJs I have known in my life have always preferred knowing the parameters of the situation and dealing with things they already know how to do, where there are no surprises. (That's how I define "box living", maybe you are defining it differently.) This includes ISFJs from the Boomer and Gen X generations.

What is your experience, being ISFJ?
    Good question...sorry I didn't see it until now. We need something like notifications on the forum for when someone quotes you on something haha. I'm so used to facebook responses being shown as little red numbers on the bottom, I forget I have to check typeC. Anyway, </rant>, I think you bring up a good point. I am definitely like this, I prefer having my parameters set and having a clearly defined set of goals to work within, nothing ambiguous. But I suppose given my experience in life and my general discoveries so far, I realize that this is not realistic, so I have learned a very limited use of intuition to help with the ambiguity. I never really thought of this as living in a box though. I suppose I prefer my judgments to be in a box, but my perceptions I'd rather leave open to interpretation. In other words, if I'm doing something for someone or completing a task, I'd love to be sure that I'm doing it right. However, if you're posing a philosophical, religious, or political question or using a hypothetical situation to explore, I'd rather leave it as is and explore the implications. As it applies to my general discovery and understanding of life, people, and who I am, I prefer an intuitive perspective and would never want to lump anything in a box. Does this answer your question?

MBTI
    YaYa

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    I identify with this. I understand that even the beaten paths sometimes carries unexpected surprises and I can handle them, but I can't seem to be confident that I'll be able to handle surprises off the beaten path.

I actually have no idea how to weight those possibilities until recently. But next time this happens, I am going to go through a process of estimating the probability and severity of those items going wrong.

Have I ever mention that I recently fell in love with frameworks?

This is useful to the ISTJ, but I don't think this is going to help the ISFJ.
    I don't get it.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    I don't get it.
    I dont get it much either. Your missing a huge key piece of information. How do you know whats rare, insignificant, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Actually the whole thread was initially regarding stereotypes, but it turned into a discussion of inferior Ne and fear of worst-case possibility. But yeah what you say makes sense since NPs learn to understand SJness as they age.
    I think NPs end up getting beat down with failed attempts or openness and SJs get fed up with the limits a stereotype puts into place.
    Im out, its been fun