User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: ISFJ hatred

Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    You stand up for the sinner? I'm sorry, I can't agree with that. I stand up for the innocent and the needy. I will only stand up for the sinner if he repents.
    I won't punish the sinner myself, but if I see that person get in trouble, I do see that it's catching up on him. It is healthy for that person's conscience to have this happen.
    That's a really interesting way of putting it. Guess it's true.

Mind if I start a topic on it?
    Quite interested in the different opinions on this matter now.

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    That's a really interesting way of putting it. Guess it's true.

Mind if I start a topic on it?
    Quite interested in the different opinions on this matter now.
    Go for it!

MBTI
    I

I know this one ISFJ who always seems to hold a grudge for a long time if she got into an argument with that person. This happened with me, and I'm the opposite - never hold grudges, and usually forgive people immediately. So the whole situation was puzzling, can't understand the somewhat childish attitude.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

my passive-aggressive mom. she'll bend over backwards for me, but fight--not argues, fights--with me about shit. She holds double-standards that are plain as day and she doesn't seem to think her words and choices of expression have an effect on me. I call her out on her crap and she goes "it was a simple statement" - no it wasn't, bullshit, thats how you act when you give me your prescriptive traditionalist advice with a harsh tone, like i'm a bad person or some shit.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Honestly...it's something I don't like about myself. I don't like that I can have such an overwhelming lack of respect and contempt for someone I care about. He's still my brother and I still love him as such but I honestly wish he would wake up one morning and have someone beat the living hell out him.
    I can't understand this.

You have an overwhelming lack of respect and contempt for him, and you honestly wish that he would have someone beat the living hell out of him.

Yet you say that you care about him and love him?

An ISFJ has said a similar thing to me before and it is a paradox, i cannot get my head around it.

The truth is that if you feel like that about someone, you don't care about them nor love them. The fact that he is your brother changes nothing.
    I know this isn't how an SJ thinks... but 'social conventions say i should love him' doesn't mean 'i love him'.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    I might be wrong about her feeling suddenly useless. How would you feel, Giggly? I respect your input.
    If it were the first time I've ever lost someone close to me then yes I would feel very lost and scared, especially if I have no one in my life to encourage me that life goes on.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by run View Post
    my passive-aggressive mom. she'll bend over backwards for me, but fight--not argues, fights--with me about shit. She holds double-standards that are plain as day and she doesn't seem to think her words and choices of expression have an effect on me. I call her out on her crap and she goes "it was a simple statement" - no it wasn't, bullshit, thats how you act when you give me your prescriptive traditionalist advice with a harsh tone, like i'm a bad person or some shit.
    Bad INTP. BAD!

JUST KIDDING

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

ooh- I like ISFJs!

they generally seem to be amused by me and somewhat tolerant and they're just so damned nice to me that I tend to think that they're great

I really wish they'd quit telling me to be careful, calling me to make sure that I'm still alive and telling me to wrap up when it's cold out though....
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post

I really wish they'd quit telling me to be careful, calling me to make sure that I'm still alive and telling me to wrap up when it's cold out though....
    yeah... do ya need a million dollars? i can get ya a million dollars if you need a million dollars...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    My younger brother. He and I haven't seen eye to eye for a long time and I've discovered the best way to just get along is to avoid him at all costs and associate myself with him as little as possible.

We used to get along fairly well until he got into high school, then it was like his personality changed and he became this arrogant, extremely self-centered Captain America Marine Commando type. Ever since then I haven't been able to stand being around him for a prolonged period of time.

Honestly...it's something I don't like about myself. I don't like that I can have such an overwhelming lack of respect and contempt for someone I care about. He's still my brother and I still love him as such but I honestly wish he would wake up one morning and have someone beat the living hell out him.

Most of the time I'm cordial with him but that's the best I can muster. I doubt he's aware of just how deeply I dislike him but I doubt he'd care. His head is so far up his butt he wouldn't notice anyway. I just try to stay away from him when I can, It's best that way.
    I don't get this either. I can understand sibling annoyance. But this I don't. It sounds like he's someone you just put up with because he's family rather than love or respect. Honestly if you can't picture doing virtually ANYTHING for this person, let alone at least stand being around them, how can you actually love them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]