User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP

There was just a thread about Si in INTPs which sadly seems doomed to neglect... In any case, I'm really intrigued about the differences and similarities between Si in SJs and Si in... NPs I guess, tertiary & inferior users. So, SJs, tell me more.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    well that's a trait they're known to have (thinking about the past) and that's my experience so i shared it. of course typology is an indicator so behaviors vary from person to person. i assumed we all were aware of that. i am quite sure i remember reading keirsey describing SJ's as spending time thinking about the past. i'll dig the book out and look.
    Yes, but the way in which you described her portrayed her traits as negatively affecting her relationships and her lifestyle. That's not healthy.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    As I messed with an ESFP girl for a short while, I quickly came to understand Si better than before.

When an SP tells you she wishes to experience something, she means that she wishes to do something just to know what it's like. When an SJ tells you he wishes to experience something, he means he wishes to do something so that he might use the experience for his benefit in the future.

Also, I noticed my Si in that whenever we talked I almost always could quote her verbatim on earlier conversations.

And more generally, my Si regularly manifests itself with my consistency. I know what I like and I like what I know, and consequently I rarely see a need for change. I when I have to "try" something new, at least without adequate research tools.

Exactly.

My girl's an ISFP and I will recall to her statements that she has made, word for word. Sometimes she remembers them, sometimes she doesn't, due to her wacky Fi.

I find it funny when she tells me that I said something, and I know I didn't. She'll accuse me of saying something, but I can remember the situation and recall the situation and exactly what I said, and I can give her the exact words I said. It's just that she translated it to mean something else, good or bad.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Exactly.

My girl's an ISFP and I will recall to her statements that she has made, word for word. Sometimes she remembers them, sometimes she doesn't, due to her wacky Fi.

I find it funny when she tells me that I said something, and I know I didn't. She'll accuse me of saying something, but I can remember the situation and recall the situation and exactly what I said, and I can give her the exact words I said. It's just that she translated it to mean something else, good or bad.
    This seems just way too similar to how I interact with an ESFP...
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    ENFP

My mother is ISFJ and she constantly has her eyes fixed on the past. I think that it is a form of security for her as she trusts in things that are tried and tested. I even think that she would prefer to revisit a bad situation or keep repeating a mistake rather than try something completely new and risky, in some cases anyways. However, she is also very stuck in the present tense and I am very stuck in the future which means that I am probably better at dealing with bad events than her however, she is better at sorting them out
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??