• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJs, do you like repetitive activities?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Supposedly SJs like repetitive jobs. Myself, I get bored with them, but I'm definitely very good at them.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Yeah, you could say I do, actually. It applies to a lot of things in my life.

I love techno music, which often gets criticized for being too repetitive.

I don't like it when I have to leave Lakeland; I would prefer to just stay there, and I don't have much interest in traveling to new places.

I always pick Bowser in Mario Kart.

Really, I just like a lot of unity in my life, and have variety only come in as a novelty, or just in smaller amounts.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I hate doing things over and over again! I get bored way too easily. What would be good is to have a job that changed venue every two months or something. :yes:

Ozz

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I do not like repetitive activities. I like to know information about the activities before I do them, but that just means I like predictability. That doesn't mean I like repetition.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
I guess it depends on how you look at it. My roommate (ESTP) is always criticizing how predictable I am and how I always seem to have this routine, whereas I'm not constantly thinking about what I do or what he does.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't like repetitive activities- especially at work. While I like some predictability, and a rountine around what I do, I need variety and the ability to think and go with the flow as well.

Being an SJ doesn't mean I'm a robot.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I like variety.

However, i will play a particular computer game for hours just to get the high score ..

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Supposedly SJs like repetitive jobs. Myself, I get bored with them, but I'm definitely very good at them.

I would not say I like them... I feel bored too; however, I prefer a boring job over a stressful one. Just my personal choice based on knowing myself and knowing that most jobs are either boring or stressful, one of the two, and I do better with boredom than stress in a job overall.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I would not say I like them... I feel bored too; however, I prefer a boring job over a stressful one. Just my personal choice based on knowing myself and knowing that most jobs are either boring or stressful, one of the two, and I do better with boredom than stress in a job overall.

I couldn't agree more. If it's a choice between a boring, less stressful job VS. a very interesting, highly stressful job, then I would take the boring one every time. My goal is to avoid responsibility and stress.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I couldn't agree more. If it's a choice between a boring, less stressful job VS. a very interesting, highly stressful job, then I would take the boring one every time. My goal is to avoid responsibility and stress.

I don't mind responsibility so much. In fact, I would prefer if I had a job that was boring, repetitive and predictable. That way it would give the job meaning. What stresses me out in a job is unpredictability, unprofessionalism, chaos combined with high stakes, and disorganization. I would gladly take the boring job that has a lot of responsibility over that. Different strokes for different folks, I say. There are other ways I can get my excitement.

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Almost every SJ that I know likes jigsaw puzzles. I consider that repetitive.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
You know, I just remembered something- I get deja vu all the time. It must be because I do a lot of repetitive activities.

And yes, you can bet it was happening to me just before I made this post. I guess it's a certain series/combination of things that trigger it.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Almost every SJ that I know likes jigsaw puzzles. I consider that repetitive.

Hmmmm .. :run: ;)

You know, I just remembered something- I get deja vu all the time. It must be because I do a lot of repetitive activities.

And yes, you can bet it was happening to me just before I made this post. I guess it's a certain series/combination of things that trigger it.

Do you really think deja vu is due to repetitive activities?? .. I think it is our subconscious telling us we are on the right path and exactly where we need to be at that precise moment ..

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
I don't see why not, it makes sense to me. But you could be right too.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What stresses me out in a job is unpredictability, unprofessionalism, chaos combined with high stakes, and disorganization. I would gladly take the boring job that has a lot of responsibility over that.
That's a pretty potent list, I'd agree with you there, and in general that I'd prefer boring over stressful. At my job, we have some days one way and some days the other, so I know which I'd prefer.

Repetitive activities: Even SJs daydream and drift off while doing repetitive tasks. I think I can vouch for this. I don't mind doing repetitive tasks, if they need to be done, and I think I may have better tolerance for them, but it's not "exciting" and most of the time isn't even "relaxing" for long. I guess for short periods of time, it could be relaxing. :thinking:

To choose repetitive activities for fun/leisure: No, usually I don't do that. Usually when I choose something for fun, it's for its variety (just not too wild!).

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I don't mind responsibility so much. In fact, I would prefer if I had a job that was boring, repetitive and predictable. That way it would give the job meaning. What stresses me out in a job is unpredictability, unprofessionalism, chaos combined with high stakes, and disorganization. I would gladly take the boring job that has a lot of responsibility over that. Different strokes for different folks, I say. There are other ways I can get my excitement.

Yeah, I do agree that I'd take boring over stressful any day of the week. But I get stressed from things like too much responsibility, or approaching deadlines (where I haven't completed the work). I prefer boring to difficult jobs as well, but there is a limit to which a job can be boring. If it gets past a certain level, I feel restless.